Other Literature The Dungeon Lore

Seeker

Eater of Worlds
Since my Crimson lore received some great feedback I thought I'd do another lore post. This time it'll be about an even more mysterious biome that has made me scratch my head forever. Yes my fellow Terrarians, I speak of the Dungeon.
(Hey you... if don't like this post or if you enjoy my literature go check out a story I'm working on. Links at the bottom.)

Why was the Dungeon created?
Before we get into the Dungeon contents I'd like to elaborate on a possible reason why someone would create such a hell-ish environment. Who do we find at the entrance and sometimes inside the Dungeon? The old man (the clothier) who is cursed with being Skeletrons host or something along the lines. We all know Skeletron is a dangerous being and he shouldn't be underestimated so if you cant beat something with this much power, why not imprison it? Trap it somewhere you can just ignore it and maybe even study it. Why the old man would be possessed by Skeletron is open to speculation (just like everything else in Terraria)

The enemies in the dungeon are all dead, why?
It is my personal belief that over time people began to question if Skeletron could truly be held in the Dungeon forever, so to rid the world of such an evil creature heroes much like us ventured into the Dungeon seeking out the old man to kill him. Knowing that if his host died, he would too Skeletron would fight back killing everyone who came down for him.

Yeah they're dead, but why do they fight the player?
This is a hard question to answer. We all know that Dungeon Spirits appear out of these enemies after you kill them, so its obvious these things possess the bones of the dead and act as dangerous enemies. As for the Paladins (they'd pop up sooner or later) maybe all that was left of them was armor. But what are Dungeon Spirits? They could be the ghosts of the heroes who died in the Dungeon trying to protect you from Skeletron, but we have to remember these enemies only spawn after Skeletron has been defeated so this theory is kind of weak. So its possible Dungeon Spirits are Skeletron, how? I'll explain later.

What is Skeletron?
It is my belief that he is some kind of spirit. Why? He pops out of nowhere, he possesses the old man, and finally... wells that's it. Why he takes the appearance of a skeleton is beyond me, maybe he's death incarnate or he just wants to frighten his enemies. I have no evidence to back up my next claim other than that there are spirits in Terraria, Skeletron comes from a realm parallel to the real one, a spirit world if you will. He can only enter our world by possessing non-living things (how he possessed the clothier is beyond me) If this is true obviously he wants revenge, so he'll just possess skeletons in the Dungeon to attack the player, that's probably why some enemies are called Angry Bones.

Whats up with water in the Dungeon?
A lot of weapons and items found in the Dungeon are related to water, why? This is a question with almost no true answer, but its my personal belief that these weapons have something to do with the whole Skeletron possesses bones theory. In history water has long represented life and growth, although its not real life, the skeletons in the Dungeon move again under the control of a spirit.

Why are powerful weapons in the Dungeon?
Questions with no answers.. that's all we get from the Dungeon. Maybe heroes from the past took those weapons down to try to defeat Skeletron, obviously they died, leaving their weapons for other heroes. Maybe Skeletron made unique chests that could only be opened with the elusive keys to keep the weapons from ever being used again.

Wow... I'm not really sure how to describe this. Was this post a failure or a victory? Really fell apart near the end with those unanswerable questions, I think. Anyways tell me your thoughts below and check out my story, I can assure you its better than this!
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-liberator.13843/

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-10_19-17-57.png
    upload_2015-3-10_19-17-57.png
    202 bytes · Views: 185
Back
Top Bottom