Game Mechanics The Flying Dutchman should drop furniture, not the pirates

Bone Slime

Terrarian
It has no sense for pirates to drop golden furniture pieces. Why do they even carry around such things? But, there is probably a captain's cabin on the Flying Dutchman...

So, what do I propose:
  1. Pirates no longer drop golden furniture pieces
  2. The Flying Dutchman drops random amount of random golden furniture pieces
I think it'll be much more realistic this way, and it'll make the Flying Dutchman more interesting overall

Why does a giant moth carry a yo-yo?
That was exactly the same example I thought of too! :)

Anyway. While the Flying Dutchman dropping furniture makes more sense, it'd make the furniture much harder to obtain. They only appear after 50% completion and given the ease of which you can rip through Pirates, you'll probably only see one or two per invasion.

It has no sense for pirates to drop golden furniture pieces. Why do they even carry around such things? But, there is probably a captain's cabin on the Flying Dutchman...
OK.... Now if you can tell us why Duke carries all those weapons, and how some monsters can drop biome keys just because they're in it(with no regard to their original biome), and why an abomination of the jungle keeps dropping temple key one after another, we might be in the ballpark.

Or hell, why do monsters even have coins anyway? Where do they keep their coin pouches? I certainly don't see a pile of bones with money on them often.

realistic
It would be nice if all the other drops at least follow the consistency of "reality", but they don't. Changing just this one means nothing when the entire game is as unrealistic as you get.

OK.... Now if you can tell us why Duke carries all those weapons, and how some monsters can drop biome keys just because they're in it(with no regard to their original biome), and why an abomination of the jungle keeps dropping temple key one after another, we might be in the ballpark.

Or hell, why do monsters even have coins anyway? Where do they keep their coin pouches? I certainly don't see a pile of bones with money on them often.

It would be nice if all the other drops at least follow the consistency of "reality", but they don't. Changing just this one means nothing when the entire game is as unrealistic as you get.
Life is filled with surprises, And why the heck didn't you ask why zombies exist, and why un"realistic" game exist?

Why does a giant moth carry a yo-yo?

Because It CAN! Mothron is a huge monster, and it's obviously preying on the Demon Eyes. Apparently, some of the swallowed Demon Eyes are not digested, but fossilized instead. Just like the bezoars of the Hornets do. By the way, Mothrons and Hornets both are insects... Demon Eyes fossilization into the yoyos confirmed!!!

Anyway. While the Flying Dutchman dropping furniture makes more sense, it'd make the furniture much harder to obtain. They only appear after 50% completion and given the ease of which you can rip through Pirates, you'll probably only see one or two per invasion.

The amount of the furniture pieces per ship can be quite large. From 5 to 10, for example. This is a fully rigged ship, after all.

Back
Top Bottom