Should I continue this story?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Drak

Cultist
A long time ago I wrote on this forum and it was pretty good so I started messing around again. This is the result.
Also it was copy and pasted from a different document so there is a randomly high amount of spaces between lines
Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------

Legends tell of a young man, able to defeat anyone who apposed him. He fought in wars, arena’s, competitions, everything. And he had never lost a one on one fight. Not once.
These legends are true.
His name:

Tharg Warnings

The Grand Duelist

I sat on my desk chair. It had been four years since I had fought a single battle. Mostly because dueling competitions were now illegal. Pff. Apparently they were too dangerous.
Well, they were not in the least bit dangerous - if you were good enough.
But now?

I had no job.
No family.
No life.
I was bankrupt.

The only money I ever achieved was through competitions.
And, as I said, there hasn’t been one of those for years.
Was it worth fighting anymore?

Fighting to survive.

I had nothing.
I turned to the rest of my one room apartment.
Even this poor excuse of a home wouldn’t be affordable soon.
I turned back.
I would need a miracle to live.

…Did I want to?

Before I cold think further, I heard a knock on my door.
There is a first for everything I guess.
I went to go open it, but they let themselves in.

“Hello’ the person said as they came in, there face scrunched up at the sight of Thargs room. He wore some sort of military uniform, had black hair that was split to one side, and was surprisingly short.

“Am I correct to say that you are one Tharg Warnings?”
His voice was a bit too deep for comfort.

Tharg was wearing a dirty white t-shirt and jeans. Great first impression, he thought.
Tharg looked at him skeptically. “Yes. Who are you?”
“I am Darrell Harbringer”
“I am here to give you an opportunity”
Tharg raised an eyebrow.

“The news has probably not gotten around yet, but the west and east side of Stavisham have started a war. We are not fully prepared to fight this war, on the south side, so we are here to ask for your help.”

“I have no experience in war, only in dueling.” Tharg said, truthfully.

“Although that may be true, we have no real commanders here on the south side. We could try train some up, but we could be attacked any day now. Plus, we could train you.”

“Of course, that is unless you have anything better to do here in this apartment.”

Tharg glared at him.

“I wouldn’t talk like that when asking other people for help”

Tharg then sighed
“But fine. What do I do?”

“First, you should put some clean clothes on. Then come with me.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright, so let me explain” Darrell started

“Recently a war started out as there was a, disagreement, on the resources being shared between the sides, which caused the north side to attack and declare war.”
“This wasn’t unexpected as there has been a lot of attacks and ‘drama’ atop the north side as of late.”
“So to deal with this issue, we would like your help.”

Tharg Hesitated
“If you hire me, what will I be doing?”
Darrell looked down and sighed
“Well, you will be leading an army”

“What!?” Tharg Replied

“Will I get training?”

Darrell looked up slightly “Sadly, there is no time for that”
“But you will have a second hand to help you”
“Why don’t THEY lead the army?” Tharg asked

Darrell looked even further down
“Well”
“That is a long story”

Tharg rolled his eyes
“Sure”
“Do I get anything for this job?”

“Honestly, probably not much. Money, maybe.”
Tharg sighed
“This whole thing is stupid.”
“But fine.”

Darrell smiled

“Good, then let me you started”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the North Side

It was dark.
The only noise was the rain.
That, and the noise of one man’s footsteps.

One man who may have the power to win this war.

His name?

Drakelonian

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good luck” Darrell said, quickly leaving.

Tharg was dropped off at one of the military offensive bases. Inside, he thought, would be not only his second in command but also an army he would be leading.

“How am I going to do this” He wondered, looking up at the large chain link fence, and passed that, a very large, green, building.

He walked through the fence gate, and into the building.

Noise drowned out any possible thoughts Tharg had once the door opened. In front of him was one very large room, full of people training, gearing up, and preparing for war.

He looked to where his second hand should be, in the middle to the left, Darrell said. And there he was, inside an open office talking to someone.

He was familiar. The messy brown hair. Those clue crystal eyes. That muscular torso.

Tharg Smiled.

“Inexperienced fighter my :red:

His second, Drake looked up and smiled, maybe even wider than Tharg did.

Tharg walked passed the people walking without a moments hesitation, and shook Drake’s hand.

“It’s good to see you again, Drake”

“Its good to see you!” Drake exclaimed.

“I knew they would pick a worthy general”

“Well, I’m not worthy enough”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright, so here is our job”

Tharg and Drake were standing in the opposite end of the offense base – the front, specifically the roof. There were a few turrets, both in tall towers on either side. They were almost like castle spires, but metallic. The roof itself was a dull metallic grey. They themselves were standing in a tower, taller than the other two, as it was a scout tower. It was thinner than the other two, and had a large telescope attached to the top.

“There are four area’s we need to take over, and we only have four or so month’s to do it”

“These area’s consist of two small towns, the opposing offense base, and their center of operation’s, at least the one they have on this side.”

“Wait, we are supposed to do this with only one offense base’s worth of troops?” Tharg asked

“Wait, you weren’t told?” Drake Replied

“You’re now in charge of not only TWO of the offense bases, but also a small portion of this sides base of operations. You have a LOT of authority now, I’m jealous!”

Tharg smiled slightly.

“Well that stops one problem, but I have zero understanding on how to command armies, or anything of the like.”

“Well, I do. For the most part I can take control, but you will have to be one making the choices and shouting the orders, as much as I can try to influence you.”

“Alright” Tharg Replied.

“Well, which base do we attack first?”

“You’re in charge now, it is your choice. We have a plan room, follow me”

------------------------------------------------------------

The rain stopped.

The footsteps slowed to a halt.

He was standing in front of the fortress.

“This is all they give me?”

“How pathetic.”

He walked through the barriers, and into the fortress.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tharg and Drake walked through the blue hallways before finally reaching the planning room. The room held a large table, with a digital map of the enemy outpost from a birds-eye view. Around the table were a few smaller tables and benches, holding mostly stationary. A certain pencil, however, caught Tharg’s eye, as Drake took it from the bench and started using it to zoom out the picture on the table.

“This is a map of the enemy area, specifically the places we have to take over.” Drake explained.

Tharg wandered towards the map, leaning against the wall besides it. As Drake zoomed it out, the allied bases came into view. They were in some sort of triangle shape, the two offense bases being in the front, and between and behind both of them was the base of operations. The towns were in various places behind the base, guarded by scout towers, which were spread out, at all angles.

The enemy side however, was laid out in a slightly diagonal line, with two towns, an offense base, and then the base of operations. Surprisingly, the closest thing to our side was the towns, suspecting that they might have at least SOME defense mechanisms.

“Do they only have on offense base?” Tharg asked.

“Thought you might say that” Drake pointed at the fortress, and I saw it. The second offense base was attached in between the two towns, defending them both.

“You can’t actually see the offense in between, we just edited it in for future reference. It’s small and well hidden though, so it probably isn’t anywhere near as useful as the other bases.”

“Anyways, most people would go for the towns as they’re a weak point, even with that offense base, and we can take THREE birds with one stone that way. Do you have any other plan?”

Tharg Started to think.

If he attacked the middle offense base, in between the town/offense base and the base of operations, they would get sandwiched and die. If they attacked the towns though, it would be hard to destroy three things at one go, and they could get back up from they’re other offense base. How could we possibly avoid all of that?

------------------------------------------------------------

‘Drakelonian, I have a special mission for you’

‘Really? Are you sure I shouldn’t be with the main army?” Drakelonian’s voice was deep, and possible one of the only things that could scare the commander.

“You will be, just – The enemy commander is Tharg Warnings. I remember him from a long time ago. He’s good. So I need you to kill him specifically for me. Can you do that?”

“Yes commander. But there is something I must do first.”

“What would that b-“

The life of the commander slowly drained as the knife dug between his ribs.

“Becoming commander.”

--------------------------------------------------------

“I’m surprised you thought of something like that so quickly,” Drake said

“I mean, I wouldn’t have thought of attacking the fortress thought. It seems ridiculous!”

Tharg Smiled

“I’ve done enough battle to understand that confidence is a key factor”

Tharg’s plan was to attack the fortress first, while they still have 100% of their troops. This would mean the other base’s confidence would go down, if this were successful. As well as this, the fortress has most of the supplies and back up, so when they attack other places the enemies won’t receive back up from the fortress.

“Well, we have a plan. All we need to do now is put it into action” Drake said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Walls are up, commander”, although it was no longer the commander, as it was Drakelonian.

“Good. It is obvious that they will attack the town’s first, as they are the easiest target.”

“Of course, sir”

“Now I need you to do something for me.”

“What is that?”

“Send Wraith to the fortress”

“Okay, but can I ask why?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

10000 DOLLAR GUN BLASTER ONE SHOT

“Well”

“That’s a title”

They were in the meeting room, although there weren’t really enough generals to actually have a meeting. There were chairs everywhere and a table in the middle, and a table on the wall. In its current state, it seemed more like a lounge if anything.

“Is that the normal with adverts now?” Tharg replied

“Yup” Drake continued.

“Doesn’t help that these are the weapons we have to give our soldiers.”

“Sadly” Drake was lying back, drinking a coffee before they were going to dispatch the troops.

“Are you sure that you didn’t mix them up?” Drake rolled his eyes in response.

“It’s about time we pack up. “

“Are you sure? We have 4 month’s to invade you know”

“It takes a while to get there, and when we get back we have to recover our losses, which there will be, and we have to make a new plan for the next mission.”

“Plus, we will have to bring supplies. A LOT of supplies. Truckloads, at least.”

Drake stood up, and motioned for Tharg to follow

“I can tell the troops if you like. Just when we are in battle, as I said before, YOU have to shout out the orders.”

“Thanks”

“No problem”

“Now, we have an army to lead”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What is it, Wraith?” Drakelonian asked over a device

Wraith was standing dramatically atop a spire, the highest one of the fortress. He looked into the far distance, and saw movement. They were coming.

He looked downwards, and as before, saw movement. They knew.

“They are on their way here. Looks like the new general is smarter than we had anticipated” Wraith smiled.

Wraith tossed the device, and climbed down. He could wait.

Chapter Two

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom