Weapons & Equip The Hammer Of Dawn

Mana or Cooldown?

• Use Mana

• Have a cooldown.

• Go suck an egg.

Results are only viewable after voting.

neophyte

Eye of Cthulhu
I feel it would be cool and useful to have a weapon combo of sorts. I propose to you The Hammer of Dawn! It would send out a controllable beam that ends where your cursor is, and bounces off walls in a way I will explain later. It would be like a rainbow rod+Shadowbeam Staff. It would either consume large amounts of mana or have a set period of time with the beam on, with a cooldown.

Stats
Sprite:
The Hammer of Dawn.png
Golden Beam
DMG:80
Use time: It lasts for 3 seconds, and it has a 3 sec cooldown OR 200 Mana (ik its a lot) which lasts for 3 secs
Knockback:3
Rarity:
Rarity_color_7.png

Sell: 7 gold.
Dropped: Golem, same chance as other items, Possibly getting rid of Staff of earth

As you can see, basic stats are similar to Heat Ray.

Now, the bouncing works like this.
The beam would path a way to your cursor with a number of bounces corresponding to how far away your cursor is from the player.

8 bounces=10 blocks or closer to the player
4 bounces =20 blocks or less
2 bounces= any more than 20 blocks

So, feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
1- why? 2- you need atleast a beta name in my opinion 3- why does the beam HAVE to be golden
It's already similar in lots of ways to the Heat Ray, which drops this, and I actually would prefer the sprite to be golem-themed.

Why? Did we need an abundance of slimes? Did we need alternate ores? No. Those were added for variety. So is this. It would be useful for quick crowd-control and getting around corners.

Nah what I said is better.
I don't think the majority of references (I googled Hammer of Dawn) that are put in the game are Direct name references (e.g. Plumber's hat, Hero's clothes). I know it doesn't sound as cool but Copyright.

I don't think the majority of references (I googled Hammer of Dawn) that are put in the game are Direct name references (e.g. Plumber's hat, Hero's clothes). I know it doesn't sound as cool but Copyright.

Hammer of Dawn is an actual hammer sworn to possess Gods Wrath. Can't copyright that.

I'm just saying that if a company can be sued over 1 word than a company can be sued over a name like that, even if it isn't intended.

I'm just saying that if a company can be sued over 1 word than a company can be sued over a name like that, even if it isn't intended.

You know that lawsuit got dropped, right?

Anyway, I don't see much need for this weapon. It's like a heatray with way too high a mana cost. And keep your grubby hands away from the boulder staff.

Anyway, I don't see much need for this weapon. It's like a heatray with way too high a mana cost. And keep your grubby hands away from the boulder staff.
Awww, my hands aren't that grubby. Xd.

Really? Well my argument is invalid.

Back
Top Bottom