Items The itemgenerators, more item dropping statues

Ominick

Terrarian
Please read before raging on why this shouldn't be.

This is a simple suggestion, for late-game items that produce stuff for free, a bit like the bomb statue.

Things I had in mind where stuff as common or semi-common terrain blocks and other items that do not sell for any money

If you want money from it I alternatively suggest a 1 coppercoin-generator, 1 coppercoin per trigger, with a 1 second timer 11.6 days for a platinum coin, perfectly non-OP for end game.
6 1-second timers, max for statues, would be 1.9 days for a platinum coin. If we imagine the fastest possible engine, terraria being 30 fps, and requiring 1 frame to be on and another to be off, giving us 15 triggers per second, and 6 of those engines, we get the time of a single platinum coin to be ~3 hours. 6 terraria days. An average endgamer makes circa 1 platinum per day, giving a boost of a maximum of rouhgly 15%. A nice boost right?

Of course another thing would be all of the metals and other materials that are avliable but still somehow rare, because you don't want to go grinding or build a farm, (COUGH COUGH truffle worm COUGH ectoplasm COUGH).
Of courssse not until a point when the player has definetly gathered enough of thosse, an ectoplasm generator (ectoplasm statue?) could for example be a 5-10% drop from Ice Queen/Pumpking. I do not think a hallowed bar generator would be all that necessary, although certain ores, especially pre-hardmode, should be generatable, for example gold/platinum, for the King Slime. I dare say the Ninja Outfit might be the relatively most expensive set of items in the game, with 90 gold/platinum bars you still only have circa 50% chance to get the whole outfit.

Another problem is then of course how players would get money by using the engine mentioned above and generating 90 gold bars per second, and selling that. My solution would be that I think most of the generators, (except the single copper coin generator) should have a bar similar to the health bar, that needs, say, 100 triggers for a single item, and then the bar would empty and start refilling again. This would, with the best engine possible, only generate 9 items every 10 seconds 6 one second timers giving a time of one item per 17 seconds. This seems reasonable to me, and if possible items from generators could also yield no money when sold, but I do not know how that would cope with the existing code.

Thhat's it, make sure to tell me i something is wrong, and show if you like it!

Umm... what? The thread title refers to item dropping statues, then it changes something to do with gold bars and Ninja gear?

The only statue I see is the Ectoplasm Statue, which can be more or less achieved by putting a Mimic Statue in the Dungeon and killing the spawned Mimics.

Can you please edit to clarify exactly what you mean, as in, what statues should be added and what they should drop?

Back
Top Bottom