• Pie is even tastier then cheese

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

moon_lord552

Skeletron Prime
First thread!
I have been working on this story for a long time, but I will post it
one chapter at a time to make up for my extremely slow writing pace. ~:happy:
I wrote it, and looked back on it a while later and didn't really like how the plot was unfolding. So I started redoing it. Originally, the dryad was evil. Very odd. So I have loads of material, I just need to change it up a bit. But even with that material, the plot hasn't fully unfolded. Enough to with the talk, though.
So enjoy my Legend! Most comments are appreciated, so go ahead and leave some feedback.
Ok, prepare yourselves. The scene is dark and fiery. A greater evil prevails...

The Legend of Bazdin

Prolouge

Fire. Lava. Ash. Flesh. Teeth. Doom.
"It is here!"
"It's too strong!"
"Run! Go far!"
"It's too late!"
"There's no hope!"

Chapter 1
A land called terraria

Bazdin awoke with a start. He was in the middle of a very green and tranquil place, with bunnies hopping and birds chirping. It was absolutely nothing like his fading memories of a dark, evil, firey place. He was dressed in black robes, obviously not meant for this place. His flaming red hair made his head appear to be on fire. His eyes had an eerie red tint. But other than that, he looked pretty normal. He looked around. Bazdin had no idea where he was, and didn't remember anything of his past. Just his name, and the fiery darkness. Soon, he noticed a man sitting on a nearby hill, looking up at the bright blue sky. Bazdin walked up to him.
"Hello?"
"Ah, you have awoken," The person said.
"Where am I?"
"In a place called Terraria. I assume you are not from around here."
Bazdin looked around again.
"Nope."
The person chuckled.
"I suppose you are wondering who I am," The person stated. "I am Kevin. however, just about everyone around here calls me 'The Guide.'"
He had orange, untidy hair, and was wearing some kind of scarf. He was dressed neatly in a t-shirt and cloth pants.
"I see," Bazdin said. "Pleasure. I am... Bazdin. Yeah, Bazdin."
"Interesting. Anyway, this place is much more dangerous than it looks,"
Kevin said, gesturing to land around them.
"I highly suggest you aqquire tools."
"Where?" Bazdin looked around.
Kevin laughed again and tossed Bazdin a knapsack. Inside was a tiny copper sword, a minisucle copper axe, and a copper pickaxe that a doll could hold.
"What kind of joke is this?"
Bazdin said,
As he was picking up the sword to prove his point, the sword suddenly grew to the size of a good shortsword. "Woah!"
The Guide explained that Terraria has a fair amount of magical things in it, between chuckles.
"...you know, I'm suprised you didn't know all this."
"What? Why? Huh?"
"Look behind you!"
"Excuse me?"
Suddenly, Bazdin felt like someone splashed a gallon of Jell-O on his back. Whirling around, he saw that it was a small and green creature. A slime. It quivered slightly, looking a lot like-well-Jell-O. He sliced at it, but it dodged. Bazdin's sword flew at the slime. The slime jumped right. Bazdin slashed right. The slime jumped left. Bazdin slashed left. He finally got a couple hits off, then, suddenly, the green slime exploded Into more mini items. These items were small balls of blue goo. The goo didn't grow in size when he held it. He put them in his knapsack. Then he heard the guide laughing. "HEY! What's so funny!" "Sorry. But that slime that you put up quite a fight with is one of the weakest monsters you'll encounter."
"Really? Crud."
"But whatever! Start chopping some trees!"
Bazdin began hitting a tree repeatedly with his axe. Nothing happened. He got frustrated and gave the tree a vicious barrage of blows with his axe. Still, the tree didn't even suffer a dent. Bazdin was so angry he hit the tree with all his might for a last attempt at falling the giant plant. The tree exploded into wood, falling all around Bazdin, who quickly began chopping another tree, determined.

A few minutes later, Bazdin had a knapsack stuffed with wood.
"Now what?"
He asked.
"You need a shelter, of course,"
The Guide said. Then his voice turned darker.
"There are dangerous things that hunt in the night..."
Slightly spooked, Bazdin began placing his wood to create a house. Soon he had a small shelter, not fancy, but enough. Bazdin turned to face Kevin, who showed him how to make a workbench. Using his new knowledge, Bazdin created a nice door for his home. Then he chopped down more trees, and then his house had a chest and a few gel torches. Then, starting to get into it, Bazdin built a table, chairs, shelves, and... By that time, it was night.

Chapter 2
Midnight

Soon Kevin came in, then put up a banner of himself on the wall. "Where'd you get that thing? And why are you putting it on my wall?" Bazdin asked. "I'm claiming this house before the others do," Kevin said.
"Others? What others?"
"If you got enough money, maybe a merchant will come. Say, 50 silver coins."
"Are you insane? Where will I get that kind of cash?!"
"Well, you can start by-Close the door, please.
"Excuse me?"
"Just close the door."
"You're the one that opened it, why shouldn't you close it?"
"HURRY! CLOSE THE DOOR!!!"
"NO! I BUILT THIS HOUSE! YOU CAN CLOSE IT!"
The two continued fighting, until Bazdin finally walked over to shut the open door. Bazdin quickly closed it, but just as he turned his back he heard knocking. He, not having a window to know who it was, opened the door, more out of curiosity than anything else. (A very, very foolish mistake.) Suddenly, a green-skinned monster, missing a few of its limbs, and slightly resembling Kevin limped in and began to attack Bazdin, who resolved to add windows as soon as possible. Bazdin hurriedly whacked the zombie until it retreated outside, then he shut the door as quickly as he could, but he caught a quick glimpse of more zombies outside, along with evil-looking floating eyeballs. He looked at the guide.
"KEVIN!"
"Hm?"
The guide looked up from his book titled 'Forums.'
"DID YOU SEE THAT?!"
"Yeah, so?"
"Zombies are going to kill us! Brutally!"
The guide looked back at his book.
"Kid, if you're going to live here, you're going to have to not be scared of some zombie. Sheesh!"
"Okay! Fine!"
"Plus, they can't get in as long as the door's closed."
Bazdin relaxed a bit, but was wary the rest of the long night.

Chapter 3
That's just wrong

Bazdin was walking away from his house, looking for a desert. Sand makes glass, and it should be easy to heat it up enough to make some windows. And what better place to find sand then the desert? Bazdin soon came across a cave. He decided to go inside, because Kevin had told him about valuable ores in caves. So he took out his copper pick, and dove in. He found some dull gray ore, actually, quite a bit of it. He was about to venture deeper when he heard a sound. Shif shif shif shif. The sound became faster. Shifshifshifshif... Then a huge worm leaped out of the ground, hit Bazdin square in the face, leaving a large scar, then tunneled back down, to prepare to come up again. Bazdin ran out as fast as he could, and continued his journey to the desert. As he went, the sky began to get dimmer. He looked at the sun, and it was high in the darkening sky. The grass's color changed the further he went, into a sick purple. Bazdin began to feel a little scared. He heard a rustle. Whirling around, he discovered some kind of brown, multi-eyed beast sickly floating near him. It turned to face him, and gazed at him with a few of its eyes. Bazdin then did something he had never done before.
He screamed.
The horrible eater looked at him with all its eyes.
Bazdin, who was now absolutely terrified by the multiple eyes staring back at him, tore back home. SCREEEECCCCHHHH!!! a horrible sound rang through the air. Bazdin felt something horrible was about to happen.

Chapter 4
Ten days later

Bazdin sat on a couch in iron armor and goggles. He had improved his shelter by a lot, along with his gear.
He had gotten 50 silver coins by then,
And the merchant was there, claiming the second floor. So was a nurse, claiming the third. Bazdin looked out of his fifth floor window. (Turns out the desert was actually the other way. He was so happy to find it) The sun was setting. He gazed at the giant fireball going down and remembered his quick dream before he awoke.

Fire. Lava. Ash. Flesh. Teeth. Doom.
"It is here!"
"It's too strong!"
"Run! Go far!"
"It's too late!"
"There's no hope!"
"Yes there is!"
"Run!"

By then, it was night. Suddenly Bazdin felt a horrible feeling. He felt like he was being watched. He felt like...

You feel an evil presence watching you...
Bazdin whirled around. No one was there. Evidently creeped out by the disembodied whisper, he went outside, hoping to shake the feeling. A quick glance around showed the other people were feeling the same. Suddenly, a colossal eye flew out of the shadows. It was hideous. Bazdin whipped out his silver bow and shot a jester arrow at it. the eye let out a horrible screech and demon eyes began to appear around it. The eyes charged at a ready Bazdin, who took down all of them with a quick spear jab. The eye slowly began to circle around him, firing more eyes. Bazdin expertly dodged them, then jabbed his spear directly into the giant eye. The eye let out another screech. Suddenly the guide burst outside, followed with the nurse and merchant. The guide yelled.
"Its-its the eye..."
The merchant, terrified, said:
"...the eye of Chithulu!"
The nurse backed inside as the guide got out 2 copper shortswords, one in each hand, and came at the eye. The merchant got some shurukins and began tossing them at the beast. While Bazdin kept up the arrows.
Suddenly, it roared so loudly that the guide and merchant flew back and were knocked out. Bazdin stood his ground. The eye's pupil suddenly fell out, revealing a large mouth full of teeth and drool. The eye charged at a Bazdin, who leaped out of the way. He continued with arrows until his quiver was empty, he patted himself down for more, but there were none. The Eye flew at him, but seconds before doom, Bazdin stuck out his spear. The Eye impaled itself. It howled. It screamed. It yelped. Then it exploded.
Bazdin looked at the gore, then noticed a few lumps. Demonite. Then he noticed a tooth had been left behind. Nice, a trophy. Bazdin took it, and the demonite, and went home.

Chapter 5
The dryad

As Bazdin entered the house, stocked with demonite, he noticed that The nurse was bending over the guide, looking worried. Bazdin came over.
"What's wrong?"
"It's the guide," The Nurse, Holly, said. "He.. He might die unless we do something." Bazdin began to get worried.
"Can't you just heal him like everyone else?"
"No, because this is... I don't know. He is infected with something evil.,,"
Suddenly, the door opened. Bazdin whirled around held out his iron broadsword at the new persons throat. The light from the torches revealed who it was. A dryad, by the looks of her. Bazdin reluctantly put away his sword. He didn't like her one bit, but he had to save Kevin somehow. Perhaps she could help. He had grown to like him. The dryad walked over to the guide. The nurse didn't appear to like her, either. The dryad walked over to the guide, put some powder into a bottle filled with water, and gave it to the guide.
"HEY! What do you think you're doing?!" the nurse exclaimed. It was too late. The guide had already drunk the solution. "There. Good as new," she said. The guide suddenly awoke. "ARRRRGH!" He yelled, scaring everybody but the dryad. She didn't even blink. "That tastes terrible!"
"You're okay?!" The nurse said, shocked.
"You're not not alive?" Bazdin said. "Awesome!"
Then the dryad exited the house and went to go live in the greenhouse Bazdin had built earlier instead of the nice luxurious floor she could have had in the big house.
"Well!" Bazdin said. "That lady is weird."
"I agree," said Kevin, "But perhaps she sells something interesting."
"Let's rest for the night first," said Bazdin. He couldn't be tired, but he needed a rest anyway, inexplicably.

The next day, Bazdin went down the dirt road to the dryad's house, err, greenhouse.
"Hello!" She said happily as he walked in. Apparently she was enjoying her new planty home.
Bazdin still thought she was creepy.
"What do you have to sell?" Bazdin asked. She told him. Stuff like dirt, seeds and other useless junk. And then,
"I also sell this powder, purification powder," she said.
Bazdin was intrigued by this.
Something useful? Or just a scam?
"What does it do?" Bazdin asked.
"All sorts of stuff. Your guide was corrupted by that eyes evil power, so I purified him with this. With this, you can purify weak corruption. Strong corruption, well, it needs something much more powerful."
Bazdin bought the powder.
"What is corruption?" He asked.
"The evil in this world. The evil that I fight and will defend against with my life," the dryad replied. "In stronger points of corruption in the world, the grass turns purple, the trees become twisted and evil, and dark chasms open to reveal sickly monsters that eat souls. That corruption you can only purify a bit at a time."
Bazdin remembered the evil place he has been before. He knew must return. But that could wait.

Chapter 6
A shortcut to glowing mushrooms

Bazdin went home with his new knowledge and purification powder to find the guide admiring the demonite. "Do you know what you can make out of this stuff?"
He asked.
"Do I!?"
The guide replied.
"This stuff is powerful! It's some of the best stuff you can get right now!"
"Right now?"
Bazdin asked.
"With your current tools and armor,"
The guide answered.
"So, what can I make?"
"Hm, without shadow scales, you can't make as much...."
The guide flipped through a book titled "wiki."
"You can make a sword called the light's bane, but you can also make the war axe of the night, which is better and functions as an axe."
"Why would anyone even make the Lights bane then?"
"Because,"
The guide's face turned darker.
"Then, you can create the Night's Edge."
"Night's edge?"
Bazdin inquired.
"The most powerful sword you can get before defeating the Wall of Flesh."
"Wall of Flesh?"
The guide sighed.
"A story for another time,"
He said.
"In the meantime, make both!"
Bazdin walked over to his anvil and dropped his demonite bars onto it.
He imagined what he wanted, like he had learned to do and had done to make his other tools and weapons.
The bars snapped into shape and appeared in his knapsack. The process didn't seem quite right to Bazdin, but he kept his mouth shut. It was effective. He had learned to ignore the small strange things about this world and focus on greater tasks. The War Axe of the Night was cold to the touch and had a strange blue glow to it. The Lights Bane was different. It was also cold, but instead of glowing, it seemed to suck the light out of the air around it. It was small, and Bazdin hung it up on his wall. It looked cool, at least. As he looked at it, he saw his reflection. It looked the same as always. But where did he come from? Bazdin looked around. Not here. Not the corruption. Not the desert. He sighed. He would find his home. He would find out everything.
Or would he?
He shook his head. He needed to get his mind off these things.

Bazdin loved caves. He liked the overworld, but caves were just better. Whenever he needed to get his mind off things, going mining was the way to go. Caves were out of the bright sun, and stayed the same temperature most of the time. They were perfect. Meanwhile, he was searching for materials needed to forge new weapons, tools, and, ultimately, the Nights Edge. Bazdin had began by going west from his home. He came across a familiar cave. He quickly went out of the sun and into the darkness.
He ventured deeper. And deeper, finding tons of ores. Gold, silver, copper, tin, everything. Soon he mined right through a floor and into a giant chasm.
"AAAAAHH!"
He screamed. Do people scream much else?
Then, suddenly:
BOINGGG!
He landed on a giant mushroom. It was an otherworldly bluish color, and it glowed softly. They were very bouncy, almost like trampolines. If trampolines were in Terraria, that is.
Bazdin looked around. He was in a huge cavern, carpeted with glowing blue fuzz. It looked otherworldly, to say it simply. Bazdin jumped down from the huge mushroom and landed on the fuzz. Spores blew around his legs. Soon he saw a gold chest, which was partially covered with fuzz. Inside was a pair of Hermes boots, a band of regeneration, a few potions, and a bunch of dynamite.
Bazdin tried on the band. Suddenly, life flew through him. He felt awake and refreshed. He put on the winged boots, purposely not thinking about the fact that they were his exact size. Suddenly he felt faster. Before he tried them out, he took the dynamite. He remembered the guide saying something about explosives. They were dangerous, and... Something else. He couldn't quite...
Suddenly, another strange whisper filled the room. This one sounded happier.
Daulz the demolitionist has arrived!
Bazdin, even from below ground, heard a faint "boom."
The ghostly whisper spoke again, this time eerier.
Daulz was slain...
Bazdin rushed up to the surface, faster than he expected. These boots were good. He noticed the crater on the top floor of his house/penthouse.
He quickly rebuilt it, wondering what happened. He was just going downstairs when the whisper spoke back up.
BOOOOOOM!
This time the boom was deafening.
Daulz the demolitionist was slain...
Bazdin, again, rebuilt the top floor and waited. Nothing happened. He cautiously turned his back and went down the stairs. The whisper immediately spoke up, sounding as if it was in hurry.
BOO-
"NO! STOP!"
Bazdin bolted upstairs. He caught the demolitionist about to throw 999 packs of dynamite on the ground, exploding them. Bazdin snatched the dynamite from the man.
He was smaller, and looked like a dwarf. He wore a battered-looking miner's helmet and had a pack on his back, probably filled with explosives.
He had a red beard, though not as red as Bazdins hair. Similar red hair poked out from under his helmet.
He seemed shocked that Bazdin would want to take his explosives.
"H- hey, HEY, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT!!!"
Daulz yelled.
"I rebuilt your house twice. What else could I give you?"
Bazdin replied calmly.
"GRENADES!"
Daulz said, with a wild expression on his face.
"No."
Bazdin left his house and headed for his cave again, hoping that Daulz wouldn't do anything stupid.
As soon as he entered the cave, he was shocked to see Daulz standing there.
"What's the plan?" Daulz asked.
"Um... Plan?"
Bazdin asked, confused and a bit ticked off at the guy.
"Yeah, a plan, mate. You got one?"
"Um... I'm going to mine. Sound good?"
"Yepperdoo!"
"Mmmkay. So... You go back to your house now,"
Bazdin said, as he walked into the cave.
"What? No!"
Daulz looked offended.
"I'm going down there,"
He said, gesturing to the cave.
He then walked with some flair into the cave and down to the Glowing Mushrooms, with Bazdin behind, tied between mad and curious.
I'm going to build this guy a house underground, he thought.
That way he can blow himself up all he wants, and everyone else will be safe.
Daulz, completely aware that Bazdin was following him, was looking around.
"Can I blow that up?"
He asked.
"No."
Bazdin replied, deadpan.
"Can I blow THAT up?"
"No."
"How about this?"
"No."
"Aw, come on, can I blow THIS doo-dad?"
"No."
"IVE GOTTA BLOW UP SOMETHING!!!"
"Eat some dynamite and blow up your intestines."
BOOOM!!!
Daulz was slain...

Bazdin was bouncing down the mushrooms when suddenly something big hit him. It was Daulz.
"OOF!"
They both said at the same time.
Bazdi pushed him off and got to work building a secure underground house for Daulz. Meanwhile, the latter went exploring, or just searching for things to blow up.
Bazdin just barely put the finishing touches on the underground house and was about to start mining when Daulz popped out of nowhere and ran into the house.
BOOOOM!
Daulz was slain...
Bazdin rebuilt the house and waited for Daulz to move in. Nothing happened. The second he turned his back:
Daulz the-
BOOOOOOOOOM!
This explosion was close. Bazdin saw fire, glowing mushrooms, stars, and darkness. The last thing he heard before he lost consciousness was:
Daulz was slain...

Bazdin woke up to see Daulz leaning over him with 999 grenades in his hand. (Don't ask how it works)
"I was just about to put you out of your misery."
"Please don't."
Bazdin looked at the house. It was still standing.
"You didn't blow up your house?!?"
"Actually, I decided it was safer to..."
"YES! YOU FINALLY LEARNED THAT EVERYTHING IS NOT A C4 TESTING SITE!"
Bazdin stomped outside.
Daulz followed him, then held up a big red button.
*click*
BOOOOOM!!!
Bazdin stood ashen faced in front of the remains of Daulzs house.
"I hate you."
"Great! Let's get mining!"
Bazdin rebuilt the house out of solid iron blocks, then followed. Daulz immediately started so many explosions that smoke was everywhere. All you could see of Daulz, or anything for that matter, was a blurred outline.
KABLOOIE!
POW!
BOOM!
KRAK-BOOMIE POW!
KABLAMMO!
BLAMMO!
BLAM!
KABOOM!
KABLAM!
Daulz was slain...
Daulz the demolitionist has arrived! Daulz ran to where he was when he died.
KABLOOIE!
POW!
BOOM!
KRAK-BOOMIE POW!
KABLAMMO!
BLAMMO!
BLAM!
KABOOM!
KABLAM!
Daulz was slain...
And so on...
Bazdin coughed as the smoke finally cleared, and saw Daulz standing in front of some dark, evil-looking purple stone. He tapped it with his dirty finger and a deep ringing echoed through the chamber.
"What do I do?"
He asked.
"Leave it be. I'm exausted!"
The two were so tired that they slept in the house of Daulz.
Daulz loved his home, mainly because it could withstand his explosions.

Last edited:
I'm sorry it took so long, but here's a another chapter, a shortcut to glowing mushrooms. This one features a new NPC, this one with a bit more personality, and of course, glowing mushrooms. ~:D

Also, some misc. edits. I'm constantly working on my writing skills, which means if you reread this story there might be a few more details or it might be a bit different.

I'll try my best. Another new character is right around the corner, and that should be the last of them. I'm not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom