Story The Legend of Sophia Ralis the Naiad Queen

Cubic.

The Destroyer
Note: This was made to theme around the canon Terraria lore that was shown for the 8th anniversary. If anything contradicts it, it's because I can't see the images on the lore page and get most of my lore knowledge from wiki trivia. I've only read the intro, the Corruption and Crimson, the Hallow, and the Dryad, which feels like enough info to revamp my OC's backstory to fit the lore. I feel like I know my whole spirit thing was wrong.

Also Sophie thinks the Crimson is male.

Purity.

Some call it a blessing, some call it a curse, some call it the cure to our problems.

Not me.

Purity is a heritage that my existence ruined.

By raising me, my mother forfeited the pure Dryad heritage that she was supposed to carry on.

How would you feel if you learned that your "pure, good" mother lied about your bloodline, and that you were the daughter of a demon!?

HOW WOULD YOU!?

Before the war, I lived peacefully with my mother and stepfather. Of course, I had no idea he was my stepfather. Nobody did, except for him and my mother. My dark side was hidden away by the lies my family had filled my head with. Just like any other dryad, my hair was green and my powers were of life. No wings, no sickles, no shadow. Just purity and goodness... false purity and goodness. One day I mischievously wandered away and found the Crimson. He wasn't scary at all. I actually found him quite beautiful. The land he had infected was tainted with my favorite color and the beasts he created were like the guardians I always imagined would live under my bed. That's when I realized...

"Wait... That's not right... The Crimson is a monster, and I'm admiring it!" I exclaimed, fear and betrayal in my voice.

Just by being fond of such a vicious thing, I had betrayed my purity. I had betrayed my heritage. Before I could think, a terrible pain hit my back. I turned around, expecting to see a horrible wound. Instead, I watched as a pair of red-and-brown wings shot out from my back. No, it was a quad. Their design was one I had never seen before, not an angel's wings, not a bird's wings, not a butterfly's wings. I now know that they resemble Duke Fishron's wings, but back then I didn't even know that such a creature existed. I wanted to run back and tell everyone, but a deep voice in my head told me they were already coming. The Crimson had spoken to me- and he was correct. The first to arrive were my mother and stepfather. When they saw my wings, they knew. My true heritage had awoken. Before I could say anything, rage and resent filled me.

"You're not my father, are you?" I told the man standing next to my mother. "You married her after I was born. I now know because I look nothing like you when I really look at myself."

I undid my braid, leaving my hair in a ponytail as it turned brown and a red streak went through it. More dryads arrived to the scene.

"My mother is a traitor!" I told them all as my eyes turned red. "The law says that all Naiads must be left to die because of their impure blood! I am a Naiad!"

Sure, that was when I was nine years old, but I was very well educated about the difference between good and evil as Dryads saw it. Once I had spoken those words, my fate was sealed. I walked away into the Crimson as my "parents" were bound up and taken away. I didn't care about them anymore. They were just as impure as I am in my eyes. I never met my real father, but the Crimson and his monsters are my family now.

After all, I am just as much a monster as they are.

Back
Top Bottom