Items ~ The Mana Gem: Further Increase your Mana! ~

Khaelis

Plantera
While I hardly ever play with Magic weapons or use Mage characters, I strongly believe Mage characters do not have enough Mana later in the game, even with armour and items increasing their Mana over the maximum of 200, therefore this suggestion has been formed!

gjwtFBW.png
Mana Gem

Crafted at a Crystal Ball with the following items:

2x Mana Crystal
1x Life Fruit
5x Souls of Light
5x Souls of Night

Crafts 1x Mana Gem

Tooltip:
Increases Mana by 10.

Information about the Mana Gem:

• Why use these items in the crafting recipe?
I chose these items to give them more uses late in the game.

- Mana Crystals become useless after the player has obtained 200 Mana, so using them in the crafting recipe makes sense and gives them use again.
- Life Fruits are rendered useless after the player obtains 500 health and having to need them to craft Mana Gems gives them another use. It also gives the Mana Gems their lime green tint!
- Souls of Light and Souls of Night may not be necessary, but it makes the player have to go and obtain a few items that are a little out of the way, but still don't take too long to acquire (plus I couldn't really think of anything).

• What does the Mana Gem do?
Pretty simple! It increases the player's maximum Mana by 10, up to 300.

• How does the Mana Gem work?
The Mana Gem is a consumable item working exactly like a Life Crystal, Mana Crystal and Life Fruit. If the player is at 200 Mana (10 Mana Crystals must be used) and uses a Mana Gem, it will increase the player's Mana by 10 and will change the blue Mana star into a lime green star (
gjwtFBW.png
).

Here's a quick example:

hnrfnBs.png

Looks pretty, am I right?

• What will happen if Mana is increased over 300?
This is also simple! Items that increase the player's Mana over 300 will cause the lime green Mana stars to turn into bright red Mana stars. The player's Mana still caps at 400.

Yet another quick example:

4a9wKZC.png

Even more pretty, am I right?

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please leave a comment if you see any mistake. :)

Yeah but there's a fine line between "Strong" and "Over powered"

With the Nebula gear, the player will have 360 Mana if no other accessory that increases Mana is used. It isn't that bad. The large sum of Mana isn't to cater to the 'overpowered' weapons, but to cater to other weapons that use a larger amount of Mana.

With the Nebula gear, the player will have 360 Mana if no other accessory that increases Mana is used. It isn't that bad. The large sum of Mana isn't to cater to the 'overpowered' weapons, but to cater to other weapons that use a larger amount of Mana.
Fair point. But I think mana gems should be found in hell or something, that way so you have to do a bit of exploration to find them.

Fair point. But I think mana gems should be found in hell or something, that way so you have to do a bit of exploration to find them.

Souls of Light and Souls of Light make the player travel to both the Underground Corruption/Crimson and Underground Hallow and the player must also travel to the Jungle and search for Life Fruit. There is plenty of exploration. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

:)

A nice idea, but instead of green or red, it ought to be a color that complements how the Life Meter turns golden from red. Thus, the Mana Meter ought to turn into silver or a shining platinum. I think that would look and fit better.

A nice idea, but instead of green or red, it ought to be a color that complements how the Life Meter turns golden from red. Thus, the Mana Meter ought to turn into silver or a shining platinum. I think that would look and fit better.

I already sprited them, so bleh. Thanks though. XD

Great idea, buuut one question: If the mana crystals turn red after you reach 300 mana, shouldn't there be a red crystal to compliment that? :p

Here's an idea: "Mana Gems" could be renamed to "Enchanted Mana Crystals"

Since this thread is over 3 years old, I'm not sure anyone here will tell you what you need to know. However, a google search reveals a mod called Luiafk provides infinite mana.
ik about mods that provide inf mana, but im looking for a non cheat balanced mod that atleast deletes the cap

ik about mods that provide inf mana, but im looking for a non cheat balanced mod that atleast deletes the cap
You could always change the mana reduction of an item. I'm no expert on modding but I'm sure you could change the number for the natures gift. You might be able to enhance a band of starpower, but I'm still not a modder.

Souls of Light and Souls of Light make the player travel to both the Underground Corruption/Crimson and Underground Hallow and the player must also travel to the Jungle and search for Life Fruit. There is plenty of exploration. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

You could always change the mana reduction of an item. I'm no expert on modding but I'm sure you could change the number for the natures gift. You might be able to enhance a band of starpower, but I'm still not a modder.

I have always wondered why they haven't changed the cap on mana when they changed cap for hearts when implementing life fruits. Every mage player could benefit from this and get the full potential of a "Super Mana Potion" being 300 points of magic restored, instead of "X" amount of mana being wasted based on mana enhancers used or not.
Just traveling the restless jungle should be enough for life fruit if it isn't, use "crystal shards" it makes sense by staying with the theme of the item
I think a white / silver / platinum would be gorgeous and well placed with the yellow/ golden hearts, I agree!
I think it should provide slightly more for mages by having a secret weak passive regen, even when attacking w/ magic, once you reach 300 mana this way, so mage class can be closer to on par with ranger without the "mana potion sickness" debuff to attack nonstop, this would only help items like bat scepter and razorpine to attack infinitely when in conjunction to nebula armor, due to low mana costs and both things increasing mana regen in combat, (would not be broke due to low base damages & needed requirements to perform this) unlike: star in bottle & mana regen potion, which only regen out of battle.

I like this! It's annoying too how when playing with mods, I can't got past 4550 max mana even if I have something that gives +500 or whatever because of the games hard lock on it.

If they just removed or increased the cap, that would work too.

Back
Top Bottom