NPCs & Enemies The New Mimic: The Gargoyle

Krypnoda

Terrarian
As of now mimics only, well mimic, chest. What if there was a new kind of mimic. The Gargoyle.
HP: 700
Defense: 50
Damage: 45/10
Speed: Very fast
Knockback resistance: 100%
upload_2015-1-21_11-12-42.png

The gargoyle is a post-plantera enemy that has low health but very high damage, defense, and speed. They can shoot burning water vapor at you from 10 blocks away, this would deal 10 damage each second you are in contact and would have a 5 block radius, good for multiple players. They can climb any brick, including background walls. There would also be a gargoyle statue that would have the tooltip:
Is it a gargoyle or a gargoyle statue? Well anyway it wards of undead so yay! This would refer that no undead will go within 5 blocks of a gargoyle or gargoyle statue. Gargoyles also can appear as any statue, but when they attack you they change into their normal selves. They look a lot like a lizhard, but more dragon like with vestigial wings, but as they can jump farther than unicorns, they may not be so vestigial. They drop:​
Gargoyle Wings 100%

2-5 Ironskin potions 60%

Purger of the Undead 30%

Gargoyle Statue 100%

Any non-functional statue 80%

Any functional statue 40%
upload_2015-1-21_11-42-26.png

• Purger of the Undead
Damage: 56
Critical Strike Chance: 8% (21% with undead)
Shoots blast of white exploding light that destroy the darkness.
Type: Spear
  • Gargoyle Wings
Wing Power: 30%
Allows the player to jump 50 blocks long and 20 blocks tall. Stacks abilities with any movement or jumping/flying accessories/potions.
  • Gargoyle Statue
Repels all undead in a 5 block radius
Wired: Can make blocks wired to from Gargoyle statue undead repellant.
Example: If you make an active stone wall around your house, wiring it to a gargoyle statue will make it undead repellant, making wraiths and other undead unable to come through those blocks. Refers to gargoyle statues being used to ward of evil spirits.

Last edited:
Well, they have wings.
Make them jump farther than the unicorn.
Also do these guys have there unique set of items; if so what items?

Nice idea, would be very frustrating, though. Who cares? Besides, challenges are always fun and my Shroomite gear and incredible arsenal of weapons could destroy that foul beast.

Thanks, this is the most support i have gotten from any thread. Oh, i forgot to explain the gargoyle wings.
Ooh nice. I assume they'll look similar to Demon Wings? One problem is the format at the moment, I suggest you space things out and all that, play around with bold and the sort. I hope some sprites will be added for this.

The arch-wyvern in console and mobile has 8,000 HP in comarison and the normal mimic has 500.
Arch wyvern are arch wyverns. If you want it to have "low health" than make it low :indifferent:
700 is pretty high for something labeled "low health"

Back
Top Bottom