Biomes & Nature The Ocean. [Awesome Update Idea]

TheFireroll

Official Terrarian
The Ocean does feel like an ocean.

It's so small and there's nothing to really explore just a bunch of chests.
What I was thinking in order of improving it was :

[1] Expand the ocean.
[2] Replace Water chests with a broken Pirate Ship In which you'll find awesome loot as well as a pirate map
[3] Make the ocean deeper ( So you need to have the diving set in order go deep in and find the ship )
[4] The deeper you go the more damage you take and find rare mobs. ( you take damage because in real life you cant go too deep without equipment due to the high pressure. )
[5] After crosing the ocean there will be a little island with a volano that erupts from times to times.
* [6] When raining, There's a chance that the *Kraken* will spawn [ Only at the ocean biome ] Or with a Kraken spawner. ( 0.5% to drop from any mob near the ocean.
[7] World doesn't have invisible walls at the end of the map ( Oceans ). If you go from the left you will end up on the other side of the map. So yeah there will be 1 but massive ocean.
[8] New diving gear (Will drop from mobs or will be found in chests near the ocean.)
*[9] Pirate Ship!. ( Requires a lot of materials to craft ) ( Mostly used to kill Kraken )
*[10] Prismstone Ore ( spawns in the ocean, suggested by Vikri )

* [6] Kraken : Mythical underwater boss that spawns in the ocean.
*Stats*

[First Stage]
- HP : 50.000 / 50.000
- Speed : Doesn't Move but tentacles do ( fast ) .
- Damage : 95 each tentacle.

*Abilities*

- Rapid Slapage [ Kraken starts to attack rapidly for 5 seconds after it's done his armor gets reduced for an other 5 seconds. ]
- Inkattack [ Blinds players ]
- Whirlpool [ Kraken opens its mouth devouring everything in it's way including ships npcs and players. Anything that gets devoured is instant-dead. ]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
[Second Stage]
When Kraken drops to 40 % HP It fly's up into the sky becoming a flying boss.
*stats*
- HP : 20.000 / 75.000
- Speed : Super fast
- Damage 125 Per tentacle and 150 When hit by the kraken's head.

*Abilities*

- Whirlwind [ Summons a deadly whirlwind damaging and immobalizing all targets hit. ]
- Roar [ The Kraken releases a heavy roar lowering everyone's armor and damage ]
- Call Of The Thunders [ Kraken makes the rain heavier bringing dark clouds which generate powerfull thunders dealing tons of damage and paralyzing all targets hit ]
- Last Resort [ Kraken goes in full rage mode getting a massive magic and physical damage boost as well as attack speed and movement speed. During Last resort Kraken takes 50% more damage than before. ] ( Spell only activated at 10.000 HP )

*Drops*
- Kraken Scale 53-95 ( used to make Kraken armor )
- Kraken's Essence 13-32 ( used to craft *The Kraken* and Kraken Armor )
- Kraken Trophy 11%
- Kraken Mask 10%
- The slapage 15% ( tenticle that has long range and good damage, used like an IRL whip. )
- The Kraken 10% ( summons a little kraken to fight for you )
- Inkabomb 12-32 ( Throws an ink bomb that blinds all targets hit )
- Kraken's Spirit 1-5 ( [Consumable] When used , the buff Kraken's spirit is given.
{Kraken's Spirit} :
(1) Bonus damage against monsters
(2) Bonus Movement speed
(3) Bonus Mana/Health regen
(4) Increased chances of getting rare loot from mobs.
(5) Night Vision
(6) Tentacle's Protection ( When about to be hit by a projectile a giant tentacle appears blocking it. ( 10 s cooldown )

*Tips and stuff*
- Since Kraken can't move in the early stage it's easy to kill it using wings or whatever but! If you go up a spesific amount of blocks then Kraken wont take damage from you anymore, you need to time your attacks brah. . . it aint easy.

- Kraken takes A LOT of damage from the Pirate ships BUT! The kraken focus pirate ships more that the players so be careful when you're in one when fighting the kraken.

- When kraken goes in its second stage. . . Oh lawdy you better hide. . . Oh wait you cant! It's flying around with super speed.

- When Kraken uses whirlpool wings and hooks even rocket boots and clouds in bottles might do the job.

*Other (Kraken) *
- The broken pirate ship is believed to be destroyed by the kraken. . .
- When Kraken's defeated the Pirate will sell new items
- From times to times The Pirate will say " Damn the giant squid, It got aaarr treasure" and " Yeer cant kill the Giant squid! Landlover! "
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
*[9] The Pirate Ship : A ship placed on water that can carry up to 7 players. It has cannons equiped that do bonus damage to sea monsters.
*crafted*
- 120 wood
- 25 iron
- 50 gold
- 1 cannon ( the ship can have up to 8 cannons and can be automaticly activated by wires )
- Ship's wheel ( You get this from the angler's quests )
- 75 silk
- Flag ( can be customized )

*stats*
[Hp] 5000 / 5000
[Speed] Fast
[Damage] 200 / 300 to sea monsters

If the ship takes damage the stats go down.
*[10] Prismstone Ore : Found in the ocean , used to craft Prismstone armor and more.
*Armor*
- Prismstone Helmet [ 8 armor ] + Bonus 15% ranged damage
Prismstone_armor_helmet.png

- Prismstone Hat [ 4 armor ] + Bonus 15% Magic damage
Prismstone_armor.png

- Prismstone Mask [ 12 armor ] Bonus 15% Melee damage
Prismstone_armor_Mask.png

- Prismstone Chestplate [ 5 armor ]
- Prismstone Leggings [ 6 Armor ]

Full set bonus : Makes you faster underwater.

Prismstone_Sword.png

Prismstone Sword :
-Damage 29
-Speed ( Fast )
Prismstone_spear.png

Prismstone Spear
-Damage 28
-Speed ( Very Fast )

Crystal_Crusher.png
Crystal crusher
-Damage 32
-Speed ( very slow )

Prismstone_axe.png
Prismstone Axe
-Axe Power : 165%
-Speed ( Fast )

Prismstone_hammer.png
The Crystal Demolisher
-Hammer power 100%
-Speed ( Fast )

Prismstone_Pickaxe.png
Prismstone Pickaxe
-Pickaxe power 100%
-Speed ( fast )

Everything Prismstone related made by Vikri

~TheFireroll

Last edited:
I actually really like the idea of a broken/sunken pirate ship, as for the water chests will they be scattered around more? Cause, I mean, In order to get the diving gear I'm gonna need flippers and usually I run to the ocean to find some. Also if the oceans being expanded with that much added content were you thinking it'd only be on one side or?

I like the idea so far, I'll check this out again when you have further details on 4-6.
They're good ideas, but I don't know how you want things to work.
Also details are important.

nice tho B)

I actually really like the idea of a broken/sunken pirate ship, as for the water chests will they be scattered around more? Cause, I mean, In order to get the diving gear I'm gonna need flippers and usually I run to the ocean to find some. Also if the oceans being expanded with that much added content were you thinking it'd only be on one side or?

I like the idea so far, I'll check this out again when you have further details on 4-6.
They're good ideas, but I don't know how you want things to work.
Also details are important.

nice tho B)
I've updated the thread, but to make this a long story short im gonna answer your questions here.
[1] No water chest will be removed from the ocean.
[2] Diving gear can drop from mobs near the ocean.
[3] There's one ocean that connects the world and removes inivible walls.
[4] 4-6 are explained above.

Thanks for supporting my thread.

~TheFireroll

Sooo, you just wait for some good ideas to pop up? i like it, maybe add a description about the Kraken attack pattern?

Ocean expansion would be really nice since I love underwater bases, but there's so little space for them.

Sooo, you just wait for some good ideas to pop up? i like it, maybe add a description about the Kraken attack pattern?

I agree, try to make a suggestion for the boss that contains the attacks, drops, and more optional stuff.

Curious as to how this would work. What did you have in mind exactly?
That was actually a mistake. What I wanted was a Pirate ship.

I will explain what the Pirate ship is later on but im gonna give you a small idea of what it is.

The Pirate ship is excactly what it sounds like. A Pirate ship... You can get into the ship, you with your friends and cross the ocean. A Pirate ship has cannons equiped which do bonus damage to sea monsters like the Kraken, sharks etc. . .

The Pirate ship has hp that drops. The lower its health drops the more weaker the ship gets.
Example :
- 100% HP = Speed fast / Attack 200 ( 300 to sea monsters )
- 50% HP = Speed Slowish / Attack 95 ( 165 to sea monsters )
- 1% HP = Speed Can barely move / Attack 50 ( 75 to sea monsters)

I'll add more to the main post.

~TheFireroll

Interesting! I like a bit of this, but that kraken seems a little OP? A move that one shots, and it can fly? I think this would all be fine, just the krakens a little OP (also, if you are going to say that he is a boss after duke fishron, then I'm going to have to COMPLETELY disagree with you. I'm not at all keen on yet another mega boss slapped on. The bosses should tie into other things and lead to progression, not building a stadium to fight them with no reason other that better loot...)

Interesting! I like a bit of this, but that kraken seems a little OP? A move that one shots, and it can fly? I think this would all be fine, just the krakens a little OP (also, if you are going to say that he is a boss after duke fishron, then I'm going to have to COMPLETELY disagree with you. I'm not at all keen on yet another mega boss slapped on. The bosses should tie into other things and lead to progression, not building a stadium to fight them with no reason other that better loot...)
So you want the kraken to be easyer OR a prehardmode boss? i agree with you with the instant kill attack. in my oppinion the ocean needs a prehardmode boss.

True... True... But who knows... Maybe when you kill the kraken something gets unlocked. I mean as i said the pirate will have new items to sell but i was thinking of something else , like when the kraken dies it doesnt rain anymore. But still it's not enough for such a hard boss... The community has to help me with this one.

EDIT : Oh and dispite its health, Kraken has low armor so it takes a lot more damage from [1] Players and [2] Ships

unfortunately other people cant see the sprites becuz they where copied from our private conversation, so, here they are peoplz.

Mask
Prismstone_armor_Mask.png

Helmet
Prismstone_armor_helmet.png

Hat
Prismstone_armor_Hat.png

anchient helmet
Prismstone_armor_Anchient_Helmet.png

Crystal Crusher
Crystal_Crusher.png

and you should know the rest
Prismstone_Sword.png
Prismstone_Pickaxe.png
Prismstone_axe.png
Prismstone_hammer.png
Prismstone_spear.png

Maybe when you kill the kraken something gets unlocked. I mean as i said the pirate will have new items to sell but i was thinking of something else , like when the kraken dies it doesnt rain anymore.

Rain is valuable to some people though. Also don't certain mobs only appear in rain? Like the Ice Golem or Rainbow Slimes?
If one kills the Kraken I think it should have something to do with the ocean. If it's meant to unlock something then it could unlock say.. a "hidden" cavern locked with valuable treasure/loot or something? I guess that's not really original but I mean it's just an example so whatever.

At the moment, I'm kinda like The Fireroll, I'm not exactly sure where this would fit in. It looks great, and I definitely want it in, just not sure. Maybe, it could be a miniboss much like the snow golem. (He did say that it might have a random chance to spawn when raining and in the ocean biome I believe)

Back
Top Bottom