NPCs & Enemies The Optic, Slime Rancher, and The Martian - New Town NPC ideas

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
I think one thing that terraria has needed for a while is more NPCs. In 1.3 onwards, there has only been 3 new NPCs. So, I've proposed the following new town NPCs;

The Optic would spawn after Eye of Cthulhu is defeated. He would sell the following items:

Suspicious Looking Eye (always available): 1 gold
Iris (during Blood Moon, or always in Hardmode): 1 gold. (the Iris would be used to make a pre-hardmode summoning weapon)
The Iris staff would be crafted at a Demon/Crimson Alter, and it would be crafted by: 3 Lens, 5 Demonite, and 1 Iris. It would have the following stats:

11 damage (summon)
Summons Servants of Cthulhu
Behavior: Their behavior is similar to that of the Eye of Cthulhu's first phase, only faster, and instead of spawning minions they shoot little chunks.
Appearance: The Minions would look like the ones that EoC spawns. The staff would look like the tempest staff, only recolored and more straight
Black Lens (when the Optic Staff is in your Inventory): 10 gold
Eye of Cthulhu badge: 15 gold (hardmode). The Eye of Cthulhu badge would provide minor improvements to minion stats:
The Eye of Cthulhu Badge would provide the following buffs:
+5% minion damage
+50% minion knockback
+10% minion speed (this would make your minions attack and move faster)
Suspicious Looking Necklace: 50 gold (always). This would be a pet summon, that would summon mini versions of the first forms of each of the Eye bosses (EoC, Retinazer, Spazmatism) at the same time
Retinalaser, Spazmafire: 20 gold each (after Twins are defeated)
These magic weapons would be available after Twins are defeated. They would have the following stats:

Retinalaser: An upgrade of the Laser Rifle. It would have the following stats:
35 magic damage
2 knockback (less than Laser Rifle)
Mana: 6 (less than Laser Rifle)
Use time: 10 (faster than Laser Rifle)
Velocity: 20 (faster than Laser Rifle)
10% base crit chance.
Appearance: Looks like an Elongated Laser Rifle, only fitting the color scheme of Retinazer, and having a Red tip at the end.

Spazmafire: A unique weapon. It would have two separate attacks
Primary attack: Fires like Spazatism's second phase flamethrower
Mana/Sec: 20
Damage/Sec: 150 (magic)
Inflicts Cursed flames.

Secondary Fire: Fires Cursed Fireballs, like his first phase):
Damage: 39
Mana: 10
Use Time: 14 (very fast)
(note-they would home in, and these stats would be the ones shown in-game)
Appearance of weapon: A green orb
The Optic's appearance would look like this: A character with the EoC mask, only including the Iris and center of the eye, with a Horned God robe and pants, then having all of this dyed Purple and Black (black will be primary, Purple Secondary). The Optic would always be carrying the Optic Staff, and have a swarm of minions to protect him. Those minions would be the Iris minions in pre-hardmode, and Optic Minions in Hardmode.

The Slime Rancher would be available as soon as King Slime is defeated. He would sell the following:

Gelatite: 15 copper (always sold) Gelatite would be used to make Gelatite Bars, which would result in an armor set:
Using 3 Gelatite and 1 gel will result in 1 Gelatite Bar, Crafted at a furnace. Gelatite Bars would be used to craft the Gelatite armor for a total of 50 gelatite bars:
Gelatite Armor:
17 defense
+15% ranged damage
+10% chance not to consume ammo
Set bonus: All ranged weapons can stick to a target and hit it another time (this would be 20% of original damage, and would happen 1 second after original hit). You can also stick to walls.
Appearance: The helmet would look like a Slime. The other peices would be large bubbles of Gel shaped into armor (all gelatite armor is blue)
Using 3 Gelatite and 1 pink gel will result in 3 Pink Gelatite Bars (unlike the normal gelatite bars) Pink Gelatite Bars are used to make the Pink Gelatite Armor:
13 defense
+5% ranged damage and crit chance
+20% movement speed
Set bonus: All ranged weapons can bounce off of a target and hit it a second time potentially (this would be 50% of original damage, IF it hits). You can also bounce off of all surfaces by holding jump
Appearance: Looks like Pink version of Gelatite Armor, only more Slick
NOTE: I GOT THE IDEA TO MAKE GELATITE A THING FROM ANOTHER USER. IF YOU COULD TAG THEM THAT WOULD BE GREAT
Summoner Staff: 5 gold (While Slime Staff is in Inventory)- used with 100 gel to make the Slime Staff, or can be used with 100 spooky wood to make the Raven Staff, or 100 Martian Plating to make the Xeno Staff
Gun Extension: 5 gold (Post-Plantera)-used to make the Slime Gun into a weapon when combined with this, Illegal Gun Parts, and the Slime Gun. It would have the same stats except it would do 40 ranged damage, and consume no ammo
Pink Jelly: 1 platinum (always). Pet-summon, summons a Slime looking like the pink slime from Slime Rancher (the game)
The Slime Rancher would look like a Scientist covered in Gel. It would defend themself with the Slime Gun

The Martian would spawn after a Martian Madness event is completed. He would sell the following things.
Any Piece to either Martian Vanity Sets: 10 gold (when you have one of the pieces to the respective costume in inventory)
Martian Conduit Plating: 2 silver (always)
Baby Scrambler: 1 platinum (Solar Eclipse). Summons a Baby Martian Pet
Any Piece of Martian Furniture: 10 gold (always)
Martian Armor: 50 gold/Piece (post-Moon Lord)
Martian armor would give the following:
36 defense
+30% magic damage
-20% mana usage
+15% mana crit chance
Set Bonus: Lasers are fired at anything hit by a magic weapon (36 damage each)

Support!
The only problem is that you can craft martian furniture from conduit plating and all things sell for 1/5 of buy price so it would be too easy profit.

In case you want to give a friend the Slime Staff as a gift, but don't want to give away yours. Or, if you didn't get the Raven Staff or Xeno Staff but fought the event to get enough Spooky Wood/Conduit Plating.
That makes some sense for the slime staff, but it kind of ruins the whole point of looking for the others, which is actually pretty fun.

I feel like the Twins weapons are just a little underpowered for Hardmode, and especially for something that's post-Twins. Those guys are a pain, and it would feel more worthwhile if the weapons did more damage.

I feel like the Twins weapons are just a little underpowered for Hardmode, and especially for something that's post-Twins. Those guys are a pain, and it would feel more worthwhile if the weapons did more damage.
A rainbow rod is bad but fairy bell gives you light next to you and optic staff can be used by every class even until celestial events.

I do think summoner class needs more pre-hardmode items. I realize that most people don't use classes until hardmode, but I personally find minions fun. I Luke the slime rancher reference. The Pink Gelaltite armor would be very hard to get without farming though. I'm not sure the stats it provides is worth it.

I do think summoner class needs more pre-hardmode items. I realize that most people don't use classes until hardmode, but I personally find minions fun. I Luke the slime rancher reference. The Pink Gelaltite armor would be very hard to get without farming though. I'm not sure the stats it provides is worth it.
Actually just one Pinky would get you enough for the Armor, and Pinky isn't that rare with Slime Rain.

Back
Top Bottom