NPCs & Enemies The Planetary Desolator (BOSS)

Apprasal

Terrarian
I came up with a Post-Moon Lord Boss called the Planetary Desolator. Please feel free to comment, and post your own ideas!

Summon: Once the Moon Lord has been defeated, you can craft a Fragment of Kronos at an Ancient Manipulator. The Fragment will summon The Planetary Desolator. The Fragment is crafted with 10 Luminite Bars, A Guide Voodoo Doll, Mechanical Eye, Mechanical Worm, and Mechanical Skull. The Planetary Desolator can be summoned at any time of day, but must be summoned at least 150 Blocks above ground, and cannot go beneath 100 Blocks, or it will Despawn.

Trivia: The Planetary Desolator is an Ultra-Boss, which would be considered 'The Fight of the Gods', due to it's immense power. It spawns in huge planets roughly the size of the Eye of Cthulhu. These are Marsamorph, (Marz- a -Morf) Jupitamy, (Joo- Pit -Uhmy) and Murcurest (Merk- Your -Est), The Desolator's Minions. Marsamorph moves around slowly, and inflicts 160 Damage upon touching the player. Once down to half health, he transforms into phase two, where a huge, fanged mouth appears on his surface, he will then dash around like the Eye of Cthulhu. Jupitamy has a large ring around her, like the planet Jupiter, and moves slowly as well, but fires cursed flames, and web of multicoloured lasers, labelled 'Galactic Schism'. Finally, Murcurest moves fast, and will set the player on fire upon touching them. In his phase two, once health has been depreciated to half, will freeze the player for 12 seconds upon contact. He will create blazing wheels that home in on the player, and once entering phase two, enormous stars that get bigger and fire pink spheres in all directions.

Details: The Desolator has 283,000,500 Health, and has several attacks, but the boss rarely moves. The Pnuemonofox Blast is a thin green thread that swoops and dives up and down, bouncing off tiles. This deals 140 Damage. The Optic Nerve is an attack that creates a ring around the boss, before expanding and producing purple swirls that inflict 50 Damage. The last attack is unnamed. It makes hundreds of thin blue lines that soar around uncontrollably, dealing 200 Damage. Upon touching the player personally, the Desolator deals 600 damage.

Drops: The Planetary Desolator drops 15 Platinum, Luminite (400-750) The Black Knight (13%) Planetary Desolator Trophy (28%) Toxic Showerbow (Bow that showers arows that inflict poison and inflict 152 Damage) 100%, Dasckiour 23%.

Here is the Sprite for the Planetary Desolator.

e3a75919107e36f.png

Last edited:
This boss (even if practically unbeatable) sounds like it would be an awesome challenge for all the people who already beat the game! I like it .
I think there is one issue tho, that would be the boss drops. I like the amount of Luminite (altough I'd like to see the number a little higher 300-400-ish ) and the amount of Coins. If you beat this boss without hacks etc. I would think that you'd want to be rich afterwards. I mean you then beat the game fully. :D
Nice Idea tho. Already hyped to see that sprite.

This boss (even if practically unbeatable) sounds like it would be an awesome challenge for all the people who already beat the game! I like it .
I think there is one issue tho, that would be the boss drops. I like the amount of Luminite (altough I'd like to see the number a little higher 300-400-ish ) and the amount of Coins. If you beat this boss without hacks etc. I would think that you'd want to be rich afterwards. I mean you then beat the game fully. :D
Nice Idea tho. Already hyped to see that sprite.
Thanks so much for liking it! I cant wait to release the sprite. Soz about the money - I've never defeated the Moon Lord, Im only on Plantera. I don't know about money. :)

I really appreciate the amount of detail put into the fight itself, from post-moonlord ideas you rarely get as much specification as you've provided :), but could you tell us a bit about the drops? (By the way, you can edit the thread and put the sprite in instead of making a new thread)

I really appreciate the amount of detail put into the fight itself, from post-moonlord ideas you rarely get as much specification as you've provided :), but could you tell us a bit about the drops? (By the way, you can edit the thread and put the sprite in instead of making a new thread)
Thanks so much for your feedback! If you go on the Other page, I have the specification of the Daskciour.

I just thought I’d do a little arithmetic to put your proposed numbers into perspective. Let’s say that you’re using endgame weapons that can deal around 2000 to 4000 DPS on a single target. The boss has an HP pool of 283,000,500. Assuming you could maintain 4000 damage per second, the boss would take 19 hours and 39 minutes to kill. And that’s with equipment like Phantasm with luminite arrows. Mainstays like the Razorpine and Laser Machinegun, which I consider to be excellent dps weapons, would be doing half of that. You would have to fight for more than 24 hours. I know it was probably fun for you to type out all those zeroes when writing down the boss’s maximum health, but jesus christ.

I know you claim that you’re spending a lot of time and effort on these threads, but it is extremely obvious to me that you’re either not thinking very hard, or you don’t understand what a game needs in order to be an enjoyable experience.

Last edited:
It's a superboss not ultraboss

Just reduce the health to 30,000,000
If you have the calamity mod,
Supreme Calamitis is arguably harder with the whole 15 second long bullet he'll segments

It should really have to be fought on the surface or space
No freeze that just doesn't make sense

We're still talking of 30,000,000?! Cmon the moon lord IS and WILL STAY the final boss. It has multiple parts and the total isn't half of that. It's ridiculous to try adding such a thing into the vanlla game, better make it a very hard mod.

We're still talking of 30,000,000?! Cmon the moon lord IS and WILL STAY the final boss. It has multiple parts and the total isn't half of that. It's ridiculous to try adding such a thing into the vanlla game, better make it a very hard mod.
It's not a boss
It's a superboss, but you could also look at it as a post-game superboss

I just thought I’d do a little arithmetic to put your proposed numbers into perspective. Let’s say that you’re using endgame weapons that can deal around 2000 to 4000 DPS on a single target. The boss has an HP pool of 283,000,500. Assuming you could maintain 4000 damage per second, the boss would take 19 hours and 39 minutes to kill. And that’s with equipment like Phantasm with luminite arrows. Mainstays like the Razorpine and Laser Machinegun, which I consider to be excellent dps weapons, would be doing half of that. You would have to fight for more than 24 hours. I know it was probably fun for you to type out all those zeroes when writing down the boss’s maximum health, but jesus christ.

I know you claim that you’re spending a lot of time and effort on these threads, but it is extremely obvious to me that you’re either not thinking very hard, or you don’t understand what a game needs in order to be an enjoyable experience.
Wish I could like something more than once.

Anything boss idea with health over 300,000 is just totally dismissed to most people... keep in mind Moon Lord on expert has 217,500 health.

283,000,500?
30,000,000?
:red: I don't care if its 500,000, Terraria already confirmed there would be no Post-Moon Lord boss.

EDIT: I'ma just leave this here...
How to make suggestions people will support

Last edited:
I feel this boss is very redundant, the Moon Lord is the final boss of the game and having another boss past it is out of place.

I feel this boss is very redundant, the Moon Lord is the final boss of the game and having another boss past it is out of place.
Even if he was added, I think people whould either
A) put it under "joke fights"
B) not recognize it as a real fight (it's a 18-19 hour fight)

Yeah, this boss reminds me of The LORDE from the Calamity mod.
Coincidentally, I was just on calamity thread
Also I can't not agree,
It's THE LORDE
++++++steroids
-any kind of humor
[doublepost=1555102496,1555102228][/doublepost]Here is how you, a HUMAN being, can beat it very quickly
1. Get the mod "boss instakill"
2. Get 10 dirt
3. Make the boss instakiller
4. Hit it with the weapon that does 2 billion damage in one hit (I'm just saying a billion, not counting the nines)
5. You win!

Back
Top Bottom