• No.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • This idea stinks.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

nphelps220

Official Terrarian
Hello, and here's a new boss idea!

-Looks exactly like the player as if they were wearing Shadow Dye in every slot and wearing Y0raiz0r's Spell in an extra vanity slot

-Same physics as a player (moved by conveyor belts, cannot move through blocks, etc.)

-Able to use any item in the player's hotbar. Additionally, its presence inflicts a debuff that prevents the player from using their inventory, to prevent people from filling their hotbar with Copper Shortswords and switching them out later.

-Has the same buffs as the player (with the obvious exception of revealing buffs like Spelunker and Night Vision)

-In Expert Mode, multiple are summoned if in a multiplayer world, one per player (good luck Pedguin)

-Named: "<playername>'s Shadow" (if I were to fight it, it would be Starfall's Shadow)

-When battled, all blocks turn black and the background turns white due to a special shader, allowing the combatants to see one another in a dark place

-Uses all accessories the player has equipped at the time (a player with the Sweetheart Necklace would see their shadow shooting bees and getting more invincibility frames when hit)

-Has the same Health, Defense, and Mana as the player, as well as their Set Bonus and buffs provided by Armor

-Cancels all other mob spawns. No crab statues, no clowns getting in your way... just a 1v1 (or 100v100 if you're on a server)

-So basically the player fighting themselves.

-Summoned by using a special item during the Blood Moon.

I've seen a lot of suggestions exactly like this and they all boil down to one simple fact : It'd be way too hard to code.

Making enemies that use the same weapons as the player is very complicated, as a lot of weapons aren't as simple as "point and shoot at player", such as flails and projectile-controlling weapons.

Regardless of setup, an AI is no match against a person. Once you get the patterns and tricks the AI may have planned. (which would be...fly around and shoot?).
Then you can develop your tactic to defeat your rivalry ai. While the ai needs to wait for an update to develop it's own.

As said before, unless the ai is really smart to handle each possible situation, but that's a very unlikely chance in a game where you can shape the world to your own.
And even if that would be the case, then I'll expect it using cheap tactics like the Old One Army, (ghost mode, infinite flight, immume to enviroment)

You're honestly much better off to do a pvp match.

The problem with PvP matches is that not only do many people have no one to fight, but there's a certain point in which you can just kill everyone else. If Terraria does implement special PVP features, then I will indeed scrap my idea.

as others have said, this would probably be difficult to code properly considering the wide variety of weapons in the game. It might work with general actions for 1 type of weapon, but still. Fights would probably be over quickly in the endgame, but what would happen if you had no weapons at all? Would you be stuck there forever? What does it drop?

Ive seen a surprising amount of these suggestions and really i don't like them, mainly because their all the same and quit hard to code.
Along with its just something that seems boring and unoriginal.

So no support.

Back
Top Bottom