tModLoader The Pufferfish Mod

pogal 🐡🌳

Terrarian
This is the official thread for the puffer fish mod.
PufferFish.png

This mod is downloadable but still in development so expect bugs.

I'm not very good at codeing so it took me a long time to create.

I also had to watch various tutorials online to figure out how to make a mod. (i'm sorry if parts of that are still in the code)

This mod adds puffer fish you can see what they look like from my profile pic or the images section at the bottom of the page.

There are currently two different types of puffer fish.
The first being the normal pufferfish and the second being the lucky finned puffer fish (finding Nemo reference)

The normal one drops a spike when it dies and the lucky finned puffer fish drops a fin.

There are currently 2 unique weapons you can make with these. The first being the spikey and the second being the angry puffer blaster.

You can create spiked bullets for the puffer blaster.

The Spikey fin can be upgraded (currently with souls of fright) to create the true spikey fin. This shoots a big spike projectile.

This is in a very early state of development so expect updates.

Planned

A boss pufferfish called King Puff

bug fixes

Pufferfish Pet

And so much more.

Items
Spike
Spike.png

Fin
Fin.png

Weapons

Swords

Spikey fin.
SpikeyFin - Copy.png

True spikey fin
TrueSpikeyFin.png

Guns

The angry pufferblaster
PufferBlaster.png

Ammo
Spike bullets
Spiker.png

Projectiles

The projectile from the True Spikey fin

Npcs

Pufferfish
PufferFish.png

Lucky finned pufferfish
PufferFishLuckyFin.png

Older version (0.9.2.3)
Download Pufferfish mod.zip or if that does not work try this https://www.mediafire.com/?p9t0kddl4rxy3jk

Newer download (0.10.0.1)

https://www.mediafire.com/?bgbrgi2rr999fd8

extract this file into your mod sources folder then build it in game.

If you have any ideas for me to add please comment about them either on this thread or my steam group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Terraria-pufferfish-mod

Attachments

• PufferFishLuckyFin.png
    PufferFishLuckyFin.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 251
  • Pufferfish mod.zip
    97.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
I think that the textures do not fit with terraria textures, being small and pixelated. Maybe find a texturer that can recreate the textures based off your current designs?
Otherwise, it looks pretty good so far :D

Here is a version which will work with modloader 0.10.0.1
Yeah I know the textures are not that great at the moment. Like I said it is the first mod I have ever made and I'm not very experienced in making them. They will probably change in the future. Thank you for saying it looks good so far though :)

This seems like a great idea! My favorite fish is also the puffer fish, and if I knew how to sprite I would definitely try to help! This mod looks good so far, and I would like to help in development in some way. If you can make a discord server for it, that will help people give ideas and balancing changes, etc. Just some ideas though! Keep modding, it's a blast.

This seems like a great idea! My favorite fish is also the puffer fish, and if I knew how to sprite I would definitely try to help! This mod looks good so far, and I would like to help in development in some way. If you can make a discord server for it, that will help people give ideas and balancing changes, etc. Just some ideas though! Keep modding, it's a blast.
Thanks for saying its a great idea :). Also a discord server does sound like a good idea so I will make one I can't do it right now but I will make one soon.

Back
Top Bottom