NPCs & Enemies The Space Cat

NanoBoltz

Terrarian
I was thinking of this boss, since all bosses in Terraria are kind of scary (No Offense to the devs)

So this is MY boss idea

The Space Cat

How to craft?
1 Rainbow rod + 20 Souls of light + 5 Souls of night + Candies (Just something that will be added for this thing) + Cookie (This one too) = Rainbow Candy

Phase 1
Eyes shoots rainbow lasers that deals 40 damage
Shoots candy and cookies from its mouth each deals 20 damage

Phase 2 (35000 HP)
Goes fast like Duke Fishron
Spawns flying cats that explodes when gets hitted and deals 40 damage
Breaths out Rainbow that deals 40 damage each second
Meowmere heads fly off from its body with 50 damage
Eyes Glow
Stars fall deals 30 damage

Phase 3 (Expert mode only) (10000 HP)
Goes on loops and shoots Meowmere heads all over deals 50 damage
Makes 1 beam from its 2 eyes that makes a loop like at Moonlord's head eye that deals 50 damage
Summons Cats that makes hologram selves max no. of holograms 5 and when hitted deals 40 damage
Glows

Total Health: 75000 HP
Expert: 85000 HP

Drops:
True Meowmere - 360 Damage (100% Chance)
Ultra Rainbow Gun - 20 Mana, 160 Damage (75% Chance)
Everlasting prism - No mana, 220 Damage (50% Chance)
Super Healing Potion - 200 restoration of HP (100% Chance)
2 Platinum Coin, 30 Gold coins, 10 Silver Coins (100% Chance)

Yep, inspiration from Nyan Cat

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 983
I really like the sprite and concept, but I think it would be better as a miniboss with significantly weaker drops. I think it could maybe be themed more to the Hallow if this was the case - the Hallow could maybe use a miniboss

Not gonna lie, this boss is ludicrously unbalanced. It’s only post-Twins, yet it acts like Duke Fishron with projectile spam and drops weapons that dwarf the Moon Lord’s. No support.

Absolute zero support because weapons are only used to craft other weapons, accessories for other accessories, you get the idea. Also, "True" versions of endgame OP weapons aren't needed because with the right build you can easily hit the 2K dmg output. Also, drop chances are supposed to be spread out evenly (i.e; 2 items = 50%, 3 items = 33%, and so on).

The projectiles the boss summons will completely wreck the screen and your invincibility frames only delay your death. Also, what are the patterns the boss does? (Examples of a good pattern: Duke Fishron, Queen Bee, Ice Queen, Pumpking)

I'm a fan of the idea (and sprite; that looks really sweet *cough*), but, as everyone has made it clear, you may need to weaken this thing substantially.
For the Rainbow Candy's recipe, the Rainbow Rod has a pretty hefty recipe, itself. It's a novel idea, but you should think on how fun it would be to get all the materials for the Rod, and THEN craft the Candy. Especially if you keep dying to the boss, which, looking at the behaviors and recipe you've given, is extremely likely.
Everyone else's pretty much said everything else that needs to be addressed. Pay attention to when you want this boss fought, and build everything else around that. I wouldn't suggest going past the Lunatic Cultist, though, for reasons WingedOracle's stated.

THIS CAT SPRITE IS VERY VERY VERY VERY COOL. But i think this is unbalanced.
If this boss was not too strong i think everyone would like, and add the sprites of the
other objects too.

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom