The Start of my Base

Arcta9798

Terrarian
HI all.

Here’s a room I started for my Expert Mode base.

I’m going with a high technology theme, eventually I’m thinking of adding elements of Solarpunk, especially with the dryads area.

This room is the painters, he gets the first room cause I need paint by the billions. My next room is the guides, and an televator to a merchants tavern.

Any feedback would be nice on the theme, walls, blocks, what I should put, what I shouldn’t, what should be painted, etc.

Some of these will be hard (Angler And Pirates especially) so if anyone had any advice on making the NPC rooms stand out, that would be appreciated, I plan on making rooms for all the NPCs (and a clone bay...just for fun :3 )

I painted some of the stuff cause their original colors didn’t go well with the rest of it, but I can send a screenshot with the items scraped of paint if requested.

(Also I wish I could paint the item frame there, the color sticks out too much ;-;)

Attachments

• 9D511247-AA27-474E-9FDB-9446A3B22DC1.jpeg
    9D511247-AA27-474E-9FDB-9446A3B22DC1.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 292
This looks pretty awesome so far! Especially for what appears to be a picture of the TV. `;) Honestly, the only thing I could suggest is to add a bit more color variation. The white-on-white of the floor is a bit much. Oh, and some Cogs and Copper Pipe wallpaper can go a long way to looking more ____punky.

This looks pretty awesome so far! Especially for what appears to be a picture of the TV. `;) Honestly, the only thing I could suggest is to add a bit more color variation. The white-on-white of the floor is a bit much. Oh, and some Cogs and Copper Pipe wallpaper can go a long way to looking more ____punky.

Aww thank you :)

For the colors, I did think of that one, I have been trying to paint the decorations a variety of cool colors as to not have just two colors the entire build.

Any suggestion for the floor? I went with grey originally but it stood out way too much.

(I did plan on using cogs for an engineer area for the mechanic and steampunker though I could try to implement those in the rest of the build :) )

Here is my next room. This one is for the guide.

I’m not finished totally though, aside from fiddling with extra blocks, paints and decor, I’m stuck on what’s I should put in the extra grey area above. I don’t want that to just be blank and black but I don’t know what I should put.

Like last time any suggestions, advice and so on are appreciated :)

(Likewise with the area on the right, the elevator, it’s still a work in progress, I’m fiddling with designs and coloring but yeah)

Attachments

• D5394937-1DCC-4003-8584-3A4C96F11A79.jpeg
    D5394937-1DCC-4003-8584-3A4C96F11A79.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 174
  • A8280722-5AF5-4F29-875C-8A78E4635817.jpeg
    A8280722-5AF5-4F29-875C-8A78E4635817.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 220
Hi all.

I worked on more of the base, I wanted to show some more screenshots, as to see what I could do next.

I tried messing with designs for the walls.
Any thing I could add to add some detail to not make the area samey? Any furniture? Anything like that?

I also ask how my layout is? Like how the base is laid out? Is it good or too boring? I want to make it look nice.

(I’m thinking of making the bottom left an engineering area for the mechanic, a nice grey area with mechanics, under the teleported room, maybe I could add a core? Teleported hub? Something like that? Any suggestions are appreciated, I might even make a room to credit you :) )

The area on the right, Besides a storage area, I’m thinking of making that a Nature Zone for the dryad, truffle and witch doctor, not sure how to make high tech nature area/ Solarpunk though.

(Don’t mind the doors or workstations, those are temporary so I can make walls and furniture there, alongside keeping NPCs down there.)

Attachments

• 0CA7388E-ED81-4AEC-B59C-2DBF849F6A28.jpeg
    0CA7388E-ED81-4AEC-B59C-2DBF849F6A28.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 203
  • 32D2B5A8-F3E6-481C-9300-99AD02AA7DEF.jpeg
    32D2B5A8-F3E6-481C-9300-99AD02AA7DEF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 166
Back
Top Bottom