Other Game The Super Smash Brothers Thread!

Favorite version?

• Total voters
I'm not sure if I'm alone here. Did anyone else feel like the direct was a little lacking? I feel as though there would have been two more characters, it felt a bit incomplete.

Unfortunately Cloud doesn't seem all that good. If he doesn't have limit break his recovery is bad and his frame data is almost or as bad as Shulk's.

Unfortunately Cloud doesn't seem all that good. If he doesn't have limit break his recovery is bad and his frame data is almost or as bad as Shulk's.
I take that back, his aerials are good and limit break is busted.

That aside, here's a summary of patch 1.1.3: Bowser's up throw is a combo throw, at low percents and up tilt seems guaranteed, at mid-high percents up throw into up air can work. Ganondorf has more frames of super armor on his Warlock Punch. Mewtwo's f-air comes out quicker, along with various other buffs. A lot of characters have less landing lag after using a move midair. For a full list of changes look here: http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes.425921/

I take that back, his aerials are good and limit break is busted.

That aside, here's a summary of patch 1.1.3: Bowser's up throw is a combo throw, at low percents and up tilt seems guaranteed, at mid-high percents up throw into up air can work. Ganondorf has more frames of super armor on his Warlock Punch. Mewtwo's f-air comes out quicker, along with various other buffs. A lot of characters have less landing lag after using a move midair. For a full list of changes look here: http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes.425921/
OH MY GOD I'D BEEN WANTING BOWSER TO GET A NICE GRAB COMBO YESSSSSSS

I suppose everything that happened is pretty sweet, wasn't expecting Bayonetta. The thing that had me dropping my jaw was the Geno costume, though. I actually do want Cloud and the Midgar stage after finally seeing them explained.

Having said that, still pretty bummed out that Simon Belmont isn't gonna happen. When they were talking about Corrin having long reach, that had me thinking about that even more.

With how things went, it certainly would have been possible. Given how they were able to program combos in for Bayonetta, I'd imagine a system for Geno would work out too - give his smash attacks a Timed Hit property where pressing the button at the right frame during an attack animation would do extra damage, any charge special would have a 'meter' of 3 stars appear; just like in the game, if you don't let go as soon as the third star appears, the attack only does the damage it would have without charging. Could maybe even fit Geno Whirl in there somewhere, either as a toned down special or a guaranteed KO final smash.

But, and I am almost certain of this, the only reason there's a Geno costume at all is because of Cloud and Midgar. I have doubts Square actually cares about Super Mario RPG.

Hey, have you guys heard of the calculation for most damage in pokemon, where a power trick shuckle uses rollout and a bunch of other stuff to do five million damage in one attack? I was wondering, has anyone ever tried to do the same for smasylh bros, and figured out what the most damage a character in smash could deal in a single attack? I imagine with all the customization, power-ups, and damage multipliers, that number could get pretty high...

Back
Top Bottom