The Terra Code

Chapter 11
The next day in training Graham asked Ryan and Cora if they had had used any other weapons.
"Well, I've actually only used a bow, but I'd like to learn more" Ryan replied. She remembered my throwing knives, and told Graham about it.
"Hmm" he said, and went off somewhere. Ryan and Cora were left standing there, confused.
When he came back he was holding some throwing knives, and round, sharp objects, with little spikes.
He first told me to throw the knives, and she did, hitting the dummy's head every time.
"Now these are called shurikens, and were used by the so called 'ninjas' who came from and ancient dynasty" Graham said after she had finished.
He eyed Cora's katana and told her "your sword was the ninja's choice of weapon you know".
Cora took the shurikens, and noticed they were much lighter than the knives.
She threw it, and it whizzed across the room with much greater speed than the knives, and lodged itself into the dummy.
Cora marveled at the speed and the accuracy, when Graham said "maybe you could be a ninja as part of your identity", and she couldn't help agreeing.

Sorry about no chapter yesterday-stuff happens
Chapter 12
In magic practice, Cora tried every other magic, but it was much harder than before, and she couldn't do any of them as well as fire.
She told Graham, and he said that fire must be the best type of magic for her.
The day of training left her exhausted, and she was drained when she flopped onto the bed.
She turned off the light, got under the covers, and closed her eyes.
The sea was churning, almost boiling, and the clouds weren't any better.
Wind and rain lashed against her, and huge lightning bolts cascaded from the sky.
Then she heard an earsplitting roar, coming from what seemed to be a mountain.
But it moved.
Oh no.
It had tentacles.
Oh no.
It was coming towards her.
Oh no.
"YOU THINK YOU COULD EVER DEFEAT ME!!!!!!".
She turned around, and suddenly light filled the world, and everything disappeared.
Ryan stood in the doorway looking worried, and she realized she must of been screaming in her dream.
Cora feared that it was only the beginning

Chapter 13
"Today we are going to be building your identity, finding your strengths, weaknesses, so find your partner and your trainer, and help each other find who you truly are."
Graham walked toward her and Ryan, looking more tired than usual, an exact reflection of how she felt.
"Cora, before we start, can you tell me what's up."
"uh, n..nothing" she replied.
Graham smiled kindly and said quietly "Cora, you don't fool me, what's wrong".
She sighed and gave in "well I've been having these nightmares, and well... yeah"
Graham just simply said "I'll have to get Jenna to fix up something to sleep" he sighed and turned around, reaching into a pack for something.
"But what, what does it mean" Cora asked confused, but he simply replied "you'll see", and handed her a garment made out of soft black cloth, along with her fire flower.
"And Ryan, I haven't forgotten you" he added as he handed Ryan a green shirt and a black cloak.
Cora stared at her suit, as Graham explained that it belonged to the ancient ninjas of Terraria.
A small piece of material slipped out, and she bent to pick it up.
It was dyed red, and orange, and yellow, but the patterns didn't stay still, and they moved and twisted, like fire.
She almost forgot about the nightmares. Almost.
'Wait, but what about the..."
she didn't get to finish her sentence, and Graham said forcibly "They mean nothing!", "nothing" he repeated softly after a pause.​

sorry for the lack of new chapters, I will go back to posting at least once every two/one days.

Chapter 14: Beams of light
That afternoon, she went to where Graham had told her to go to get her sleeping medicine.
She padded down the hallway and knocked at a door labeled 'Hospital'.
"Hi, you must be Cora" a woman with blonde hair said.
"Uh hi" Cora replied, "um I need a uh... sleeping medicine, thing"
"sure thing" the woman said, and handed her a flask of some strange, orange liquid.
"Just drink that before you go to bed and you'll be fine, and I'll have somebody deliver more to you every day" .
Cora opened the door to the magic training room, and stepped in.
The light was blinding, but she could make out Graham, covering his eyes and Ryan in the middle of the room.
the light abruptly stopped, and Ryan slowly walked over to her, exhausted, but smiling happily.
A dummy stood next to the far wall, and had a burning hole through it
"You'll never guess what I did!!!" Ryan said happily.
Cora raised one eyebrow and replied "used magic without a weapon"
"uh yeah, but, I learnt to focus it, and turns out light is really my magic and, yeah" Ryan said excitedly, the words bursting out of his mouth.
"Yes, and in fact once he learns to focus it better, those light beams could cut through anything" Graham said.
Cora smiled and said "well, I guess I should have a go too".

Chapter 15: This Girl Is On FIYAAAAA
Cora took her place In the middle of the room, and started to focus.She reached inside her for the magic that she had summoned many times.
She concentrated as hard as she could, feeling the magic flow, and released it!.
The feeling was different to that of using a weapon. It was more tiring, but also more satisfying.
Cora opened her eyes, and recoiled in shock, as her body was transformed into living, seething mass of flame.
When she realized that it actually wasn't burning her, she let the magic flow more and more, until she could see the floor melting and charring.
She focused the magic forward, and a pillar of fire erupted from her toward the dummy, completely obliterating it.
She finally let go of the magic, and felt like she was about to faint.
She wobbled a bit, but Graham was by her side, telling her to drink a strange blue potion.
She drank, and instantly felt much better, the potion replenishing all her magic.
"That... was amazing" Graham said, apparently just as shocked as she was too.
"I've never seen someone display such skills on their first time trying".
Ryan came up to her, eyes wide open, and said "wow you're really hot".
Cora blushed and said "Ryan, I'm not looking to be in a relat..." "oh nonono I meant, you know the fire and everything" Ryan cut her off.
"Oh yeah of course, um see you tomorrow" Cora muttered dismissively.
Cora finally took in her surroundings, the floor where she had been standing, red hot and charred black around the outside, and the dummy... well there wasn't one anymore.
She opened her mouth, and Graham, almost reading her mind said "don't worry, we'll be able to fix it easily."
In magic practice the next day, in stark contrast after the adrenaline fueled lesson the day before, there was a quiet talk about the extent of their abilities without weapons.
"Cora, ninjas were masters of stealth and shadows, and I've often seen ninja's manipulate their shadows, and even turn invisible!"
Cora wanted to try out these new abilities, but that was for another lesson.

Last edited:
This chapter is going to be quite a long one, to make up for the missed chapters.
Chapter 16: In The Shadows
Cora trained hard and improved her fighting skills and magic focus.
By that time she had forgotten about the ancient ninja's skills.
that was until one afternoon, when she walked in, and saw Graham waiting for her.
She went to her usual place to practice, when Graham cleared his throat.
"Not today, we'll be doing something different".

She was ready to practice the first skill, called shadow walking, when Ryan walked in.
"Hey" he said, but she ignored him, instead focusing on her shadow intently.
She pictured herself in her mind, what it would be like to be a shadow, and suddenly, it wasn't just a picture in her mind, but in her eyes too.
It was disorientating, but she got used to it pretty quickly.
She also found she could rise up out of her shadow, and sink back in.
"Cora, Cora!" Ryan was yelling, and she thought it would be fun to surprise him.
She came up behind Ryan, and grabbed his ankle, and he gave a yelp, and fell over backwards.
But instead of falling, he had transformed into a shadow too.
"Whoa" Ryan marveled, and Cora realized she could turn others into shadows as well as herself.
Eventually, once she had had her fun running on the ceiling, popping out of the walls, she pulled herself and Ryan out, and stood in front of Graham.
"Well, so you had your fun, but there is something other than turning into a shadow"
"wait, what else?" Cora asked.
Graham told her about ninja's who could not only transform into a shadow, but transform a shadow into them.
Cora was even more exited to try this skill and once again took her place in the middle.
She focused on the magic like she had done many a time, and focused on her shadow.
She envisioned it rising out of the floor, and after some patience, it did.
Cora looked at it in awe, as it was a perfect representation of her, except in all black.
She tried to tell it to talk, or do something, but it didn't do anything, until she thought "I wish it could attack something".
Instantly it jumped into action, swinging a shadow katana and throwing shadow shurikens at it.
Eventually, like the shadow walking she had had her fun.
Graham talked to Ryan for a while, and eventually he stepped into the middle.
He creased his brow, and soon an arrow appeared in the air.
No, it was actually two.
Three, four and on and on until there must of been hundreds.
Cora watched amazed, as he thrust his hands forward, and the spectral arrows all converged onto one target, and stuck out of it like it was a pincushion.
Ryan walked back to Cora, and the two of them shared exited looks.
Graham suddenly said "I'm glad you've learnt these skills today, you need to be ready for your first mission next week".​

In some of these chapters I will give you some music that might go well with the story: listen to this more towards the end, when it gets tense
Chapter 17: Preparation
All the training recruits were Clustered in the usual training area.
All of the recruits were whispering nervously asking questions like "What are we going to have to do" and "where are we going.
All of the instructors were up front, waiting for everyone to quieten down.
Eventually Graham spoke, and everyone else fell silent.
"You are each going to be paired into groups of four, and every group will receive a different mission. We are going to go to the mission prep building with your trainers. Good luck recruits."
There was a little confusion before the trainers sorted out the groups.
Cora and Ryan were paired with a two others called Sam and Dark Hawk (who she had met on the first day).
Sam was apparently someone who had the unique ability to split himself up into four.
He had a purple sword, but he said when he split they turned different colors.
Graham led them to the preparation building.
The atmosphere was tense, and everyone was nervous about going on a mission.
He led them to a door labelled 56.
The room inside had a couple of chests, full up with potions, and a futuristic looking contraption in the corner.
Cora grabbed the potions she was told to grab.
They each were given a mirror, and Graham explained what it did.
"If one of you is badly injured, and is being confronted, gaze into this mirror to return to your room, or the last place you slept. "Your mission is to defeat the evil spirit that has been said to live down there. Good luck".
Now you all need to step onto the teleporter in the corner".
Dark Hawk went first, and said "here we go" quietly, before graham pulled the switch.
Sam went next, and after that Ryan stepped onto the teleporter.
"See you on the other side Cora" he said before vanishing.
Cora stepped nervously onto the contraption, and closed her eyes.

Last edited:
Some more music to fit the theme for you to listen to
Chapter 18: Dungeon
The first thing she saw was darkness.
Pitch black darkness.
"Ryan" she whispered hesitantly".
"Yeah" Ryan whispered back, and at the same time taking out a torch.
The sudden light blinded her, but she soon came to grips with her surroundings.
The cold stone under her feet was colored blue, and had strange patterns etched into them.
There was a chest in the corner, but it was locked.
"Well what do we do now?" Sam asked but nobody really knew.
Suddenly a wet slapping sound came from behind them.
everyone whirled around, and and saw a giant purple mass of jelly heading toward them.
An arrow thudded into it as Ryan attacked.
Soon it was a living pincushion, but still moving towards them.
"what do we do, what do we do?" Ryan asked nervously, and again, nobody knew.
Suddenly Cora remembered one of Graham's lessons, where he had said "gel is tasty but flammable".
Cora took out her fire flower and summoned he magic, and a fireball shot out at the slime.
I melted almost instantly, leaving only a puddle on the floor.
And a key.
Dark Hawk stepped forward to pick it up, and said "It must be for the chest"
They walked nervously to the chest, and Dark Hawk stepped forward with the key.
He twisted it in the lock, and opened it.
A shield made of the finest blue metal lay in the chest, along with some supplies.
They debated for a while who should get it, but eventually they decided Ryan should keep the loot.
But they were too busy to notice what was behind them.
"GRAH".

sorry about the delay as I have not had internet access for a long time.
Chapter 19:
After the initial shock of all the hostile enemies, they soon learnt how to dispatch them quickly.
Ryan turned round and told the group "I'm gonna scout ahead for the spirit, okay?", and without further question walked off.
A few minutes later, she saw a bright flash of white light, and instantly thought of Ryan.
"Ryan, Ryan!" she called out, afraid that he had got himself into trouble.
She eventually found him standing there, obviously disorientated.
"What happened, are you okay?" Cora asked him.
"Yeah, I'm fine, let's just carry on" He replied.
By that time the others had caught up with them, si they carried on ahead.
It was several rooms later when they heard a someone fall to the ground.
Cora turned around instantly, and saw Ryan standing there, holding a knife covered in blood.
Sam was lying on the floor, convulsing in agony, while Ryan smiled and said with a voice that is not his own "hello Cora".

If this was a TV channel there would be an ad break, so I'll do the writer''s equivalent and end the chapter here

You can add my character if you want
Picture under the post
He has a wisp following him (The flying skull surrounded in blue fire)
The name is DarkLord, but you can name him Zack
Favourite weapons: Fire sword, vampire knives and flaming yoyos!

Attachments

• Capture 2016-07-15 13_14_09.png
    Capture 2016-07-15 13_14_09.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 145
Hey everyone, took a long break from forums, and will be back and trying to keep writing now, so in the next couple days will restart the writing.

Chapter 20: Posessed
"Ryan, what, what's going on" Cora stuttered.
"I'm not Ryan anymore"
he said, apparently not Ryan anymore, "I'm one of the spirit's that inhabits this foul place"
he continued with a certain bitterness in his tone. Cora
stepped forward, calling for the rest of her team, but one was injured, the other tending to him. Cora was stumped, there didn't seem any way to save Ryan without hurting him... unless... She advanced toward the wall forcing the spirit towards it.
"What are you doing?" the spirit said, confused. But Cora only smiled. It bumped against the wall, and Cora reached to the familiar darkness of shadows.

I hope there aren't any spelling mistakes, this wa typed on mobile.

Last edited:
Awesome story! Also, can you add my character?
Name: Red
Personality: Kind, but firm.
Abilities: Can create and launch blue energy orbs, can launch about three before drinking a potion.
Gear: Crimson set, Legendary blade of the east(muramasa), And an energy shuriken that always returns, and pierces infinitely.
Story: Originally a harpy, he had his wings cut off, and was sent down to earth by his fellows. Here, he explored a dungeon, and found his weapon of choice, the muramasa.(legendary reforge). He now forages to find civilization and a home.

Sorry if it was long

Back
Top Bottom