The Terrarian Restriction Challenge! (For a Burned Out Terrarian)

Mage-of-Rage

Duke Fishron
I've been playing Terraria for a long time now, ever since before 1.1 was a thing and only have gotten back into the community just recently and I feel pretty burned out. Usually when I feel burned out I try something new, make a new character, place some restrictions on myself or install some mods. But even still I just don't feel "in" to it anymore, if you get what I'm saying and multiplayer doesn't change much and there are not a lot of variation and large selection of Terraria servers out there unlike...say Minecraft or DayZ.

But then I got an idea, but I can't do it alone. That's where you guys come in in what I call...

[The Terrarian Restriction Challenge]

Mechanics:

As you can see the name has some working to do...The goal here is to suggest various restrictions on me may it be banning items (ex: can't use the Minishark) or certain strategies (ex: using lava traps) or more miscellaneous suggestions like: "make your house natured theme" or "never use the Nurse". As you can see the rules aren't very limiting, (though there are some restrictions in the Notes bellow).

Once a certain time has passed I'll pick some suggestions and use them in my next run of the game (and probably post my adventures here on the forums, not sure though)

Notes:
- You can suggest stuff that affect world gen such as crimson or corruption or the size of the world! You can even have me do a World Seed as long as you place the specifics of it.
- Make sure the game is still beatable under your restrictions or isn't to grindy or tedious like killing Duke Fishron with the Excalibur.
- I am not gonna do Hardcore
- You can suggest worlds and even characters of your own if you want by placing the files though remember I wanna start fresh, giving me a world that has all the stuff in it or a character that has good equipment even if it ain't OP at the start is counter-productive. (Though you cold justify it by placing a unique restriction on that certain character or world)
- This goes without saying but I wont be able to place EVERYTHING in this run so please don't be mad if your suggestion doesn't get chosen, just by posting is already a big help too me anyway.

Oh yeah if you guys want to use this thread to pick some restrictions or find ideas of your own go ahead! Ain't gonna hog all of this to myself ;)

Now go forth and suggest my fellow Terrarians!

Change your class each time you beat a boss! You can't pick the same two classes consecutively. (e.g. Melee -> Ranged -> Throwing -> Melee is okay, but Melee -> Ranged -> Melee isn't.) Try to make it so that you've used every possible "class" at least once by the end of the playthrough! (If you want to do Builder, use things like Boulders, Lava Traps, etc...)

• You can't use piercing weapons against the Destroyer.
  • You have to use melee against the Twins.
  • You can't disarm any of the traps in the dungeon or Lihzahrd Temple.

Am I trolling hard enough, yet? :naughty:

Well, I mean, they are semi-serious suggestions, but I honestly just picked them since they sounded like a pain-in-the-:red:.

• You can't use piercing weapons against the Destroyer.
  • You have to use melee against the Twins.
  • You can't disarm any of the traps in the dungeon or Lihzahrd Temple.
Am I trolling hard enough, yet? :naughty:

Well, I mean, they are semi-serious suggestions, but I honestly just picked them since they sounded like a pain-in-the-:red:.
I don't think the Daedulus bow can pierce from my knowledge, and that is a pretty standard method.

I don't think the Daedulus bow can pierce from my knowledge, and that is a pretty standard method.
Daedalus Bow + Holy Arrows, to be exact. The stars generated by the Holy Arrows pierce. With wooden arrows it would be half as effective at best... I imagine. I've never actually tested that. Though now I'm tempted to...

Daedalus Bow + Holy Arrows, to be exact. The stars generated by the Holy Arrows pierce. With wooden arrows it would be half as effective at best... I imagine. I've never actually tested that. Though now I'm tempted to...
I honestly thought they were explosions when I used them, though wiki confirms they do have some piercing. One other method I used to farm trophies is Fetid Bankgahs and a Star Veil. (Although, the Star Veil does pierce, I do not think it is significant except for the increased invincibility frames.

I also heard Meteor Staff was good.

I don't think we should discount Daedulus yet. Hellfire arrows can be bought (Although if we ixnay the exploding weapons, then I guess it would leave Bankgahs) from the demolitionist.

I honestly thought they were explosions when I used them, though wiki confirms they do have some piercing. One other method I used to farm trophies is Fetid Bankgahs and a Star Veil. (Although, the Star Veil does pierce, I do not think it is significant except for the increased invincibility frames.
The Cross Necklace gives the extra invincibility without the stars, so it could still be used.
I also heard Meteor Staff was good.

I don't think we should discount Daedulus yet. Hellfire arrows can be bought (Although if we ixnay the exploding weapons, then I guess it would leave Bankgahs) from the demolitionist.
Yeah, AoE effects could be pretty good. Even if I banned those and it was a Corruption world, you could still tank the Destroyer with a Cutlass. I've even managed that on expert mode, though it took a couple of tries.

The Cross Necklace gives the extra invincibility without the stars, so it could still be used.

Yeah, AoE effects could be pretty good. Even if I banned those and it was a Corruption world, you could still tank the Destroyer with a Cutlass. I've even managed that on expert mode, though it took a couple of tries.
Wiki states that the Starveil increases it to 3/2 of a second from 2/3, and both are easily crafted from normal mimics I believe.

Wiki states that the Starveil increases it to 3/2 of a second from 2/3, and both are easily crafted from normal mimics I believe.
Yes, it does, but the Cross Necklace does the exact same thing, just without the stars falling when you get hit, and the invincibility from the two doesn't stack.

I was
Yes, it does, but the Cross Necklace does the exact same thing, just without the stars falling when you get hit, and the invincibility from the two doesn't stack.

You misunderstood me, I meant to say the Star Veil doubles the invincibility time afforded to players, thus essentially being a direct upgrade to the Cross Necklace. You need the cross necklace and Star cloak to craft it anyway.

I don't mean to argue if I am being mean. I am sorry. :(

*Oh Wait, it doubled the original invincibility time, not that of the Lucky Cross used to craft it. My bad.

Tools like pickaxes and axes and Explosives like bombs & dynamite only. If ya really want you can use boulders, cannons and the flare gun too.

Back
Top Bottom