NPCs & Enemies The Titan Brain

How is the suggestion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inklingdude003

Plantera
This suggestion is early in development and will grow. I just don't have a spriter right now so this suggestion will probably die quick. Anyways, on with the suggestion.

You know something? Even though there is no Eater of Worlds in a Crimson world and the spawning item is crafted differently, the same thing pops up: the Destroyer. We need something else. My answer to this is the TITAN BRAIN! This guy is packed with 2 phases, 50K health, 30 damage and 50 defense (50 attack and 70 defense on Expert) and an insane battle. Let's start with an obvious statement I need to clear up: this guy is CRIMSON-EXCLUSIVE, and cannot be encountered in a Corruption biome. His summoning item, the Mechanical Brain, is crafted like a Mech Worm in a Crimson.

Okay, let's start. His first phase starts off with him flying around and teleporting here and there. He randomly summons groups of Titan Hunters, which home in on the player. They have 500 health with high attack and defense. They deal only melee damage, and they spawn in groups of 5 every 10 seconds. After 10 are on screen, that slows to every 20 seconds and with 15 on screen they no longer spawn. During this phase, the Titan Brain keeps his distance and shoots lasers - more and more, faster and faster as you lower his health - at you. When lowered to 25K health (40K on Expert due to his third phase) he turns to his second phase, which gets chaotic.

This is where the difficulty increases. He now spawns Titan Hunters (much less commonly) as well as Titan Shooters. The Titan Shooters, with 700 HP, 20 attack away from you, stand still for a second, and then fire lasers at you. They often try to keep a large distance from you. The Titan Brain's attack and defense increase to 40 and 55 respectively (60 attack and 75 defense on Expert). Now, instead of keeping a distance, the Titan Brain attempts to do melee damage. He also teleports. He also has the ability to fire lasers at you quickly. He stands still for a bit longer than the Titan Shooters, then basically shoots homing lasers towards you. When doing this his defense drops to 15 however he is hard to get close to when doing this attack. The lower his health drops the faster he spawns Titan Hunters and Shooters and the faster he rams and shoots lasers. Once dropped to 0 health, and and all his Hunters and Shooters die. But in Expert mode, he has a third phase. One that has tons of insanity.

In Expert Mode, when his health drops to 20K, his third and final phase starts.

When at 22K health, the screen turns black and suddenly a scream rings out. When the screen returns, the Titan Brain starts spawning "Mechanical Neurons" which have 1K health and quickly fire lasers at you. Rarely, they teleport to the Titan Brain to regenerate any lost health. They then go back to shoot lasers at you again and teleport to different sides of the screen to distract you while the Titan Brain is ramming you more than before, and teleporting away to stand still and let the Neurons regenerate health. While regenerating any Neurons, his attack and defense drop to 30 and 50 respectively. That is the time to get good amounts of damage. In Expert Mode when he dies, his Mechanical Neurons do as well.

The drops are the exact same as The Destroyer besides the Destroyer mask, which is replaced by the Titan Brain mask.

The following is some Behind the Scenes stuff, just skip it if you don't care :p

And that's my idea. This idea took quite a bit of time. The idea originated in November 2015, where originally there were 3 phases with the normal mode and ONE change to the Expert Mode. The Titan Hunters and Shooters were the first idea that really stuck along and went into the actual suggestion. Originally this boss's name was actually Mecha Brain but that changed in about 2 minutes. At one point I left my account behind and returned today to make a new suggestion. I was scrolling through my old conversations with a person I was cooperating with for some ideas for a mod and I eventually stumbled upon some idea I really liked that was left behind 8 months ago. I decided "this was a great idea, why did I leave it behind" and I started it up today. After an hour of writing this suggestion I've completed it. It was fun to write, really.

With my past suggestions, I've always had a different response than what I expected. Usually ideas I think will get a lot of support fail and get tons of backlash and the suggestions I think will get tons of backlash get supported like nothing else. As I'm writing this, I have no idea what response I'm gonna get. I feel like a lot of other people have done this suggestion type (I actually KNOW tons of people have done this exact sort of suggestion before) I just hope I put a unique enough spin on this one.

Well that's about it. I will be constantly updating this suggestion so any criticism I'll use.

Last edited:
Is it only me or this boss really so hard? Rapid-fire lasers, regenerating hp, chaotic teleporting, ramming and dashing, insane hp values... OK, let's make it equal to the Skeletron Prime, make the Destroyer Corruption-only and then add this guy. The loot table, should stay same, or maybe we can add alternative stuff to Destroyer-required ones...

His attacks are super insane, even more than Fishron, also the hp values are high too. The idea is making an alternative to The Destroyer(if not, please ignore my comments) and to make this the boss should be equal to Mechanicals in terms of stats(and may be attack pattern). My advice, as stated in above, making it equal to Skeletron Prime(not as boring) and then add this as an alternative to The Destroyer.

Simply my advice is lowering the stats, and maybe some attacks... To make it on Mechanical tier...

Okay I will fix up the attacks, HP Values, and other things to make this fight easier.
Too hard too "different" i think
What? So different is a bad thing now? If you're saying this is too different from the Destroyer think about how different the Corruption and Crimson are. More enemies, a completely different boss with no sign of relation to the Eater of Worlds, and more. But as I said I'll weaken this guy.

Okay I will fix up the attacks, HP Values, and other things to make this fight easier.

What? So different is a bad thing now? If you're saying this is too different from the Destroyer think about how different the Corruption and Crimson are. More enemies, a completely different boss with no sign of relation to the Eater of Worlds, and more. But as I said I'll weaken this guy.
I was "translating" what SteveisNoob said because you didnt understand the reason he said what he said
:D ( i thought) (yes... this is confusing)

but yeah we need a mechanical brain

But yeah it is geeewd (i would prefer another name though like, Confuser of dimensions or something very "creepy" sounding)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom