Weapons & Equip The Ultimate Keybrand

AlextheGreat545

Spazmatism
The keybrand is a pretty cool reference to an amazing series of games (Kingdom Hearts), but it is definitely lacking a bit at the point of the game in which it is obtainable. I was thinking that perhaps we could enhance it by crafting a Keybrand with some gems, as well as orichalcum or mythril bars (and maybe a broken hero sword or another advanced ingredient) to create an upgraded version that has more power, speed, and some kind of projectile ability - the Ultimate Keybrand.

This could be a nod to the Ultima Weapon Keyblade, which is among the strongest of keyblades in the series. The reason that I think the gems and bars mentioned should be used is because those are the ingredients used to craft this weapon in some of the KH games :)

It'd be awesome to hear some feedback about this idea! Anything you envision differently, or might this sound good as is? :joy:

Keybrand with some gems, as well as orichalcum or mythril bars (and maybe a broken hero sword or another advanced ingredient)
All of those can be obtained before the keybrand itself. It means the keybrand will stay as a useless sack of :red: no matter what. Buffing it would work just as well.

All of those can be obtained before the keybrand itself. It means the keybrand will stay as a useless sack of :red: no matter what. Buffing it would work just as well.
Sure, but the keybrand could also mainly be used as an ingredient and I did mean to say "or another advanced ingredient" to suggest something obtained later. Plus, it'd be an additional nod to FF/KH fans which is always nice!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this has been suggested many, many times. To be frank, this isn't one of the best improvements. As Freenight has stated, all materials involved in crafting this are available before the Keybrand, rendering the original Keybrand 2x as useless. Maybe the devs have noticed the attention this weapon gets and have already made improvements for 1.3.

Keybrand doesnt need a upgrade IMO, just a buff.

Keybrand is slightly better than Excalibur. The problem is,you cant obtain it until you defeat Plantera. And its also a rare drop from the dungeon. I see no reason to farm a 55 damage weapon when you can craft a stronger melee weapon out of chlorophyte. Im talking about the claymore. It might be slower but it deals much more damage and shoots a projectile ball thing. Or could just simply upgrade your Night's edge or Excalibur if you get lucky with a solar eclipse.

Keybrand WAS a good weapon and worth farming for until the Plantera requirement was added for the hardmode dungeon. Now its probably never going to be useful.

Back
Top Bottom