This Forum Should Use meta.discourse template

Confederation

Terrarian
I didn't found any category for forum suggestions and feedback, so here it goes 🤷‍♂️

Hello everyone, i want to suggest a change on this forum today

So, recently i discovered meta.discouse (wich is a free forum template that you can configure to make your own forum from it, more info below) and i tought that it could be pretty cool to use meta.discourse instead this forum (you will see below)

Why it should be changed? (In my opinion)

I think this forum is a bit disorganized and not as user friendly as it seems to be...

Some things are unnecessarily large or small and the page itself visually looks a bit "squashed"...
1614314254167.png

There is no introduction for new users of how to use the forum (or at least I have never seen an introduction)...
And it takes really much time to figure out how to use this forum...

I think the only way to change this could be to change the current forum template to meta.discouse, since it is much more user friendly and organized (you can also earn badges in it).

meta.discourse is also much more modern and easy to learn to use, it is also more customizable and you can change its background themes and stuff (it also has a dark theme)

meta.discourse info: Discourse - Civilized Discussion

So, thats all my feedback and suggestions about changes.

Discourse is not a forum template. It is a forum hosting site, that provides both front and back end. Migrating to an entirely different forum host is not a trivial matter and in no way like replacing a texture pack.

Also, Discourse is not free: Discourse pricing

I didn't found any category for forum suggestions and feedback, so here it goes 🤷‍♂️

So, recently i discovered meta.discouse (wich is a free forum template that you can configure to make your own forum from it, more info below) and i tought that it could be pretty cool to use meta.discourse instead this forum (you will see below)

I think this forum is a bit disorganized and not as user friendly as it seems to be...

Some things are unnecessarily large or small and the page itself visually looks a bit "squashed"...
View attachment 309842

There is no introduction for new users of how to use the forum (or at least I have never seen an introduction)...

I think the only way to change this could be to change the current forum template to meta.discouse, since it is much more user friendly and organized (you can also earn badges in it).

meta.discourse is also much more modern and easy to learn to use, it is also more customizable and you can change its background themes and stuff (it also has a dark theme)

Thanks for your suggestion @Confederation. `:) I don’t see a move like this as feasible.

It may be that you are used to the Discourse layout more than this layout, and that’s fine. It can take some time to get used to things here, just as it can take for any site to become more familiar with it, especially since there is a lot of information here.

An introduction is sent by conversation to every new member that includes a few helpful tips as well as linking the rules.

View attachment 309842

Most users don’t use all the features. They tend to stick to general areas that they like, such as RPs or profile posts
Not to mention, the moderators aren’t finished working on these forums.

Back
Top Bottom