Mac "This is not a valid housing" but actually meeting all the requirements... I think?

After beating all the bosses and acquiring the most valuable items (in my opinion) I decided to create a teleportation center which basically is an area with several teleports that well, teleports you to each existing biome in the map. I'm currently making a house for each teleport on each biome, though I have found myself with the following problem. I don't know why but some of the rooms I make are not "valid housing" and its stressful because they are actually bigger than the ones that are suitable. I already googled if I was doing something wrong and I did not find anything.

I'll leave you guys three screenshots of the houses I have created in which rooms are squared with blue (for suitable rooms) and red (for "this is not valid housing" rooms).

Hoping for a soon answer to this solution
- Bakermat :naughty:
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 6.55.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 6.54.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 6.56.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 6.55.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-19 at 6.54.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-19 at 6.56.11 PM.png

The two rooms in the first picture are invalid because of the stairs in the middle of the platform separating them (underneath the martian painting). Stairs don't count as a solid boundary, so they're both considered the same room, and the combined space is way too big. Fill in the space beneath them with flat platforms and the upper room should work. The lower room might still be too big.

For all three rooms, make double sure that there are walls behind all those wooden beams. Beams are not walls, even though they look like walls and block light like walls, and unseen gaps behind them can make the rooms invalid.

Back
Top Bottom