This is so annoying, weapon racks don't work

oscarswider

Terrarian
Every time I put a weapon in the weapon rack it seems the direction it faces is completely random, and then that weapon can only face that way on the weapon rack.

The direction the weapon faces when placed is determined by the direction you're facing when you first place it on the wall. If the weapon doesn't look the way you want it, take the weapon down, face the other direction, and place it again.

[Edit: Not a bug. Requested this to be moved to the In-Game Support section.]

The direction the weapon faces when placed is determined by the direction you're facing when you first place it on the wall. If the weapon doesn't look the way you want it, take the weapon down, face the other direction, and place it again.

[Edit: Not a bug. Requested this to be moved to the In-Game Support section.]
Doesn't work that wya for me. When I place it it chooses a random direction, and then no matter how many times I place it there, it will face the same way, even if I replace the weapon rack

Doesn't work that wya for me. When I place it it chooses a random direction, and then no matter how many times I place it there, it will face the same way, even if I replace the weapon rack

Clarification: The direction the item on the weapon rack faces is determined by the direction you're facing when you place the weapon rack, not the item. It just occurred to me that my initial explanation might have been a bit unclear.

Clarification: The direction the item on the weapon rack faces is determined by the direction you're facing when you place the weapon rack, not the item. It just occurred to me that my initial explanation might have been a bit unclear.
I don't think you're getting me. I tried facing different ways before I posted this thread. It didn't work. The item chooses one way to face, and then it will face that way no matter what direction I face, how high I am, how far. If I'm upside down. Nothing has worked.

I don't think you're getting me. I tried facing different ways before I posted this thread. It didn't work. The item chooses one way to face, and then it will face that way no matter what direction I face, how high I am, how far. If I'm upside down. Nothing has worked.

It's 100% consistent in its orientation. Try this: Get a weapon rack and a wooden sword. Face left, place the weapon rack on the wall, place the sword on it. The sword's blade will always point up to the left. Remove the weapon rack from the wall and place it while you're facing left again. When you place the sword on it again, it will still point up and left. Repeat this 10 times, a hundred, the result will be the same. Now do the opposite: Face right to place the weapon rack, and when you place the sword it will point up and to the right, every time.

It's 100% consistent in its orientation. Try this: Get a weapon rack and a wooden sword. Face left, place the weapon rack on the wall, place the sword on it. The sword's blade will always point up to the left. Remove the weapon rack from the wall and place it while you're facing left again. When you place the sword on it again, it will still point up and left. Repeat this 10 times, a hundred, the result will be the same. Now do the opposite: Face right to place the weapon rack, and when you place the sword it will point up and to the right, every time.
OOOH That makes more sense! I'll try that

I thought this thread was going to about how annoying it is to place weapons on a weapon rack because there's no delay between placing and breaking them.

Back
Top Bottom