Weapons & Equip This suggestion may put me in one of Chippy's videos

While being summoner we all usually Rush into BoC/EoW because of Sentries
So we all summoners need a pre Bosses Sentries
How to get?
Well this is also a love for desert
Since there is a sentry looking Enemy(Antlion) also it would be nice if we could make a Antlion staff
Tool tip
Antlion staff
4 summon damage
Very fast (Shoots Antlion eggs but its optional if you want it to spawn friendly Antlion lavars just like the queen spider staff)
Average knockback

Also recipe will only be
sturdy fossil-5
Antlion mandible 15
(Ik its easy but pre-bosses summoners need to grind both Jungle caves and snow biome caves so let it have something easy)

Last edited:
I think they should shoot sand like the antlion enemies, but that type of sand projectile doesn't place a sand block but instead gets destroyed

Oh, and it infinitely pierces like the sand ball

How to get?
Since there is a sentry looking Enemy(Antlion) also it would be nice if we could make a Antlion staff
Tool tip
Antlion staff
4 summon damage
Very fast (Shoots Antlion eggs but its optional if you want it to spawn friendly Antlion lavars just like the queen spider staff)
Average knockback

Also recipe will only be
sturdy fossil-5
Antlion mandible 15
(Ik its easy but pre-bosses summoners need to grind both Jungle caves and snow biome caves so let it have something easy)
No lol, 2 ooa sentries are not nearly important enough to "rush boc", maybe you would do it for obsid armour, but not sentries

Honestly I think with hondius shootius there are enough sentries pre hardmode

Still a sentry
Not quite.

A Sentry Gun is an automated weapon which uses laser designation to track and fire at its target, it is automated. The Snowball Launcher is manually fired, and does not track targets. If anything, it is a Gun Turret, not at all a sentry.

How to get?
Tool tip
Antlion staff
4 summon damage
Average knockback

Also recipe will only be
sturdy fossil-5
Antlion mandible 15

As for the suggestion, I'm quite a fan. Not only is it well put together, but it's something that's needed and wanted. For these reasons I support this idea!

Not quite.

A Sentry Gun is an automated weapon which uses laser designation to track and fire at its target, it is automated. The Snowball Launcher is manually fired, and does not track targets. If anything, it is a Gun Turret, not at all a sentry.

As for the suggestion, I'm quite a fan. Not only is it well put together, but it's something that's needed and wanted. For these reasons I support this idea!
I don't think it is well put together. Being able to place something behind walls to pick your enemies off super early game is really strong. If they balance around this the sentry would be really weak for general use.

I don't think it is well put together. Being able to place something behind walls to pick your enemies off super early game is really strong. If they balance around this the sentry would be really weak for general use.

Fair enough, and I may be blind and just not seeing it, but what makes you think it can shoot through walls?
As a side note, I don't feel like a sentry at 4dmg and 0pen is all that strong. It does less overall than the Finch staff (not a sentry but still a summon). Would you disagree? What would you change to make it better?

Fair enough, and I may be blind and just not seeing it, but what makes you think it can shoot through walls?
As a side note, I don't feel like a sentry at 4dmg and 0pen is all that strong. It does less overall than the Finch staff (not a sentry but still a summon). Would you disagree? What would you change to make it better?
You can place sentries behind walls.

I would simply not add a pre boss sentry. Not every subclass needs to be completable/viable with only using the subclass.

You can place sentries behind walls.
I can't debate this, I have no knowledge on the topic.

I would simply not add a pre boss sentry. Not every subclass needs to be completable/viable with only using the susubclass.
There are 3 endgame armors, one of them being summoner armor. Not to mention an entire weapon type solely benificial to summoners. Summoner is not a subclass, it is a full on class. With Summoner being a main class, as depicted by the game, I don't see why it shouldn't be completable or viable.

Even the Wiki states summoner as a full class.

I can't debate this, I have no knowledge on the topic.

There are 3 endgame armors, one of them being summoner armor. Not to mention an entire weapon type solely benificial to summoners. Summoner is not a subclass, it is a full on class. With Summoner being a main class, as depicted by the game, I don't see why it shouldn't be completable or viable.

Even the Wiki states summoner as a full class.
I am talking about sentries as a subclass

Also "even the wiki" is a bad argument for opinion based things since its maintained by regular players.

I am talking about sentries as a subclass
Fair enough.

Also "even the wiki" is a bad argument for opinion based things since its maintained by regular players.
If you have a better source of information im happy to hear it. I used the wiki to support my statement on Summoner not being a subclass, that isn't opinion, it is not a subclass. I missunderstood though, as I didn't realise you were talking about sentry summons specifically.

Either way, I'll digress, as this thread isn't about what is/isn't a subclass. If you'd like to continue the debate we can take it dm or something. Wither way, thanks for staying respectful through our conversation!

Fair enough.

If you have a better source of information im happy to hear it. I used the wiki to support my statement on Summoner not being a subclass, that isn't opinion, it is not a subclass. I missunderstood though, as I didn't realise you were talking about sentry summons specifically.

Either way, I'll digress, as this thread isn't about what is/isn't a subclass. If you'd like to continue the debate we can take it dm or something. Wither way, thanks for staying respectful through our conversation!
I, and most people, would agree that summoner it a fully fledged class. However for some things the wiki is just bad in it's classification.

Example: sorting mage weapons by subclasses on the mage weapons page for no reason

Back
Top Bottom