Other Three minor QoL suggestions for 1.4: (with some inspiration from Minecraft!)

Techdude594

Skeletron Prime
Hey Terrarians, I have three very small QoL suggestions, with some inspiration from Minecraft.

1.) A pick block function, similar to what Minecraft has. I feel that it would be nice to have a function like this in Terraria for when you are building a structure with a large block palette, or when you are using a large quantity of one type of block, such as filling in an area with dirt. In Minecraft, it's nice to have this feature because you don't have to manage items in your inventory, you can just keep building with whatever blocks you are using, just with a simple middle mouse click! When middle clicking on a tile with the cursor (for example, if you middle click on a boreal wood chest tile, boreal wood chests would appear in your hotbar), the item would appear in your hotbar. It would replace any item that is not favorited in your hotbar. The button doesn't necessarily have to be middle mouse click, but since it isn't bound to anything else, I think it would be a useful addition.

2.) Statistics page. Once again, another suggestion from Minecraft. Since we are getting a bestiary in 1.4, I think it would be nice to see even more stats during your playthrough. Total enemies killed, number of deaths, blocks mined, damage dealt, number of times you used a specific item, etc. A very simple stats page would be nice for all the stat junkies out there.

3.) Let us see our active buffs while the inventory is open, and let us see the remaining duration. Sometimes, you might want to have your inventory open while you have buffs active, such as sorting your inventory while fishing, swapping around ammo during a fight, etc. I just think it would be nice to see buffs in the inventory so we can know when they can expire, or if we want to refresh them, etc.

That's all, thanks for reading. Can't wait for 1.4 regardless, what a great way to cap off such an amazing game!

Back
Top Bottom