tAPI Tile Behavior Help

blushiemagic

Retinazer
tModLoader
As a complete beginner to modding Terraria, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get a tile to behave the way I want it to using tAPI. First of all, I want it to emit light like a torch does, although not as bright; second of all, I want it to inflict the burning debuff, similar to hellstone. However, I can't find any information at all about creating tiles. For emitting light, I'm trying to override the ModifyLight method from ModTileType, although I'm not sure what to do there, and I'm not even sure if I'm on the right track. For the burning debuff, I'm at a complete loss on what to do. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Edit: I found out why the lighting wasn't working; it turns out I had to capitalize my file names. But I've still got no idea how to apply the burning debuff; any ideas?

Edit 2: I finally managed to make my tile burn the player like hellstone. For those of you who want to do the same thing, here's a hint: you'll need to make a class override ModPlayer, then override either the MidUpdate or PostUpdate method (I don't think it matters). Then you'll need to borrow some code from Collisions.HurtTile, and the part of the Player class that calls that method.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom