Tips when starting Calamity Mod?

First things first, I recommend opening the wiki page. The Wulfrum items can get you quite powered up quite quick. After that, consider fighting the Desert Scourge, as it drops many great items such as the Barinade. (I recommend a group of platforms scattered around to grapple around with). One part of Calamity bosses is that you need to be FAST. Hermes Boots, Non-Modded Wings (As they tend to slow down horizontal speed), Various Mounts, etc. should help you against fast bosses such as Cryogen in hardmode. Mobility is key to Calamity Mod. I recommend fighting some bosses multiple times such as Desert Scourge and Slime God, as they have lots of amazing drops. In hardmode you will need to power up, and much QUICKER than normal. (Speed seems to be a theme in this mod). You'll need to get really powered up and use items that are very powerful and can be grabbed from the beginning of hardmode. (Beam Sword, Daedalus Stormbow, etc.) I'm sorry but that's pretty much all I've got. Happy to help though.

Okay, let's see... read the wiki, seriously, most of the mod's features aren't documented inside it. As Modiceai said, mobility is hugely important, and if you neglect it you're going to be utterly miserable. Prepare, prepare, prepare. Potions, buff stations, arenas. You're going to need every last edge you can get, no matter how tiny.

Whatever you do, don't forget storage space. The mod adds a huge amount of items and resources that you're going to want as much of as possible, and all of that requires storage space. Don't ever discard or sell an item marked 'material' because you're probably going to want it later. If you're unsure about anything, check the wiki. It's usually up-to-date and almost always helpful, if only to a degree.

Okay, let's see... read the wiki, seriously, most of the mod's features aren't documented inside it. As Modiceai said, mobility is hugely important, and if you neglect it you're going to be utterly miserable. Prepare, prepare, prepare. Potions, buff stations, arenas. You're going to need every last edge you can get, no matter how tiny.

Whatever you do, don't forget storage space. The mod adds a huge amount of items and resources that you're going to want as much of as possible, and all of that requires storage space. Don't ever discard or sell an item marked 'material' because you're probably going to want it later. If you're unsure about anything, check the wiki. It's usually up-to-date and almost always helpful, if only to a degree.
What I meant about opening the wiki is so you can see the weapons that you can get and it makes it a ton easier to plan what accessories and weapons you're going to obtain next. Also I when I was writing I forgot about the fact that a lot of content mods need lots of storage and sorting.

Back
Top Bottom