Other Title screen enhancements

Was this good?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ominick

Terrarian
Alright let's get right to it:

• Terraria has small chance to be misspelt. (Tereria, Turrarria, Terrrrrrrrr.)
  • Bosses can rarely be seen roaming around in the background, to avoid spoilers, only defeated bosses may appear.
  • Typing a swear word into your character or world name makes redigit's face appear and look dissappointedly at you.
  • Wyverns can be relatively often seen flying across the sky.
  • Granite golems can be seen roaming on the ground. Note that they're just an example of creatures that are easy to see "roaming", any creature should of course be possible, perhaps all creatures that have been seen by the player are possible.
  • The last two, as suggested by SteveisNoob should be toggleable in the settings.
  • Theo has also suggested that terraria's logo has a chance to appear in minecraft's style (and perhaps vice versa?).
There we go!
What did you think?

Long additional suggestions:

Roblitzmanguy:
It would be nice to have biomes other than Purity at day and Corruption at night.
Pure, hallowed, and jungle biomes would appear at day (hallowed only if a hardmode world is present), whereas mushroom, corruption, and crimson biomes appear (mushroom is also hardmode-only) at night. A random background from any matching biome will then be shown.

Rare Background additions
upload_2016-4-15_18-12-13.png

Also, each theme has a relevant logo, like that displayed on the forums or soundtracks. Or the ones displayed right now.

Last edited:
Terraria has small chance to be misspelt. (Tereria, Turrarria, Terrrrrrrrr.)
Typing a swear word into your character or world name makes redigit's face appear and look dissappointedly at you
These ones are really good, I love them :)
You can grab the sun or moon and quickly drag and release to throw it in any direction, momentarily speeding up or reversing the day/night cycle.
This is applied on the current title screen, so what's the point?
Bosses can rarely be seen roaming around in the background, to avoid spoilers, only defeated bosses may appear.
Wyverns can be relatively often seen flying across the sky.
Granite golems can be seen roaming on the ground.
Sounds interesting, but I think it should be something that can be toggled on/off.

It would be nice to have biomes other than Purity at day and Corruption at night.
Pure, hallowed, and jungle biomes would appear at day (hallowed only if a hardmode world is present), whereas mushroom, corruption, and crimson biomes appear (mushroom is also hardmode-only) at night. A random background from any matching biome will then be shown.

Rare Background additions
Name|Time|Prerequisites|Notes
Blood Moon|Night|Character with 120+ HP|No mushroom biomes
Slime Rain|Any|World with King Slime defeated|Lasts one title day cycle
Water Rain|Any|N/A| See Slime Rain
Martians|Any|Post-Martian world|See Slime Rain, and special, martian-styled logo
Solar Eclipse|Day|Eclipse-possible world|Special eclipse-styled logo
Any lunar Pillar|Night|Post-ML world|Special, lunar-styled logo
Also, each theme has a relevant logo, like that displayed on the forums or soundtracks. Or the ones displayed right now.

Also, the misspelling reminds me of Minceraft, that misspelled block-building game related to Minecraft.

I have asked in the past for holiday-themed logos, but this is much more thought out. I want that and this so bad.

Also, different enemies should be able to walk past, not just granite golems.

I am liking.

My suggestion to add to the bunch is this; there could be a miniscule chance that Terraria's logo appears in Minecraft's style (and vice versa maybe?).

Back
Top Bottom