tMod Loader

0v3rl0rd

Spazmatism
I recently got tmod loader and started playing Thorium. I use steam, but the problem is, I don't know how to play normal Terraria as well. I think I could just delete the tmod loader, but I don't want to do that every time. Anyone know a way to play normal Terraria with tmod loader installed? thanks.

Just launch the respective .exe file. You can do this easily by right click dragging the exe to the desktop to make a shortcut. One for vanilla, one for tmod. They should have different Icons, and if you followed the normal install, you should still have a backup of the vanilla in the steam terraria directory. If not, use steam to get it back.

Okay, I saw the insturctions to backup my terraria runner, but I didn't know which one Steam uses, so I skipped it. There are 2 though, called Terraria.exe and Terraria_v1.3.2.1.exe. What's the diffrerence?! I tried running both of them, but nothing happened. How would I use steam to recover my vanilla terraria loader? Would i just have to uninstall it and reinstall? thanks. btw, I use ubunutu. does that change anytthing...?

Okay, I saw the insturctions to backup my terraria runner, but I didn't know which one Steam uses, so I skipped it. There are 2 though, called Terraria.exe and Terraria_v1.3.2.1.exe. What's the diffrerence?! I tried running both of them, but nothing happened. How would I use steam to recover my vanilla terraria loader? Would i just have to uninstall it and reinstall? thanks. btw, I use ubunutu. does that change anytthing...?
oh, well on linux, you'll have to rename the .exe files back and forth because it's weird. Basically, whichever one you want to run should be Terraria.exe. Terraria_v1.3.2.1.exe is the vanilla backup and Terraria.exe right now is your tmodloader.

Ok, so I figured out how to get vanilla terraria back, but I still don't know how steam works. Like, what does it do when I hit run? Which launcher deos it use...? I can't run anything from my steam folders, when I click run, nothing happens. I have wine windows program loader, does that affect anything? should i be using java....? I'm so sorry if I sound dumb, but that's because I am pretty dumb when it comes to computer stuff. :( I guess I could just verify my game cache for vanilla nd then install tmod everytime I want to switch if I can't figure it out.
[doublepost=1472326792,1472326523][/doublepost]This is a screen shot of my terraria game folder. (ignore the modstuffs folder, I was trying something.)

Attachments

• Terraria game folder.png
    Terraria game folder.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 271
Well, great news! turns out I was just thickheaded and did not understand a word you said. anyways, with your help and my friend's help, I figured it out! Thank you very much!

Hello every one i have been working on a mod which currently contains: 14 new items, 22 weapons (some without crafting path), 2 armour sets in need of fix up's, 1 block that need re-spriting, 4 enimy NPCs and 1 boss (this needs work). i have now come to a point where i need a proper coder so i was wondering if anyone would like to help me code my new mod, you will be put into the credits

my Terraria .png
Hello,
When i starting terraria server its crashes, now its not crashes its just types 'starting server'
Then i looking too client-crashlog.txt
2016-09-03 09:42:48
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName='tModLoaderServer.exe', CommandLine='-autoshutdown -password "" -lang 1 -x86 -world "/home/arnoldas/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/Worlds/Builder.wld" -steam -localsteamid 76561198159422975', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
at Terraria.Social.Steam.NetClientSocialModule.LaunchLocalServer (System.Diagnostics.Process process, ServerMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.Main.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I don't why hes crashes.
I am using Linux 16.04
Terraria version 1.3.2.1
Please help me!

View attachment 137777 Hello,
When i starting terraria server its crashes, now its not crashes its just types 'starting server'
Then i looking too client-crashlog.txt
2016-09-03 09:42:48
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName='tModLoaderServer.exe', CommandLine='-autoshutdown -password "" -lang 1 -x86 -world "/home/arnoldas/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/Worlds/Builder.wld" -steam -localsteamid 76561198159422975', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
at Terraria.Social.Steam.NetClientSocialModule.LaunchLocalServer (System.Diagnostics.Process process, ServerMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.Main.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I don't why hes crashes.
I am using Linux 16.04
Terraria version 1.3.2.1
Please help me!
Servers only work on Windows for now.

But server will be maked for linux?
I dunno. It's some compilation issue, we don't really know the problem, nor do any of the people on the team use linux, so it's not something we can figure out without a lot of back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom