[tModLoader] Early Magic

Annelmeye

Spazmatism
Hi! This is like, my first post here... ...so, completely ignoring that, here's some early magic tomes.

TeeGQAd.png
Razor Leaf
Noxkpm9.gif

This tome fires leaves at a very fast rate, dealing 7 damage and with extremely weak knockback, costing 4 mana every leaf.
Recipe is 25 Wood, 3 Fallen Stars, and 1 Emerald.

xjR2UtJ.png
Spore Trap
7Ycw1u2.gif

This tome leaves a spore in it's place (it's pretty much Truffle's attack but usable by yourself), that deals 18 damage with strong knockback, costing 10 mana with every use.
Recipe is 50 Glowing Mushrooms, 6 Fallen Stars, and 2 Sapphire.

BFYoP05.png
Cosmic Shower
SPLTF2t.gif

This tome rains stars from above, dealing 13 or so approximate damage (listed damage is 7), costing 8 mana every star.
Recipe is 1 Starfury, 9 Fallen Stars, and 3 Diamonds.
(very unsure about the balance of this one)

Main download : http://bit.ly/1P0mBEd
Source download : http://bit.ly/1IYCElI

...and remember to give feedback, because I really am not sure about the balance of these. Oh, and suggestions would be nice, too!

V0.1. Put up for download
V0.2. Tomes nerfed
V0.3. Added Cosmic Shower

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but for weapons THAT early they seems quite OP. I'd say lower the damage of the Razor Leaf to about 3-7 dmg each (make it more random), since 2 mana each really is nothing. I'm not sure about Spore Trap. Once you find a mushroom biome it's really easy to get 25 glowing mushrooms, and the damage is really high. I'd say nerf that too, but you can also lower the mana cost in that case to about 8 or 10.

I'm not sure, but for weapons THAT early they seems quite OP. I'd say lower the damage of the Razor Leaf to about 3-7 dmg each (make it more random), since 2 mana each really is nothing. I'm not sure about Spore Trap. Once you find a mushroom biome it's really easy to get 25 glowing mushrooms, and the damage is really high. I'd say nerf that too, but you can also lower the mana cost in that case to about 8 or 10.
Thanks for the feedback! I've lowered both of the tome's damage and heightened Razor Leaf's mana cost and lowered Spore Trap's mana cost, and made Spore Trap slightly harder to craft.

Thanks for the feedback! I've lowered both of the tome's damage and heightened Razor Leaf's mana cost and lowered Spore Trap's mana cost, and made Spore Trap slightly harder to craft.
Good! I really like this though! I've always felt early-game lacked magic. No longer having to get lucky finding a water bolt pre-Skeletron!

Oooh! looking good! just add a bit more content and you have yourself a great mod my friend! just be very careful about balance.

i cant install this ;-; early magic sounds pretty amazing, but iv tried everything to install and its not showing up..halp plz?

You should probably distribute your mod in a compiled form instead of as a source, to avoid people stealing parts of your code. If you want it to be open source, offer both a (main) compiled version to download, and a second source version of the mod.

I just added one new tome, Cosmic Shower. I get the feeling it's quite unbalanced, so I'd like opinions on it.

I noticed how you had one of them shoot DOWN at your cursor, how did you do that? (Im pretty new to modding/coding)

I noticed how you had one of them shoot DOWN at your cursor, how did you do that? (Im pretty new to modding/coding)
That's just how the Starfury projectile works. Haven't figured out if it's possible to do with any other projectiles, to be honest :p

@Annelmeye Maybe you can help with with something im working on? Its practically (and literally) just a concept right now and I could use some ideas/help.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439186218,1439186177][/DOUBLEPOST]Although only if you have time of course, managing a mod must be time consuming.

This looks like an incredible mod and very useful hope it continues and good luck with further development i will definetly check this out and be playing with it

dude

you've already been answered on this

Book of Skulls is this thing you seem so bent on having a modder make for you
it does what you want
No need to be so aggressive towards the poor guy.

EDIT: And if you mean that he already requested said spell, I don't see his original post so I have to disagree with you.

Back
Top Bottom