[tModLoader] Early Magic

No need to be so aggressive towards the poor guy.

EDIT: And if you mean that he already requested said spell, I don't see his original post so I have to disagree with you.
he's asked it in several other tMod threads

and if my method of answering is so abhorrent then there's a report button to let mods decide if i'm breaking rules

EDIT* Also in the other thread i've seen him request it he was given the exact same answer, so it seems to me like he was just "Oh thats not what I want to hear, lets go bother someone else with this" It may not have been his intention, but from my perspective it didn't look very good, and I may have been rather hostile in my approach, but he still got his answer again.

Last edited:
I looked through every single post I've made and found nothing about it except on this thread.

Also, I am really enjoying the spore trap spell. You put them everywhere and nothing can get to you! Well, most enemies in prehardmode.

and if my method of answering is so abhorrent then there's a report button to let mods decide if i'm breaking rules

EDIT* Also in the other thread i've seen him request it he was given the exact same answer, so it seems to me like he was just "Oh thats not what I want to hear, lets go bother someone else with this" It may not have been his intention, but from my perspective it didn't look very good, and I may have been rather hostile in my approach, but he still got his answer again.
It's not that you're breaking any rules, you just need to take it down a notch.

Well

The thing is that you cant make custom projectiles.You can only use existing ones and modify the wepaon to balance them.Although the npc projectiles act like player projectiles so they can be used as if they were custom projectiles.

I really like cosmic shower. I'm not sure about the damage, I mean it shouldn't be too weak either you know! The only problem is, 1 gravi. potion and a bit of luck and you can get that really early on. Then it could be quite OP. But then again, there's more OP things in this game (for example me getting a bashnaks right after entering HM from my first mimic, I could instantly solo Destroyer)

honestly im loving the idea of "early" magic, because simply theres so many spells/effects that you can only get post hardmode/plantara and its sad :(
i hope you keep doing this :D

I really appreciate that you left a source download. Thanks! I've been trying to get into modding.

The mod looks really good too. Downloading!

also maybe create a slime projectile that functions like the fire flower
maybe a slime aqua sceptre
maybe another dungeon chest magic item

corruption, crimson and hallow spells
pre hardmode
two other spells that you can craft from the two evils eg a worm fang shotgun/fleshball frag grenade type spells
(not possible currently) prehard mode summons mini worms and (of course) mini brains
hardmode alternitives
new ichor cursed flame and crystal spells as well as the originals
[DOUBLEPOST=1439654395,1439654367][/DOUBLEPOST]
This was before the update.
oh, sorry

the razor leaf is too op, is better than diamond staff and more easy to make it, better than spore trap and easiest, he needs be nerfed no?

Hi! This is like, my first post here... ...so, completely ignoring that, here's some early magic tomes.

TeeGQAd.png
Razor Leaf
Noxkpm9.gif

This tome fires leaves at a very fast rate, dealing 7 damage and with extremely weak knockback, costing 4 mana every leaf.
Recipe is 25 Wood, 3 Fallen Stars, and 1 Emerald.

xjR2UtJ.png
Spore Trap
7Ycw1u2.gif

This tome leaves a spore in it's place (it's pretty much Truffle's attack but usable by yourself), that deals 18 damage with strong knockback, costing 10 mana with every use.
Recipe is 50 Glowing Mushrooms, 6 Fallen Stars, and 2 Sapphire.

BFYoP05.png
Cosmic Shower
SPLTF2t.gif

This tome rains stars from above, dealing 13 or so approximate damage (listed damage is 7), costing 8 mana every star.
Recipe is 1 Starfury, 9 Fallen Stars, and 3 Diamonds.
(very unsure about the balance of this one)

Main download : http://bit.ly/1P0mBEd
Source download : http://bit.ly/1IYCElI

...and remember to give feedback, because I really am not sure about the balance of these. Oh, and suggestions would be nice, too!

["Changelog"]
V0.1. Put up for download
V0.2. Tomes nerfed
V0.3. Added Cosmic Shower
Man these look great.

I don't think you have the clearance to say that?

I usually forget the gem staffs are in the game in the first place... oops.
1. I was only joking "pouty-ness activated" (why you gotta be so ru-ooo-de)
2.simply increase the cost of the recipe there are already starting magic items soooo yeah.

Back
Top Bottom