[tModLoader] New Era

WhiteWolf93

Terrarian
Welcome to New Era Mod!
I'm WhiteWolf and I post this soon to get some feedback / suggestions, also I'm looking
for a good spriter that could help with armor / enemies / bosses sprites in the near future.

If you wanna suggest something read the content first!

THIS IS A WIP AND THERE IS NOT ENOUGH CONTENT DONE YET
SO YOU MAY WAIT FOR A DOWNLOAD UNTIL I HAVE AT LEAST
PRE-HARDMODE CONTENT DONE.

All of this is what is supposed to be at the end, green means done, white means not done yet or for the future, yellow means in progress.

There is a lot more content that what is showed in the thread, but all of that are ideas, I started this a week ago, I'm looking for some help as it is a big mod and my first mod of terraria.
I'm using tModLoader that it is also WIP so dont be rude :v, open to ideas right now. Sorry, cant post more pictures than bunny armor right now (and the texture needs some tweaks too).

Features
12 Bosses
21 MiniBosses
2 New important Events (like the Moonlord Event)
3 New Biomes
2 New Dungeons
1 New Mode after Hardmode
6+ New Sets
Lots of new Accesories and other stuff

Maybe and only maybe, new Card System for collection and usage (they give effects when equipped in new slots)

Full content will be moved to the wiki soon.

How the Game works now:

Lets start on pre-hardmode, now the second boss is not chutulu, it is Enraged Giant Bunny, the angler will no longer give you the bunny mount, instead you can get it from the Enraged Giant bunny, also he drops some good stuff for the early game.
Then when you wanna go to the underworld (the hell), you can try to beat Snow Fury and get some obsidian to make the Dragon Armor and have a better and safe journey to the hell and defeat wall of flesh, Snow Fury is as hard as wall of flesh but you dont have to prepare a platform like with wall of flesh or do too much.

Now in hardmode, every weapon from moonlord and cultist events are nerfed, why you may ask, because they are made to be end-game weapons so they are not balanced, they will be balanced to make lunatic mode accesible and not killing instantly every boss, also they will be good enough to be the best of hardmode end.

Kraken is now the alternative to The Destructor for Crimsom biomes and Leviathan gives you a little advantage for the martial event and the cultist and moon lord as it is a post duke boss.

Then cerberus and The Awakening are the end of the hardmode so make sure you know you are ready to that, because once you defeat The Awakening you wont be able to go to the hell or corruption until you get some big progress.
Make teleporters to the jungle or farm what you want to have.

Anyway The Awakening will drop you something to survive The Void.

Lets talk about The Awakening and Lunatic Mode. It works same as Wall of Flesh but it flies vertically from the bottom of the world to the sky where you opened the Hell Door (that appears once you defeat Moon Lord), you need to make a big hole and fly with your mount while you fight with him.

But the thing is... When you defeat him you cant go to the hell or the corruption as it is Lunatic Mode now.

Once Lunatic Mode is set up, the corruption cant be stopped, not even by the hallow, and everything becomes corrupt. A new biome appears somewhere in the corruption, it is The Void, and the Jungle converts into Garden, some mix between the Jungle and Hallow. Also, the Hell transforms into The Deeps and everything is burn with black fire so you cant stand there.

You cant get into The Void because it is always at night and it is raining, acid rain, you need a Garden Armor at least to be able to survive there, also it is a really dangerous biome, it expands as the corruption does in hardmode.

Also the Corrupt Moon will be announced randomly when the night comes and you have at least 75% of the world corrupted (and that happens on Lunatic mode easily).

So you need to defeat every boss to get a gem, craft the New Era Gem when and talk with the Dryad, if you have it in the inventory she will tell you "This night is gonna be the last", and then at night the New Era event will start.

New Era event consists in 4 phases, the first one is the passive one.
4 Lost Tree Sapplings appear on the world (in the same place as the pillars), some enemys appears then but nothing to worry about, but those sapplings will start to gain health until they can grow, you need to kill them before they become an Horror Tree, if they do, they will be harder to kill, when you kill all of them the second phase will start, the last boss will be spawned after you beat the 4th phase.

Thats all I think.
Future Updates (downloadable)
Update v.0.1

-Add Bunny and Corrupt Bunny drops - Complete
-Add Enraged Giant Bunny Spawn Item - Complete
-Add Peaceful Gun - Complete
-Add Bunny Armor - Complete
-Add Treasure Bag for Enraged Giant Bunny - Complete
-Add Dragon Scales - Complete
-Add Dragon Fist - Complete
-Add Stormfury Staff - Complete
-Add Dragon Shield - Complete
-Add Spawning item for Snow Fury - Complete
-Add Card Bag and Card functionality - Complete
-Add Small Dragon Wings - Complete
-Add Spore Sac of Confusion - Complete
-Add Enraged Giant Bunny Expert Accesory
-Add Snow Fury Expert Accesory
-Add Dragon Pickaxe
-Add Dragon Axe
-Add Dragon Spear
-Add Slime Cards
-Add Zombie Cards
-Add Critter Cards
-Add Shield of The Gods
-Add the Baby Dragons
-Add the Ice Dragons
-Add Ice Spikes
-Add Snow Fury Spawning Tile
-Add Ice Dungeon Tiles and Walls
-Add Snow Fury Minibiome
-Add Enraged Bunny
-Add Enraged Giant Bunny
-Add Snow Fury
-Add Dragon Boots
-Add other cards for prehardmode NPCs
-Add the Town NPC Veterinarian
-Add the hatchery
-Add the Town NPC Librarian
-Add the Card Lottery Ticket
-Add other stuff for cards.​

Last edited:
The blizzard staff drops off the frost moon and is in vanilla.
Seems like I need to find a new name to the staff then, I will update tomorrow with some new stuff, also I retexturized the bunny armor in a better way, I may be working on Snow Fury Stuff before finishing the Peaceful Gun because I need to wait to the next tModLoader version for custom projectiles (bunny projectile), but seems like I can do the staff and the Dragon Fist.

Here is a preview of the bunny armor with and without mount (the mount from vanilla)
jodE7.png
jodPE.png

Nightmare pegaso? Hnnnnnngngggggggg :red: yeah i'm gonna be a headless horseman!
The Nightmare armor gives you no head, the Nightmare pegaso + the nightmare armor + nightmare wings is the full set, so headless with a powerful nightmare pegaso flying the sky :D, but you may wait for that, its something from the Lunatic mode and the first release will be pre-hardmode stuff :v, may be not be that long though.

Im right now during holidays so i dont have pc right now, ill back on sunday, a lot of new content on the list like accesories and enemies, sorry for being late, i cant work without my pc lol, the download will be there when i finish with the prehardmode stuff, its not that much so you wont wait so long. I will write about this when I back, still looking for someone that could draw the armors.

Yeah, an spriter, but may be good sprites, if you can show any sprite you did before anything it would be great, I can do good sprites but not with armors at all.
Anyway, I'm back! That means i'll update these days ~

Here is a preview of the Dragon Fist weapon, its one of the best for pre-hard mode, it can survive (almost) hardmode blood moon, may be nerfed if needed.
joiFo.gif

Now, about accesories, as in terraria there are a lot of accesories and you can't wear all of them, so what I'm doing are new accesories based that can be crafted with vanilla accesories, expert accesories are now material, for example, mixing spore sac and brain of confusion you can make the spore sac of confusion (long name lol), that creates spores like the spore sac but they have a chance to confuse enemies, also it is faster and better.

There are new accesories that may be obtained with bosses or other stuff, right now there are wings for pre-hardmode, they dont allow you to fly, instead you can glide and negate fall damage, and they are material for better wings on the hardmode.

There is no pic yet because i just finished this today lol and the spore sac of confusion needs custom proyectiles (this update).

Enemies and minibiomes will take longer than other stuff, so for now, i'm working with the ai outside terraria (with xna), snowfury:
jLUVP.png

I have already the animation but still need to wait to the next update :/, biomes, custom projectiles, enemies, i will be able to work on them on the next update, so for now.

-Accesories.
-Boss / Enemies Drops
-Sprites

Well, thanks all for follow this! Sorry, it will take a bit xD

Im have not sprited an armor, but I Think I will be fine.

Attachments

• Pixiecorn.png
    Pixiecorn.png
    483 bytes · Views: 289
Yey, thats fine for me, do you have skype or anything so we can talk about it? PM me if you have skype, steam is fine too.

I will post later the new accesories and items here (maybe at night).

Some big update!

Not yet download though :v

First of all I updated the first post with the current progress so you can see how much time will it take. Also I will move the full content to a wiki soon so you can see exactly what everything does in detail.

Okay now, about the update and the changes.

I decided to do the sprites my self (I found a good way to sprite them xD), so new content is done:

-Peaceful Gun: Dropped by the Enraged Giant Bunny, uses Bunnies as ammo (they are ammo now lol), shoot a bunny that will distract enemies or confuse them (some are immunes) or deal damage with it.

As this is one of the first guns you will have (even before the musket), the veterinarian will make your life easier with the hatchery, where you can get bunnies easily.

-Dragon Fist: Crafted with scales and Dragon Essence, dropped by Snow Fury, it shoots 3 projectiles that deals damage to nearby enemies (they look for enemies), it is a melee weapon but and does not consume mana.

-Stormfury Staff: Old name was Blizzard staff but changed it due to another staff with the same name in vanilla, Shoots a Blizzard that slowly knocks enemies while dealing damage, it has a chance to freeze them, crafted the same way as Dragon Fist.

-Dragon Armor: Crafted in the same way as the other Dragon Stuff, gives you immunity to fire, chilled and frozen debuffs and LAVA, so it is a good way if you wanna beat Wall of Flesh without a platform, it is the end armor of prehardmode (slightly better than the hellstone armor), also gives you penetration.

-Small Dragon Wings: This may be a bit polemic I think but lets go, pre-hardmode wings, they allow you to glide but not to fly, as they are not big enough, dropped sometimes by Snow Fury.

-Spore Sac of Confusion: Do you remember that Brain of Confusion that almost everybody forget when you get to hardmode? This is an upgrade for both, Spore Sac and Brain of Confusion, you spawn spores that target enemies and confuse them sometimes, it also does more damage thant the spore sac and the spores are faster.

And finally, the best and biggest thing, listen carefully because this is not only an item, I didn't say anything about this because I wasnt sure I could do it but found a way yesterday:

Every NPC in the world of Terraria has a chance from 1% to 10% to drop a Card of itself, similar to banners but they are not like that, if it is a Green Slime it will drop a Green Slime Card, if it is Wall of Flesh, Wall of Flesh Card, that for EVERY enemy, critter and NPC in the game (town npc are exceptions but they will have their corrupt version card because the Corrupt Moon Event), so what they do?:

The Librarian sells you a Card Bag that you equip and you can use Cards, you need to equip the cards on the Vanity Accesory slots, yeah usually those slots are used for nothing than hold items you are not using in that moment or just vanity but they dont work because they are in vanity, but this is not the case, cards will only work in vanity slots, they are equipped and the card bag is what does the effects of the cards, you can hover on your Card Bag to read what do you have equipped and see the effects, and they work right now.

This means you may be farming mobs for get the cards you want and equip them as they have most of them unique effects, including new permanent minions and invulnerability etc...

So thats all I think, lot of content will come, I prefer to not upload pictures of everything as there will be too much content to record then, I wish there are new replies, I know i'm slow with this but I'm working in my own game at the same time as I'm doing this, please understand that, i love terraria.

Ah yes, a last thing :p, prepare yourself :v, Its something to do with cards and ceremonies... A new Item called something.... Ring and with that you can.. MARRY people and get a buff when you are near your partner (you can marry anyone but you need the corret Ring for the correct gender).

Hell yeah! And there are a lot of hidden stuff.... Celestial Dungeon Ejem Ejem, Angel Guardian Accesorie Ejem Ejem... xD

Please comment, I want feedback! Ideas! Anyone that wants to help will be helpful too!

Do you want to make an lets play later when its done? Make 3 new slots for the cards when you equip an card bag. It will make it easier instead of wasting Vanity slots, Im one of those that puts accesories in the Vanity slots that i wont use for now and when i need them i just switch them with the other ones.
Make a boss that is constatly spawning demon Eyes ( Reskinned ) that shoots small lasers , not like Eye of cthulu, much faster!
Ideas...

Last edited:
Do you want to make an lets play later when its done? Make 3 new slots for the cards when you equip an card bag. It will make it easier instead of wasting Vanity slots, Im one of those that puts accesories in the Vanity slots that i wont use for now and when i need them i just switch them with the other ones.
Make a boss that is constatly spawning demon Eyes ( Reskinned ) that shoots small lasers , not like Eye of cthulu, much faster!
Ideas...

The thing is that currently there is no support for custom interfaces or something like that in tmodloader, so thats the best way i found for now, and the bosses are closed, I need enemies, new weapons, and card ideas.

If I find a way for custom slots I will do it, but right now thats the only way.

Lets plays will be always welcome :3!

Picture ~ Some stuff, I will remake the bunny armor icons as they dont match with the current armor (I reworked the armor a while ago)
jSFIN.jpg

Oh i did not know that, hope they will add it later. Is it possible to make biomes in tModloader? If so then make one! Maybe an new biome were Bunny spawns is higher then it already is, also can i get an source download? I want to check your codes if its okay? Im new to coding stuff but spriting i know alot better. :happy: I like the armors...

Oh i did not know that, hope they will add it later. Is it possible to make biomes in tModloader? If so then make one! Maybe an new biome were Bunny spawns is higher then it already is, also can i get an source download? I want to check your codes if its okay? Im new to coding stuff but spriting i know alot better. :happy: I like the armors...
Biomes are closed too, I have really good ideas for them, they are Garden (Lunatic version of the Jungle), The Void (Lunatic Biome) and The Deeps (Hell Upgrade for Lunatic Mode).

If you want the source code I can upload it but it is a wip so you may find a lot of unfinished stuff.

About making new biomes we need to wait until tmodloader adds support for them.

With tModLoader? Sorry but no.
Sorry but yes, read the tmodloader development progress, all of them are posible, if you dont know thats not my problem lol.

I know how to do that even if tmodloader doesnt support it, i can manage to add custom biomes and other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom