PC Tmodloader potential updates

Eclipsinium

Terrarian
So Tmodloader is a great addition to the steam world as an official app, though sometimes I wish there were a couple new updates.

1). Make mod folders- Essentially this would make it so that you could put any mod into a certain folder within the app and anytime you wanted to play a specific modpack, you could just click on that folder and you could play as if you just reloaded all your mods to use the mods you wanted to. This would eliminate the pain of remembering the mods you used in a certain playthrough or could help with making new playthrough ideas. This would of course need a new little area to access within the MODS tab in the game to see all the folders(or vice versa so that it was a FOLDERS tab that you could use to make said folders but who knows). The folders idea would also clear up the mods tab to an extent and would make playing multiple playthroughs much easier.

2). In app mod builder- This one is a bit more on the edge but it could prove useful for the mod creators out there. As the idea suggests, it basically just adds an in-game mod builder. You could also make an entirely new app for this but that would seem harder to do as you would need a logo and stuff and might prove to take longer. Obviously this would include a sprite builder, code that would be easy to manage and wouldn't need a college degree to use, and a story to write down to remember what you are building. This would be very useful but again it would be very hard to muster up and its on the lowest end of the list of things I want to see in-game.

3). A built in texture pack tab/builder- The texture pack tab would be like Journeys End but this time its easier to use and can be used for building the texture packs. It would be like the mod builder but its just the sprites as the coding is less when it comes to this type of management. All you need to do is make textures for the base 1.3.5 textures to whatever you want and it would save to a downloadable pack that you can share among friends. It gives off a link to the download for sharing and all you have to do is copy it and paste it to a friend or server. Once they and or you download the pack you can go to the texture packs tab and insert it through the "Go to texture pack folder" button similar to Journeys End.

I will keep posted on updates I would like and things you guys might like too. If any of this comes to happen with Tmodloader then I would be VERY happy, but I don't want any credit as fame is kind of scary lol. Anyways I spent like an hour thinking of stuff and putting it in this so if you have any ideas that you would like to happen then comment on this and leave your thoughts on these ideas!

Back
Top Bottom