Resolved Transferring minimap data from Mobile -> PC does not work.

MichlBro

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I don't know if this is a mobile or a pc issue, but when transferring minimap data from mobile to pc it prevents terraria from loading up the minimap data (resets it) and does not save it. Upon reloading the world, the minimap data is reset. You have to delete the minimap data in order to fix this issue. However, when transferring minimap data (created on the pc) to mobile, it works perfect as expected. This is the log that I got when joining the multiplayer world once I transferred the minimap data from mobile to pc:

Code:
Error Logging Enabled.
Resolution changed to: 1110x600.
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 1x1
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 72x101
================
11/12/2022 13:09:41: First-Chance Exception
Thread: 9 []
Culture: en-GB
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Terraria.Map.MapHelper.InternalSaveMap()
HResult: -2147467261
================

================
11/12/2022 13:09:45: First-Chance Exception
Thread: 4 []
Culture: en-GB
Exception: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
   at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
   at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
HResult: -2146233040
================

Method:
1. Create world, character and play for a bit on mobile (Preferably IOS).
2. Transfer world data and character data from mobile to pc (Your "My Games" folder) via file transfer (Itunes, sharedrop etc.)
3. Load up the world along with the character on PC and the issue is shown on the minimap.
4. Reload the world and the minimap data is not saved.
5. Delete the minimap data in the "My Games" folder and the minimap data is working as normal.
6. Transfer world data and character data from pc to mobile via file transfer again.
7. The world and minimap data works as normal on mobile (transferring this back to pc will recreate the issue.).

Last edited:
Ah, I see. One thing I did notice is when I transferred the player and minimap data to another pc via google drive is that the minimap data also does that weird issue for some reason. There’s probably something on my pc that’s messing up the minimap data or not transferring the files correctly. Thanks anyways.

Back
Top Bottom