Blocks & Decoration Traps

What are your words for that thing?

• Very cool, add more!

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Nice, but we don't need more of these.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not good ideas. Add something that will suprise me.

• No, don't work on this thread.

• Total voters

Piterros990

Duke Fishron
Hello again,
I have a suggestion that will make your world harder (and maybe arenas better).

So, I present to you:
Traps

That thread includes traps - natural spawn and crafting - and some new game mechanics.

So, I'll first present you traps.

pMmAqiy.png

Fire Trap (don't get confused with Flame Trap!)
40 dmg*
Can be naturally spawned in a Lihzahrd Temple. Only spawns in ground, in groups of 1-2. Has a plate on top of it. Shoots out a fire that reaches up to 5 blocks and deals 80 damage to a player that didn't find this trap and stepped on. Applies On Fire! debuff.

That's only natural spawning trap, for now. Next to other traps.

d53eFIZ.png

Cursed Dart Trap
40 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Super Dart Trap
20 Cursed Flame
Same damage as a Super Dart Trap, but instead of Poison it applied Cursed Inferno debuff.

IMfOhE1.png

Cursed Ball Trap
40 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Spike Ball Trap
20 Cursed Flame
Same damage as a Spike Ball Trap, also puts Cursed Inferno on hit.

6XidYGv.png

Cursed Flame Trap
40 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Flame Trap
20 Cursed Flame
Same damage as a Flame Trap, but puts a Cursed Inferno instead of On Fire! debuff.

n49eMZY.png

Cursed Spear Trap
60 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Spear Trap
20 Cursed Flame
Same damage as a Spear Trap, addictionally applies Cursed Inferno debuff.

Q2q0WOe.png

Cursed Fire Trap
40 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Fire Trap
20 Cursed Flame
Same damage as a Fire Trap, but puts Cursed Inferno instead of On Fire!.

Dq93xTL.png

Ichor Dart Trap
40 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Super Dart Trap
20 Ichor
Same damage as a Super Dart Trap, but puts Ichor debuff instead of Poison.

lnZEP6K.png

Ichor Ball Trap
40 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Spike Ball Trap
20 Ichor
Same damage as a Spike Ball Trap, but also inlicts Ichor debuff.

rbOBEpg.png

Ichor Flame Trap
40 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Flame Trap
20 Ichor
Same damage as a Flame Trap, but applies Ichor instead of On Fire! debuff.

MZzoy2G.png

Ichor Spear Trap
60 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Spear Trap
20 Ichor
Same damage as a Spear Trap, but also puts Ichor on contact.

XH0TSx0.png

Ichor Fire Trap
40 dmg*
Crafting:
1 Fire Trap
20 Ichor
Same damage as a Fire Trap, but inflicts Ichor instead of On Fire!.

These are the Corruption/Crimson traps. Additional game mechanic: traps can be infected. Any Dart or Super Dart Trap changes to Cursed/Ichor Dart Trap, so it can be dangerous in early hardmode. Traps can be corrupted/crimsoned only on hardmode, so you don't have to worry before, but better take out every trap you see. Also - Temple trap can be transfered into their worse version, but they change slower and they have to be placed by player.
Btw - these traps were only recolored. That's because they are only corrupted/crimsoned, so they don't need other skin.
*These traps have doubled damage to players, and quadrupled in Expert mode, that means that for example 40 damage, deals 80 to players and 160 on Expert mode.
So, now to the rest of traps (kinda custom).

w49V2C9.png

Rocket Trap
75 dmg
Crafting:
1 Rocket Launcher
50 Rocket I
5 Ectoplasm
20 Wire
50 Stone
This trap can be crafted, but also you can find it underground (similiar rarity to Explosive traps) and in a Dungeon (always 1-3 traps can be there). Deals huge damage, and has auto-aiming on monsters (while placed by a player) or players (while spawned naturally). It shoots every 5 seconds and projectiles aren't homing, so this can be only dangerous if you don't move. Also, it doesn't need power, but then it shoots every 10 seconds. If powered, can shoot every 4 seconds.

BxNpMtT.png

Glue Trap
0 dmg
Crafting:
50 Gel
20 Wire
50 Stone
It can spawn naturally, in every biome. Has auto-aim as well as Rocket Trap, shoots every 4 seconds and applies a debuff Glued. This slows you in a similiar way to Slow debuff. With this debuff player turns yellow in some parts and yellow projectiles come out. Debuff lasts for 10 seconds.
Also, this trap is a reference to Bloons TD Glue Gunner :)

S6ddKv7.png

Laser Trap
30 dmg
Crafting:
20 Ectoplasm
50 Martian Conduit Plating
30 Wire
It can be only obtained by crafting. Shoots a super-fast moving green laser every 1 second, so a lot faster than other traps.

fBDbfFe.png

Tesla Tower
100 dmg
Crafting:
30 Ectoplasm
100 Martian Conduit Plating
30 Wire
20 Electroplate
It can be crafted and also dropped from Martian Engineer (10% of dropping 1). Does a huge damage, puts Electrified for 5 seconds and has a delay between shooting of 5 seconds. Has a pretty small range too (only 5 blocks radius) and shoots ALL enemies or players.

So, that's for now. Very soon I will add more and more of these - I'll just upload most ideas I'll have :)
Also, I won't go for Lunar Traps because someone already made suggestion about it.

Last edited:
Good traps, but i felt some of them were just reskinned (not by sprites, kinda like the fire is just flame, being put upwards)
Yep, I reskinned them. But the Fire Trap isn't a Spike Ball Trap put upwards, I draw that in a similiar style. Well, I wanted them to be changed in a similiar way to stone. Before 1.2 Ebonstone was a reskinned Stone, that's the reason why I only reskinned them.

I like the idea that dart traps can be infected, but the fire trap and the infected lihzahrd traps are unnecessary. While I don't hate the custom traps, I wouldn't want them in the game.

I like the idea that dart traps can be infected, but the fire trap and the infected lihzahrd traps are unnecessary. While I don't hate the custom traps, I wouldn't want them in the game.
Well, first: in the Temple there are only wall and ceiling traps, so I wanted to make something from a floor. Maybe I will change that to kind of Spike Trap, that will stab you with spikes while standing on it. Infected Lihzahrd Traps - I made them, because once I created Infected Dart Traps, the idea for other traps came into my mind. I know that there are people who won't use these traps. There are so many things that are in game and that are not used many times - but they are in game.

Well, first: in the Temple there are only wall and ceiling traps, so I wanted to make something from a floor. Maybe I will change that to kind of Spike Trap, that will stab you with spikes while standing on it. Infected Lihzahrd Traps - I made them, because once I created Infected Dart Traps, the idea for other traps came into my mind. I know that there are people who won't use these traps. There are so many things that are in game and that are not used many times - but they are in game.
A floor spike trap would be fun. You could make an inescapable death trap by having those below and spike traps above.

Back
Top Bottom