NPCs & Enemies Tribal Village

TheCharmandah

Terrarian
Ocean biomes, in my opinion at least, do not provide much. They have the Angler and Sharks, but that's about it. So a thought crossed my mind. What if we had NPCs living in some sort of Tribal Village?

NPCs
The NPCs could look similar to the minions summoned by the Pygmy Staff. Some could be Warriors that could protect the village while under attack (or if you attack an NPC). Some could be Traders.

Trading
Some of the NPCs living in the Village could have a trading system. The NPC would list what items it had. You would put in the item you want to to trade. Then it would show how much of each item you could get by trading that one item. For example, say you wanted to trade 1 Meteorite Ingot to an NPC. If you put 1 Meteorite Ingot into the slot, the Trader would display that you could choose to get 5 Gold Ingots, 3 Demonite Bars, or 2 Healing Potions from that 1 Meteorite Ingot.

War
If you provoke a village long enough (Ex. Hitting an NPC and then running away) then the village could go to war with you. The message could be along the lines of "A Village is invading from the West/East!". The enemies could include a Warrior with a javelin and an Archer with a bow.

That's all the things I had in mind. Feel free to give suggestions.

EDIT: There will be a Befriending Mechanic of some sort that will up your relations with the Village, causing them to be less likely to attack you. Getting to a certain level of friendliness with a Village can cause the NPCs to move into vacant houses.

Last edited:
this is interesting, what would happen when the corruption/crimson reaches the ocean?
No clue. I guess the village is gone then.
EDIT: The Corruption/Crimson could "corrupt" the minds of the Villagers, so to speak, causing them to invade you for no reason.

This idea is.....PERFECT! In fact, I was just thinking about it this past few days, that a Tiki village in the jungle, or a tribe near the oean, or maybe even eskimos in the ice biome.

It does remind me of The Witch Doctor.. And this could be really annoying when in the endgame. I think Stats and more info shall come!

Back
Top Bottom