Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I tried to play Terraria on the launch day of journeys end and essentially what happens is I will start a world on multiplayer so my friends can join; but when they join they can only stay in for a couple of seconds before losing connection and getting kicked out.

We have tried:

-Reinstalling
- Verifying game cache (it constantly says that one file is missing)
- I tried resetting my router
- removing ALL Terraria folders
- making sure our characters were not in journey mode
- having other people host

Something to add here:

Other friends of mine who have a different game experience no problems, but the 3 people (me included) cannot connect to that server.

We also noticed that late at night it seemed to be better (presumably low player count?)

thanks

I was having a similar issue a couple of days ago. I would either get disconnected within minutes of playing on the server, or Terraria would get stuck while joining the server, with this message:

"Receiving Tile Data: 6%"

My other friends could still play just fine on the same server, though. I tried Googling it, but everyone was "guessing" what the problem could be, and none of the solutions really worked for me.

What really did the trick for me, was lowering the MTU value of my network card from 1500 (default) to 1488. After that, I was finally able to join my friend's server and keep on it for as long as I wanted without ever being disconnected.

Now, I don't know if my solution will work for you, since your issue is not exactly the same as mine, but it might be worth giving it a try anyway. If a specific MTU value doesn't work for you right away, try using this guide to find the optimal MTU value (just replace the "www.google.com" used in the article with the server's IP address).

Good luck.

I was having a similar issue a couple of days ago. I would either get disconnected within minutes of playing on the server, or Terraria would get stuck while joining the server, with this message:

My other friends could still play just fine on the same server, though. I tried Googling it, but everyone was "guessing" what the problem could be, and none of the solutions really worked for me.

What really did the trick for me, was lowering the MTU value of my network card from 1500 (default) to 1488. After that, I was finally able to join my friend's server and keep on it for as long as I wanted without ever being disconnected.

Now, I don't know if my solution will work for you, since your issue is not exactly the same as mine, but it might be worth giving it a try anyway. If a specific MTU value doesn't work for you right away, try using this guide to find the optimal MTU value (just replace the "www.google.com" used in the article with the server's IP address).

Good luck.
I will give this a try. Something is better than nothing.

Good luck.
Didn't work. Any other ideas? This sucks because it seems like nobody else has this issue and I've tried reinstalling and crap like that tons of times now.

I'm sorry, I really don't know what it can be then..

Perhaps there's a routing problem with your ISP and the person hosting it?

Because in my experience, the first option is be much better and gives more control to the person hosting it. See:
But nothing that this file is launched at the host through Steam? What will be the difference, control through the console? But is this necessary for a group of people who just decided to play without breaking their brains?

Back
Top Bottom