**REPORTED** twin anglers?

apparently 2 sleeping anglers can spawn at once so I guess i have 2 anglers now
Capture 2024-01-24 13_22_25.png

To double check, are you using any mods?

If not this will be treated as a bug report and moved to the bug section.

To double check, are you using any mods?

If not this will be treated as a bug report and moved to the bug section.
I'm not using mods

Ok but do they give the same quest? Meaning you have to fish it up twice?
they give the same quest but take only one fish

interestingly the only major difference I've noticed is with the names the one i saved first has a different name but in dialogue it uses the name of the one i saved last

Can you upload the world this happened on? (attach it to a post here)

That would help with investigation of this

Thanks, I'll enter it into the bug system.

Did both Sleeping Anglers appear at the same time? Or did you rescue one, then the other showed up later?

I just tested to see if i could get this to happen again by trying to repeat what happened the first time but i couldnt get a second sleeping angler to spawn

It's possible that there is some sort of race condition involved with checks on whether to spawn a sleeping/bound NPC. I believe there was at least one other report of two bound Mechanics in one world, and that one couldn't be reproduced either even though it clearly happened. It might just be a really rare edge case that is hard to track down and fix.

Nonetheless, I've put all the information in the bug tracking system for consideration by the dev team. Thanks for all the detail, that is really helpful.

Both places that spawn a sleeping angler properly check for existing sleeping anglers, and the newly spawned angler is also immediately ready to be recognized as existing, my bet is on bit flip :^)

Back
Top Bottom