Game Mechanics [UI]

Do you think this would be a useful addition to the game?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I believe one addition that would greatly improve Terraria replayability for people who play Terraria every now and then over the years, would be if we could add some sort of short description to our characters and worlds.

So at the world or character selection screen there might be a small button[1] for custom player-added text. Over time the list of characters and worlds grows very long. And maintaining a separate text file specifically for adding either in-game[2] or meta narrative[3] to each character and world.

Technically speaking would be nice if the text fields werent very limited (e.g. like a page or 2). The UI could maybe display only a few words or a row without clicking on it (to edit).

[1] or better yet, a (at least partially) visible field
[2] character biography, e.g. "This character is a dwarf that is terribly afraid of water. Also they love books."
[3] e.g. whom I was playing with or what my plans for the world were. Also which character belongs to which world(s).

This has been suggested before, but I still agree with doing this.
The lack of a description is why I have players named Explorer and Fighter; and why there is usually a signpost in each world's spawn point so I know the purpose of the world. Being able to add a brief description on the select screen would be very handy.

Back
Top Bottom