tModLoader Unable to find cause of severe bug

Joe Dolca

Empress of Light
I have started a brand new 1.3.4 playthrough and thought of doing the Etherian event since that's the new cool thing on the block, and I've come across a bug that thoroughly destroyed any enjoyment to be had from it.

Unless I am really close to the enemies, and i mean really REALLY close, less than a quarter of a screen length's away, the etherian mobs will just despawn immediately after spawning. They don't even last two frames, although they do exist for long enough to the turrets and sentries to lock onto them and permanently fire, even scoring a hit or two, they just cease existence right after. The only time they stay spawned is when I am within breath smelling range of them.

If you fail to see how that's a problem, let me put it this way: I can't lose. I can't even begin to lose, the mobs will never reach the crystal as long as I stand over a couple blocks away from it. The mobs don't even have a chance to get past me or survive, since even basic knockback will put me out of their range and make them dissapear. I can't lose, I can't attack them from anything other than melee range, and the turrets go to waste, as well as the whole event idea. What gives?

Here's the list of mods I am using:
Even More Modifiers
Summoner's association
imkSushi mod
Vanilla Tweaks
Prefixes for enemies
Max Stack Plus
Boss Expertise
Wing Slot
Infinity: Endless items
imkSushi mod: Drops Addon
Simple Auto Chests

Looking at it, Boss Expertise should be the only thing that even touches this event, and I don't think the expert mode variant of the etherian army is "Event is unloseable".

I have started a brand new 1.3.4 playthrough and thought of doing the Etherian event since that's the new cool thing on the block, and I've come across a bug that thoroughly destroyed any enjoyment to be had from it.

Unless I am really close to the enemies, and i mean really REALLY close, less than a quarter of a screen length's away, the etherian mobs will just despawn immediately after spawning. They don't even last two frames, although they do exist for long enough to the turrets and sentries to lock onto them and permanently fire, even scoring a hit or two, they just cease existence right after. The only time they stay spawned is when I am within breath smelling range of them.

If you fail to see how that's a problem, let me put it this way: I can't lose. I can't even begin to lose, the mobs will never reach the crystal as long as I stand over a couple blocks away from it. The mobs don't even have a chance to get past me or survive, since even basic knockback will put me out of their range and make them dissapear. I can't lose, I can't attack them from anything other than melee range, and the turrets go to waste, as well as the whole event idea. What gives?

Here's the list of mods I am using:
Even More Modifiers
Summoner's association
imkSushi mod
Vanilla Tweaks
Prefixes for enemies
Max Stack Plus
Boss Expertise
Wing Slot
Infinity: Endless items
imkSushi mod: Drops Addon
Simple Auto Chests

Looking at it, Boss Expertise should be the only thing that even touches this event, and I don't think the expert mode variant of the etherian army is "Event is unloseable".
If you're struggling with finding out which mod is the culprit, try disabling each mod and seeing if it changes each time you disable one.

Back
Top Bottom