• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Uncluttered Projectiles - Reduced on-screen visual effect spam during fights

hamstar

Steampunker

Requires Mod Helpers

This mod diminishes visibility (opacity) of on-screen projectiles during boss fights and invasions. It can do the following (adjustable via. config):
  • Affect either player or NPC projectiles (player by default).
  • Clear away "dust" (sparks, smoke, etc.) particles near diminished projectiles.
  • Be applied for invasions, bosses, and/or other events.
  • Be fine tuned for things like clearing radius, opacity, etc.

Source available here. API here. Config here.

Last edited:

hamstar

Steampunker
v1.2.1
  • Updated for TML11.5
  • Added FloatInputElement for float config settings
  • Added ranges to some config settings
v1.2.0
  • Updated to TML11.4 and MH5b
v1.1.1.4
  • Added "Not Spam" config list for projectiles that need to be ignored for whatever reason (e.g. Vile Thorns; become broken when trying to unclutter)
v1.1.1.3
  • Fixed error with index OoB checks for projectile types against pet arrays
v1.1.1.1
  • Attempted fix for boss projectile removal
v1.1.1
  • Set pet "projectiles" to be excluded from "spam" projectile identification
v1.1.0
  • Added Mod Helpers control panel functionality
  • Set mod to be client-side only (including removing config file syncing from server)
  • Modified ProjectileDimPercent to 0.8 (80% translucency)
  • Added mod icon
  • Added AreFriendlyAndHostileProjectilesLikelySpam and AreUnfriendlyAndUnhostileProjectilesLikelySpam settings
v1.0.0
  • First release.

Attachments

Last edited:

hamstar

Steampunker
Any screenshot before/after ?
I could use one, if you're able to help. Just capture a moment in multiplayer with multiple players during a boss fight or event involving lots of player projectiles. You should see the effect quite plainly.

[FR] Aymerhic

Official Terrarian
Unfortunately,there is nothing special in the logs,and the bug is still here,but i don't understand what causes the bug

hamstar

Steampunker
Unfortunately,there is nothing special in the logs,and the bug is still here,but i don't understand what causes the bug
What's the last version you remember not having the issue?
[doublepost=1558883183,1558882616][/doublepost]
What's the last version you remember not having the issue?
Alright, found the fix. Try v1.1.1.2.

Sorry, should have tried testing it myself. Got a bit busy.

hamstar

Steampunker
Does this mod reduce lag when it hides the particles or is it just a visual effect?
It tries. Obviously having less particles should mean less computing and rendering, but it does so by checking a 6k array a chunk at a time (configurable amount) to tell what to remove. Benchmarking may be needed.

Top Bottom