Weapons & Equip Underraria

Thanks moderator. Sorry dude, I haven't played terraria in a while, so I forgot. It's not a reason to get so mad anyway. Besides, nowadays there's many hard modes.

I agree with Neko-Chan's idea of a subtle Undertale reference with Undyne's Spear. The other idea I have is a rare pet drop from any skeleton mob called Dragon Skull, which is a skull shaped like a dragon's head and has one flashing eye. Undertale players should already know what this references.

A suggestion. Instead of having the glowing eye reduce mana cost, why not have it so you can actually use San's soul manipulation.
With the glowing eye, you can temporarily grab an enemy for about 15-20 mana per use, dealing small damage on the initial grab or either fling them up, down, forward or backwards. Depending on how fast and far the enemy goes will depend on the damage dealt. The enemy can only be held for 3 seconds before it automatically lets go.
Any modifiers that increase magical damage only affect the initial grab. It would be fun to have something like this, especially when we friends as you could play catch or throw an enemy into a ally's attack.

The only other suggestion I can think of that could be added, is the name "sans" to the pool of skeleton merchant names, and he will have a special quote if he is called sans:

"Do you wanna have a bad time? Cus, if you don't buy another item, you're REALLY not gunna like what happens next!"
:p

I wouldn't mind seeing one obvious, and one subtle reference though, but no need to overdo it :)

Last edited:
@MACMAN2003 Are you aware of just how many references Terraria has already? The game is, like, 30% meme. Just off the top of my head...

Robot Hat = Cave Story
Flower of Fire = Mario Bros.
Portal Gun & Companion Cube = Portal
Creeper Costume = Minecraft
Eskimo Armor/Pink Eskimo Armor = Ice Climber

Not to mention the pop-culture references like...

Meowmere = Nyan Cat
Archologist's Hat and the Doctor Bones mob it drops from = Indiana Jones
Doctor's Suit and (as shown by its tooltip) the Fez = Doctor Who
...and pretty much every mob in the Solar Eclipse is a reference to an old movie, as are some of their drops...such as the Psycho Knife (Psycho).

Yes, but those things are actually iconic and good. Terrorists doesn't need Undertale, and some of these items themselves are ridiculous.

The only other subtle suggestion I can think of that could be added, is the name "sans" to the pool of skeleton merchant names, and he will have a special quote if he is called sans:

"Do you wanna have a bad time? Cus, if you don't buy another item, you're REALLY not gunna like what happens next!"
:p

I wouldn't mind seeing one obvious, and one subtle reference, but no need to overdo it :)

No offence, but that's about as subtle as a brick through a window. `:p

You know what I mean! @Kefke :p It's not glaring you in the face! ;)

Oh, and as to the brick thing, pretty darn subtle if you ask me :D

Anyway, reworded - Happy? :p

Last edited:
Yeah terraria does not give you the option to sucker punch characters... I felt so bad when I killed that one skeleton what was his name. . . "paperus" or something.

Only reference I seeing is somthing with the description of "but it refused"... Not sure why or what though.

I like undertale, but I personally would want the references to be a bit more subtle, not too sure exactly how it could change, maybe limit it to one or so items. I like the idea of the spear especially.

Or you know, just don't have any reference to Undertale at all, cause it doesn't really matter :) (not trying to be mean)

How about Spaghetti, that gives the "well fed" buff, like a lot of other food items, that has tooltip "Nyeh heh heh"?

Unless Toby Fox is a complete dullard, every single thing in Undertale may be copyrighted.

That's why we don't have Frostmourne in the game.

Ever seen Gaia Online? Ever seen any of a million T.V. shows where people have Banana, Plum, Pineapple, or Pear logos on their electronics? Ever seen...the references in Terraria? You really don't have to change much to no longer be infringing.

Spaghetti: (insert icon here)
item type: consumable
effect: heals 90, gives potion sickness and well feed.
Description: Has a note on it. it says: Nyeh he he he!"
How to: Skeleton merchant sells it for 1 gold coin during half moons.
For some reason I want the spaghetti to reference Hotel Mario and the various YTPs from it, not just Undertale.
It would be a great item without the description.

If there WAS an Undertale reference added to Terraria, I would make it that if wearing the entire Silly Sunflower vanity set, the standard boss roar would have a 1% chance to be replaced by the Omega Flowey laugh. Because why not

Back
Top Bottom