Game Mechanics Unique crits

Slimeustas

Terrarian
So critical hits. They only have a chance of happening and double damage which is kinda boring. But the nebula blaze and vortex beater gave me the idea of weapons having unique crits. Here's the run down of each standard crit effect for each weapon class (they still keep the double damage effect of the original crits):

Melee - the swords and shortswords after the slash creates a line in the air that is tilted in a 20 degree cone which increases the swords range and looks cool too (ONLY TRIGGERS IF THE ENEMY IS HIT BY THE BLADE), yoyos get a spin time increase and create a little air blast that knocks enemies away, flails get removed from the game and the solar eruption gets transferred to the other section of weapons, other weapons each get a unique effect, and sword and weapon projectiles shoot out a bigger, stronger, faster projectile. All debuffs also have double the length
Magic - for magic weapons that grant debuffs to enemies debuff time doubles and or shoot out a bigger stronger, faster bolt.
Range - for ranged weapons and ammo that grant debuffs to enemies debuff time doubles, rockets the explosion lights every enemy on fire (celebration gives daybroken debuff on top of "on fire" and the electro sphere launcher inflict the electrified ) and bows and repeaters get doubled arrow speed and velocity
Summoner - minions create an explosion of something. The thing depends on what minion it is so spiders shoot out a web explosion and web enemies, stardust dragon creates a stardust explosion and inflicts daybroken, stardust cells make a stardust explosion and inflict "celled" etc

Now some unique ones:
1. Golden shower makes an ichor explosion from the enemy that got crit and enemies close to it also get ichored and take damage. The explosions and also crit making a chain reaction of ichor explosions
2. Vampire knifes turn into a solid knife that upon hitting an enemy burst into 6 red knifes in a hexagon each knife being in each point of the hexagon and if the enemy is big enough the knifes just hit the enemy again for more damage
3. Nebula blaze fires a blue bolt instead of the 20% chance it normally has and the vortex beater fires a rocket with each crite
4. Scourge of the corruptor makes it that instead of it splitting into small bolts it splits into big bolts which THAN turn into the small bolts (the split big bolts can't crit)
5. The daybreak throws a bigger spear which instead of being stuck into the enemy, pierces the enemy and inflicts on the daybroken debuff which does twice as much damage and does the damage twice as fast

If you want to know a specific weapons unique crit if it stands out enough to be elagable into the unique crit category than ask and I'll think of something

This wouldn't really match what a critical hit is, a "critical" hit is simply a hit in the enemies weak spot(hypothetically). With all the critical chance increases near end-game you can get your hands on, this turns from a cool little burst of damage to an overpowered total upgrade to your weapons. No support, doubling the damage is already enough for the critical system and is already overpowered in its current state late-game.

flails get removed from the game
Yikes, well I better make sure I don't get any crits with flails then, lest they spontaneously disappear.

...In seriousness, though, these seem like things Accessories would let you do, and not things that happen normally. As sharkman0101 said, this is kind of really overpowered, and honestly, kinda unnecessary???
And about the flail thing, um, why should they be removed, exactly?

I kinda think that if summons can't crit, it's for a good reason, and, as other people said here, it will be pretty OP

That still doesn't justify why flails should be removed from the game, they have their uses and serve their purpose as a defensive/offensive melee weapon in the game(similar to yo-yo), so why should they be removed?

Back
Top Bottom