Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was playing on my localhost v1.4.0.4 server yesterday when there was some sort of display driver issue - screen colors went all funky then the machine locked up. After reboot the server name showed empty in TerrariaServer, and I could run it but not connect. I made a backup of the .wld and .bak but both seem wiped with null values so I'm assuming there's nothing to recover? I saw a few other posts with the same issue and no solutions. I'll definitely be making manual backups in the future, it's unfortunate because collectively we had 100+ hours ;(

Attachments

• The_Towel_of_Chainsaws.wld
    6.3 MB · Views: 76
  • The_Towel_of_Chainsaws.wld.bak
    6.3 MB · Views: 59
What happened before this? Sounds like it got corrupted pretty bad. Did you have it on the Steam Cloud? Having worlds on the Steam Cloud is the #1 cause of world corruption to normal players right now.

Nothing special happened before, I think I was just wandering around in the underworld and It wasn't saved to the Steam Cloud.
It hasn't happened again yet, but I saw the changelog about the rolling backups so hopefully that will keep us safe!

Just happened again, the server locked up and on restart the active world and both its backups (.bak and .bak2) were somehow wiped with 11mb of null values. All other .wld files look fine, haven't touched Terraria or TerrariaServer since the crash...

Attachments

• Best_Paintbrush_of_Torture.zip
    34.5 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom