Console Unplayable with current UI. Please give me back 1.3

SaltySaltine

Terrarian
Custom settings give you no actual customization only letting me add/remove pages (not even letting me remove all of them, or select the opactiy) , but a lot of prevouis UI features where removed (Zoom in/out, full screen map was removed, a hotselect with the directional pad was removed wiith 1.3, and we don't even have the option for the normal Interface). This update was not at all optimized for console, and shouldn't have even been released. I would rather play 1.3, because atleast the game is meant for console. The fact I have to constatly look at my menus is so annoying, and the controls aren't customizable only the button layout is. I waited so paitently to be greeted with a UI that makes playing the game so tedouis, and annoying. I can't even look at the game just the menus, I can't remove them fully, or return to the original UI. My dissapointment cannot be voiced enough. I don't know how they can call this an update for console when they remove all the features of console, and only made it playable on mouse, and keyboard.

Zoom in and Out is now RB + Up/Down on the D-pad.

The map button you need to rebind to the Back button. As it is bound to RB + Right on the D-Pad.

Also the only version of Terraria so far that was meant for Console was before 1.3.

This UI is a lot better than the previous one. The Keybindings you need to customise to your liking.

Zoom in and Out is now RB + Up/Down on the D-pad.

The map button you need to rebind to the Back button. As it is bound to RB + Right on the D-Pad.

Also the only version of Terraria so far that was meant for Console was before 1.3.

This UI is a lot better than the previous one. The Keybindings you need to customise to your liking.
Thank you for the zoom tip, but you serouisly cannot customize controls only the layout. I'm unable to choose if I want toggle or hold aim, I'm unable to choose if I want to trash stuff without holding it, I'm unable to choose if I want my map on my touchpad, I cannot choose anything that isn't already what I'm given. I have no option to choose if I want to return to my hotbard upon exiting my inventory. I can't even choose to navigate my inventory normally. I have to use buttons, and not my cursor (yes you can use the joystick, but that still moves you 1 by 1, and doesn't give you a cursor). Theres no customization whatsoever. They shouldn't have updated it at all if they weren't going to make it for console. Zoom doesn't even help that much cause you can still only see those disgusting menus that you have no choice on opacity, or no way to toggle them. Like serouisly sad they don't have a simple option to toggle between just the hotbar, and than the page menus. Theres 0 customization when it comes to the customization.

Thank you for the zoom tip, but you serouisly cannot customize controls only the layout. I'm unable to choose if I want toggle or hold aim, I'm unable to choose if I want to trash stuff without holding it, I'm unable to choose if I want my map on my touchpad, I cannot choose anything that isn't already what I'm given. I have no option to choose if I want to return to my hotbard upon exiting my inventory. I can't even choose to navigate my inventory normally. I have to use buttons, and not my cursor (yes you can use the joystick, but that still moves you 1 by 1, and doesn't give you a cursor). Theres no customization whatsoever. They shouldn't have updated it at all if they weren't going to make it for console. Zoom doesn't even help that much cause you can still only see those disgusting menus that you have no choice on opacity, or no way to toggle them. Like serouisly sad they don't have a simple option to toggle between just the hotbar, and than the page menus. Theres 0 customization when it comes to the customization.
Can you explain what you mean by Toggle or Hold aim?

Yeah the trashing part bugs me as well. Hopefully they change that back or gives us an option to change it to just X/Square like before.

I'm not sure on the touchpad stuff as I don't own a PS4/Ps5. When you go to rebind the map button pressing the touch pad doesn't do it?

Not sure I understand what you mean by not been able to choose anything that isn't already what you are given.

Not sure I understand what you mean by the hotbar part either sorry D:

Can you explain what you mean by Toggle or Hold aim?

Yeah the trashing part bugs me as well. Hopefully they change that back or gives us an option to change it to just X/Square like before.

I'm not sure on the touchpad stuff as I don't own a PS4/Ps5. When you go to rebind the map button pressing the touch pad doesn't do it?

Not sure I understand what you mean by not been able to choose anything that isn't already what you are given.

Not sure I understand what you mean by the hotbar part either sorry. :D
So I have my aim set to R2 if I tap it I am "aiming" meaning I have to shoot/attack/place with whatever is in my hand wherever I look. Instead of when I hold R2 I place where I am aiming, or attack, but it stops when I let go. Like in minecraft where you can hold crouch or toggle it. Or like in apex where you can Toggle crouch, or hold crouch. Theres no alternatite controls to the ones you are given only what buttons they are on. On the horbar thing, if you open your inventory, and you stay in your inventory you are not returned to your hotbar, and will be stuck on any row you chose in your inventory without being able to change what row you are on without going back into your inventory.

So when you move your right thumbstick it uses what ever is in your hand right?

To stop this go into your key bindings and in the Miscellaneous section at the top is "Toggle Aim Mode" Bind that to clicking in your left thumbstick and apply that. Go back so you can move around and press in your left thumbstick and that should stop it from doing that. Then unbind the same one so it doesn't come back

With the second part are you by any chance pressing Y/Triangle to open and close your inventory? And when you "Close" your inventory it stays on screen and you want to go back to your hotbar?

This new update for nintendo switch is unplayable. The mobile piggy bank does not work. You have to manually move each item to the chest. The color of the game looks aweful. This is a huge disappointment, this was my favorite game and now i cant even play it.

This new update for nintendo switch is unplayable. The mobile piggy bank does not work. You have to manually move each item to the chest. The color of the game looks aweful. This is a huge disappointment, this was my favorite game and now i cant even play it.
Yea for real, this is just a huge letdown. I lost items in my world which sucks for me if I have to go get them all again, not to mention how laggy the game is now. It doesnt even run smooth. And then having to manually move everything from my inventory to a chest is just not reasonable. Seems like the update has just made the game harder to play and almost unbearable. I expected there to be problems on release and I really hope they fix these issues quickly. Theres probably so much other problems that I haven't discovered yet.

you guys should consider rebinding your control scheme, there is an option to bind a deposit all to chest to a button. there is also a button on the UI to interact with to use this.
I swear if Switch players start lodging complaints on the forum about the UI or the control scheme being bad I'm really going to have an aneurism over the rehash of the 1.4 launch on Xbox and PlayStation

Back
Top Bottom