Mobile Unstable FPS iPhone 14 Pro

SireNightFire

Terrarian
Just wanted to post that the iPhone 14 Pro seems to be having some FPS instability. Using the FPS tracker it shows the FPS constantly dipping rom 60 to 53. It's pretty noticeable when the whole game starts to slow down for a bit, then speed back up. The phone did just come out though so I understand not everything is ready to support it.

EDIT: So I've discovered that by using a bluetooth controller all the lag is eliminated. When using a controller (Not touching the screen) I get a stable 60 FPS with no dips or drops. IF I'm using the touch screen controls or just touching the screen my FPS begins to go down into the 50's and occasionally the 49's. A wireless controller fixes it.

Last edited:

Just want to add that I've figured out a system wide issue regarding game performance on the new iPhone 14 Pro. I've come to the conclusion that by using a wireless controller for each game that was stuttering fixed the problem completely. Terraria was dipping into the 50's but with a controller it's a solid 60. When playing Stardew Valley I noticed that it's constant every other second stutter disappeared when using a controller. Same goes for Genshin Impact and other power hungry applications.

terrarialowfps.png

Just wanted to add that it's still a problem after the most recent update

I'm having the same issue on my new iPhone 14 pro max, did you solve this?
Nope, I even submitted it to apple and got it escalated to the max tier. The iOS developers then said it's up to the game developers to fix unless this issue begins to affect apple created apps. So at the moment they're blaming the app makers rather than taking responsibility. Even my apple support agent was miffed lol. He's been calling me every week for about 2 months now regarding the bug.

Nope, I even submitted it to apple and got it escalated to the max tier. The iOS developers then said it's up to the game developers to fix unless this issue begins to affect apple created apps. So at the moment they're blaming the app makers rather than taking responsibility. Even my apple support agent was miffed lol. He's been calling me every week for about 2 months now regarding the bug.
Wow thats strange! I had an app developer reply back to me saying that they can't fix it because its related to the display refresh rate and touch input, and they're awaiting an iOS update. Apparently most of their games are like this on the new iPhone pro models.

Hey there, just wanted to follow up on this - is this behaviour still something you’re encountering at all? To confirm, all of you are 14 pro / 14 pro max users?

Back
Top Bottom