NPCs & Enemies Updated Dialogue for NPCs

What do you think?

• More quotes!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I do want more quotes, but the ones you made are plain bad.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Just no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The TechnoMancer

Skeletron Prime
So I'm sure if you've played (and/or beat) terraria, the NPCs aren't exactly your favorite parts of the game. And I'm pretty confident this is because the NPCs -- are plain boring.
Don't get me wrong, the NPCs are unique and well-written characters -- only their dialogue gets mundane after your first time seeing them. We need some fresh quotes! More triggers for these quotes! ...And that's really it.
I'll just give you some examples.

Guide:
(In hardmode): "I hear you burned the last guide alive. Please don't do that to me."
(When a guide voodoo doll is in inventory): "What are you doing with that doll? ...Hey! Be careful with that!"
(
Desktop_only.png
After beating the game): "You beat the Moon Lord. Congrats. I guess you don't need me anymore?"
(After the player recently dying): "I'm sorry, [Player]. I thought you were knocking on the door. I didn't mean to let in a hoard of zombies, I swear. I'm sorry. Please don't kill me."
(After earning an achievement): "Hey, [Player]. Good job on that achievement, by the way. Can I help you?"

Merchant:
(After spending 99
GoldCoin.gif
on Merchant): "I can't thank you enough. You're my best customer! ...And only customer."
(After buying from traveling merchant): "I don't like that [Traveling Merchant] guy. He sells GOOD stuff. Um, I mean, my stuff is still WAY better."
(When player has more than 50
CopperCoin.gif
): "Hey, kid. Wanna buy some... Torches?"
(When player has no money): "Can I interest you in some -- wait a minute, you have no money?! Go get a job or something, and then come back!"
(When player has more than 1
PlatinumCoin.gif
): "Hey, you've got a lot of cash. I'm hoping I'm the only guy you spend it on."

Nurse:
(When player has full health): "I'm out of lollipops, so don't even ask."
(When player has no money): "I can't offer you any treatment if you don't have any money."
(After spending 10
GoldCoin.gif
on healing): "You really get out a lot, don't you?"
(When player has healing items in inventory): "What are you here for? You've got plenty of potions."
(After NPC dies): "I tried to help [NPC], but they didn't make it. ...What? Can't you see I'm trying to mourn?"

Painter:
(If painting is in room): "I really like this painting. Who made it? Let me guess... Me? What's that look for? Am I wrong?"
(If player doesn't have paint brush in inventory): "You really need a paint brush. Wait a minute... That look in your eye... Don't tell me you're here just to browse!"

And so on.
I'd really like to see more quotes for NPCs.

Back
Top Bottom