Items Uses for unloved materials- New rockets and arrows

Firearrow15

Skeletron
So there are a couple materials in this game that are only used in a couple of recipes and only for equipment. Yes, I am talking about frost cores, turtle shells, and beetle husks. I have come up with a few consumable uses for these materials, so they don't just become vendor trash once you have made all their recipes.

Frost cores:
Currently used in 3 recipes, requiring a total of 3.

Deepfreeze rockets
- Damage: 50
- Inflicts Chilled and Frostburn on enemies caught in the blast radius.
- Does not reset the timer on already Chilled enemies
-Does not destroy terrain
Recipe: 1 Frost core, 500 Rocket III @ a Hardmode anvil. Makes 500

Turtle shells:
Currently used in 3 recipes, requiring a total of 7 (For full beetle and an extra turtle set)

Misshells (Missle + Shell. It's funny, ok?)
- Damage: 55
- Upon impact with terrain or enemies, explodes with 3-5 pieces of shrapnel that are affected by gravity and linger on the ground for ~5 seconds. Shrapnel pieces on the ground damage enemies that touch them.
- Shrapnel pieces do not deal self-damage
- Does not destroy terrain
Recipe: 1 Turtle shell, 500 Rocket III @ a Hardmode anvil. Makes 500.

Beetle husks:
Currently used in 5 recipes, requiring a total of 34

Beetle arrow
- Damage: 8
- Fires two arrows in a narrow spread for every one that would normally be fired
Recipe: 1 Beetle husk and 200 Wooden arrows @ a Hardmode anvil. Makes 200

You may notice that ectoplasm and shroomite, despite being endgame materials, are not in this suggestion. This is because ectoplasm is useful for moon event spawners, and shroomite is crafted, not dropped, meaning you will never have more than you need. If you would like to suggest uses for these, be my guest.

Well, that is all for this suggestion. Let me know if you think these need balancing. Feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Back
Top Bottom