Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
When using a pylon with a controller, the use time is extremely short so every time we press a button (circle) it flickers from map to game and game to map extremely fast, probably at frame rate.

We are using PS4 controllers connected to a PC in multiplayer. Both hosted and non-hosted participants experienced the issue.

It works fine if we don't "use" the pylon. If we are close enough to a pylon and just go to map, we can select a pylon easily using a controller

I have been having exactly the same issue. When the map is opened a previously held B button instantly closes the map and since Pylons are used by the interact button (Default B) using a Pylon directly opens and then instantly closes the map rapidly due to the same button perfoming both actions and it not rejecting the held button input when the map opens or closes.

I found a second location where this causes issues as well. The inventory screen doesnt reject input from a previously held A button so using the Guide to look up crafting recipies causes the held A button from selecting his conversation option to immediatly craft something if the cursor was over an intem in the crafting list. This usually happens any time you talk to him and use that option after the first time in a given play session. Using the shop menu for other NPCs doesnt cause you to instantly buy something so the held input is clearly being rejected on the new menu there.

I recorded a short clip showing both issues and also how the Pylon intereaction doesnt occur in the similar situation of opening and closing a chest and the Guide interaction doesnt occur with the Shop NPC.

Steam
Single Player
Windows 10
Terraria Version 1.4.0.3
PS4 controller using steam remapping and Xbox 360 controller

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom